Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
I need to rant D:<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Am I..?
  Are you wut?
View Results

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:29 pm
I need to rant D:

Here's the whole story Rant.:

My dad is in the hospital about to have an operation, and I keep stuttering about things when I'm really, really worried or scared. Somehow, telling my dad to make sure that the doctors and nurses didn't give him the wrong meds... well, that made him super-angry.

On the drive home, I somehow mentioned the fact that I didn't want to stay up during the day because I didn't want to make anyone angry. Somehow, this made my mom think that I was saying that I was up all night because I didn't want to talk to anyone or even be around anyone. That led to my mom asking me 'what the hell I was doing all night'. I told her the truth, that I watched a lot of Pewdiepie videos, Cryaotic videos, watched a bit of Netflix on my computer, and listened to music while playing video games... That made her angry, because, like with almost every other conversation before, I stuttered.

I also happened to have my youtube history looked at by my mom, and she noticed that I was watching Cry play "Corpse Party". When she asked me 'why?' I ended up telling her the truth without most of the stuttering. What I said was this

"I find some parts of it funny, but I also just like being scared."

This ended up with my mom asking me to show her the funny part of the videos. I hadn't finished the videos, and likely never will now, but it was, for those of you who have seen the videos, the 'butt cream request'. Then, somehow, I managed to accidentally click on another video of the same series, and I somehow showed my mom a 2D character being splattered on a wall. I sort of freaked out myself after that, but... well, read below.

I have to have therapy after that, because my mom thinks I have 'sociopathic tendancies'. No one would explain to me what that actually means, though... They seemed to think that I already knew. And somewhere during the therapy, I mentioned My Little Pony as a show I liked to watch a lot.... well, it ended very, very badly. For some reason, the last girl/woman/whatever that came in had said that same thing, and she was a *****, in their words. I don't even know what THAT is either.

Either way, I'm now 'written up' as being a 'sociopath' and a '*****'... This 'therapy' lasted less than an hour. No one would explain to me what either of those two terms were. As I type this, I just googled Sociopath. I am not 'completely devoid of emotion', am I?

Sorry for ranting... I just... I just needed to. If anyone wants to talk to me about this, and tell me if I am a sociopath or not, can you please talk to me...?

I'm really, really sorry about this.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 pm
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/***** apparently the creator of that pony series made it a family story, not a little-girl story

If they're basing you off of someone else entirely, they're full of bullshit

You're just a normal kid with quirks
I prefer being awake at night over day, am I a sociopath? No, I'm a night owl
Geez, society is whacked -.-"  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:00 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/***** apparently the creator of that pony series made it a family story, not a little-girl story

Thank you sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:01 pm
Akoti
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Thank you sweatdrop
welcome cat_3nodding  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am
How old are?

And you seem pretty normal to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:54 pm
Independent research is recommended. When ever someone diagnoses you as anything, or prescribes anything, or recomends any kind of treatment. Always look up what they are saying to make sure you understand what is is, and what they are recomending. Always compare sources as well because different people will have different experiences and thus may reach different conclusions.

I question the validity of this therapy session because coming up with a diagnosis after just one visit is extremly unlikly due to many compounding conditions. Its only after several sessions that a therapist can really build a base and understand more about whats really going on (Like to rule out "acting out" or "stress reactions" or "situational context" etc.).

Since you are 17 (I assume still), its still a hard age to really know your base. I would recomend getting in touch with your school counsilor (assuming you are still at a highschool maybe?) And talking to them more about it, maybe telling them about the session you have and you would like to talk more to someone about it to getting a better understanding. Then they could probally set you up with someone who can probally see you for free, and establish a more real base.

If they do set you up with someone remember just to speak natural and honest, remember even though it may seem you are going to them to be judged, thats not really the case. They are there to help you better understand yourself and look after yourself.

Im not saying you need help, Im saying a better more balanced diagnosis would be better.

THIS MAY BECOME A TLDR...SORRY IF THATS THE CASE.

But in my unprofessional opinion, without knowing you well (So really this could be way wrong, and take with a grain of salt).

But you seem like a typical teen who is finding ways to cope with thier surroundings and conditions. "Escapism" is basically turning to alternative things to find a way to be able to take a step away from the pressures of life. This is VERY common for teens and adults as well.

We as a society have also become very accustom to gore and violence and dont see it in the same way as generations above us, as we become numb to the over exposure. But this often stems from curiousity and dosent mean we want to commit acts of such, or be linked to them in any way.

There are at least 2 bronies in this guild. One hasnt been posting a whole lot recently, and the other is me. We are both males over 25(by a few years...). You can look at my OC profile and art in the art forum here for proof. I also have many years of experience working with kids. Which by the defintion based on asumptions and misunderstandings would put me in a scary classification. But I definitly have no sexual desire towards children. To me watching a cartoon show, and enjoying something that someone else likes does not mean that you instantly like that person.

The issue of MLP and ***** is more of a social misunderstanding.

One it assumes that the current MLP is like all previous generations. Which this one clearly isnt. But closed minded people arent willing to see how it is comparable to more adult shows in many ways with plot/character development and several geeky/adult jokes (much like early spongebob).

Two it assumes that when a person likes a thing children like, then they must like children. Basically it then stems to say either anyone who likes other childish things (which realistically is any form of imaginative stuff, or escape from adult structured life like video games, adventure parks, fiction books etc must also like kids) because even adult fantasy is still only really a childish escape from reality when you break it down. But basically there is no logic in assuming If A likes C, and B likes C, that A likes B. Its a pretty clear logic flaw.

Three, it seems to miss the point that the characters on the shows are mostly adult or in a similar age category (Aka have jobs, and are out of the education system). As such if a person watches they show has a sexual attraction towards a character that its more with a adult character...who isnt a human but a animal....Meaning even for the small class of people who do have a sexual link to MLP (lets not go into that), that it would be more about a attraction to animals, or cartoons in general (like say hentai in a way).

There are many other things that people who think MLP adults = ***** are assuming as well. But its all because they choose not to understand anything, but make close minded asumptions.

Which in that case you really dont need to be judged by people who havent even tried to understand you. Which is basically the take away message of the first point. If you are going to be diagnosed with anything you need someone who will get to know you, and why you feel like you do, and do the things you do. Because NO ONE can understand this in a hour, because there is always more to feelings, and actions than generic assumptions. Also getting a person in the field you can talk to can actually help you understand why you feel like you do and act like you do. And if they do it right, they wont tell you, but they will help ask you the right questions so you can actually understand why you feel like you do, and how you got to where you are.

If I was to be defined as anything I guess I have more schizoid tendancys. But not really Im just more of a indifferent introvert, who excels in social jobs (which is kind of a contradiction in itself).

Anyway all in all, dont take a short assesment as anything serious. Do your research, and compare and contrast from different sources when you do research things. If you are getting diagnosed, look to be diagnosed across multiple sessions with someone you can feel safe around, as these will be the more realistic and relevant results.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers