Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:43 am
Luke remained passive for the duration of the transition from the forest path to Sandalwood's hospital, silently going wherever he was led and avoiding direct interaction with others as much as possible. It didn't take long for the emergency room's nurses to understand that asking him for any details would be to no result, leaving them to hope that Rosie could answer at least the basics of what they wanted to know in regards to any allergies or current medications.

Luke allowed the wounds on his arm to be treated without complaint - or rather without any reaction at all, his still pale complexion the only given external indication of any physiological unrest. Given the circumstances, however, it seemed a safe assumption that the overwhelming majority of the cause for his disposition was owed to psychological shock over physical pain or discomfort.

For his part, Luke felt as though he were sinking into a mire, already submerged up to his shoulders in an inescapable pool of muck, a thick fog obscuring all but the simplest understanding of what was transpiring around him. As he only half listened to the doctor as he said something generic about going home and getting some rest, Luke bowed his head and raised a hand to cover his forehead, abruptly overcome by everything - pain, grief, anger, denial, misery, heartache, hatred, hatred, hatred. Crushed under the weight of it, unable to reconcile with the feelings, his consciousness surrendered.

Subjectively, the hour's blackout felt similar in length to the span of a blink, though the eyes that opened were substantially groggier than when they had closed. One arm bandaged in soft gauze, the other connected by IV to a saline drip, he looked dizzily around the unfamiliar room for something recognizable.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:35 am
As Luke started to wake, and look around, a soft jingle from his side joined the steady beeping of the heart monitor, and large amber eyes turned toward the red head form.
Northern hesitated for a couple of seconds, staring with searching eyes and a soft frown on her lips.
Something was weird...

The small Legendary reached a hand up to tug at the shirt of the girl who's sap she was sitting on.
"He's awake..."

This room wasn't like the rooms he got for recovery back in Camphoreon, since the event of Luke blacking out was for the most part unexpected, he was rushed to a room to get hooked up and make sure he was stable.
Rosie was told it was probably due to stress, and shock after the emotional trauma he went through. Rosie had no doubt of it, and she was allowed to stay in the room with him, given a seat from the hall that she did her best to be comfortable on.

She was lost in thought, about what had just happened, and reliving times with Mieu before this horrible tragedy... the first time she laid eyes on the sweet Flareon, right before she met Luke. All the times he would cheer Luke up, the times Rosie would brush him and talk to him...

The Jirachi snapped her out of her thoughts, she didn't need the Legendary to say anything before her eyes snapped up instantly to Luke, finding that he was awake and looking around.
Relief filled her chest, that had taken a lot less time then she was anticipating.
"Luke-" she said gently to get his attention, leaning forward as she slid herself to the end of her seat, reaching out to take his hand.
"Your awake- Thank goodness" she breathed. That could have been a whole lot worse from what the doctors told her.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:43 am
His attention went to the source of the voice, still half asleep as his eyes moved from her face to the little creature with her to the hand that took hold of his and back to the girl's relieved expression. A growing sense of confusion began to appear in his features.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 am
Northern squirmed her way out of Rosie's lap, able to take to the air easier, she hung by the blond who blinked at the expression on Luke's face.
Rosie lingered in silence for a couple of seconds, but when she got no reply from Luke, and only that confused look Rosie tried again. "... Is... is something wrong?"
Maybe this was normal, he hadn't been talking even before they got to the hospital.

Northern continued to stare at Luke, probing a little deeper into what he was feeling.
"Thats not... the same." She said after a short time "Its not the same as before."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:56 am
This was very strange to him; he didn't know how to answer the relief and concern. "I don't..." The words trailed off in hesitation, and he pulled his hand slightly away, uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:05 am
Rosie withdrew her hand as he moved him away, looking from him to the Jirachi was seemed to be growing more and more agitated.
"Not the same? What do you mean?"

"I mean its not the same." She repeated as if it was really the only answer she could give.
She floated a little closer to Luke, hovering over him so that her glassy ribbons fell out over his torso.
She placed her hands over her eyes and for a moment hung in silence.
Confusion upon confusion, more then she felt from someone even right after they woke up. or that moment as you just wake up that fades away as the world starts coming into view... it was like he was stuck. But beyond that. she felt nothing of the warmth that familiarity brought, not even the distant or understanding from memory the consciousness always flash through upon looking ones surroundings.
"He stopped waking up, Its like he's still sleeping."

Rosie was starting to grow more and more concerned, looking from the Jirachi who's answers were still somewhat cryptic to anyone but her.
She looked back at Luke, her brow furrowing "Whats she talking about? Luke, whats wrong?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:12 am
He didn't like the feeling of vulnerability that came from laying as he was, and so he leaned on his unwrapped left arm to push himself more upright, looking mildly offended as he responded, "How should I know? What are you talking about?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 am
As Luke Moved to sit up, Northern drifted away, back to the other side of the bed where she continued to look a little distant in her own mind, as she kept feeling what Luke was giving off.

Rosie sat where she was, a little speechless at his comment, unsure of how to answer it at first.
She watched him try and sit up, standing and reaching out to try and help him.
"You blacked out, you've been unconscious for an hour, but the doctors were predicting longer."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 am
Though he gradually shed his tired haze and gained more of an awareness, an understanding of his situation did not develop as he expected it would. His existing confusion was accentuated by a mild panic. "I don't know what you're talking about," he said, leaning further away. "I don't know. I don't know anything about it."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:29 pm
Again he leaned away; she blinked and withdrew herself once more with a surprise.
Moving her hands to hold them up as he was starting to show signs of panic “o okay, no it’s okay.”
She said, trying to head off a worse reaction… so what? She wasn’t sure. Maybe he was just delirious after everything that’s happened.
“It’s alright- just… The doctors said that it might have been from the shock, or stress, one second you were sitting up, and then the next you just fell over.”
She wasn’t sure what else to say, it made sense that he didn’t know what was going on he had passed out after all.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:36 pm
Nothing she said sounded familar; sure, he had apparently passed out, but this went beyond that. It wasn't just passing out - it was everything. "Why do you know?" he said abruptly, almost accusatorily. "Why do you know about me? Why doesn't anything you say make sense?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:27 pm
Rosie was left standing there with complete speechlessness. At first she didn't understand what he was saying, what he meant by that, but the more she replayed his words in her head the more she realized that no... what he was saying didn't make any sense. the way he was talking to her, the way he was looking at her, she had never seen that look before, and slowly a hand of fear started to clench at her chest.

"Rosie- He doesn't know you." Northern said abruptly.

Rosie looked to the Legendary sharply, staring at the small white creature for a couple of seconds. "W-what are you talking about, of... of course he knows me." She looked back to Luke, more concern pressing into her eyebrows. "w why wouldn't I know you. Luke- its me, I was here the whole time, thought out all of that- I..."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:42 pm
He also looked to the Jirachi, startled that it vocalized the feeling on his behalf - though he supposed it was possible that it was just a lucky guess. He really didn't want to think about the possibility of mind reading now, on top of all the other thoughts that were gradually spiraling into a headache, so he dismissed it, shaking his head and looking to his hands. "I don't know you," he confirmed. "I don't know you. I don't know why I'm here. I don't know what's going on." Panic shook his voice and tensed his shoulders as he tried to little avail to bite back his growing fear.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:17 pm
His words were like a knife right to Rosie's chest, her mouth fell open as if to say something but all she could do was sit there in numb shock at what Luke was saying.
She felt the overwhelming urge to cry the more Luke spoke, but the more he spoke the more she noticed that he was getting more and more worked up.
The last thing he needed right now was to go into a panic attack, not after what happened, forcing down her own fears she held her hands up again, sitting back down.

"O okay, okay- its okay, calm down- calm down we'll figure all of this out, aright?" She said, her voice a little shaky, but trying to make it as reassuring as she could.
"I'm not sure whats going on either, but just,- take a breath... it'll be... okay. I promise."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:30 pm
He moved his arms into his lap and held his hands at his shoulder, bowing his head at shuddering shoulders, fear and worry contorting his features. The reassurances of a stranger had little effect on the vast, profound emptiness that he felt inside himself. His throat was dry, he felt a little cold, his arm ached, there was a needle stuck in the back of his hand, the bed wasn't soft, the room smelled funny... beyond this, he could think of nothing that he knew, and it was desperately terrifying.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff