Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Need ideas!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 pm
So I found out today I'm pregnant. biggrin And don't worry, I'm going to turn thirty this year, so it's not like I'm still in high school or something, lol. but I'm looking for ideas for things to make for the baby. I want to make a diaper bag or two, and my bestie gave me an idea for a baby shower thing to have people paint onesies to give me (I've also seen people do this with quilt squares), but I was wondering, what else should I make? I have baby blankets half done that I should finish that are knit or crocheted, and have basic sewing skills (as long as someone can help me, I can sew, but I need someone to guide me along). Aside from knitting, crochet, and basic sewing, I'm not sure what else I could make in anticipation of a little one. So anyone have any ideas for projects?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:21 am
entervixen
So I found out today I'm pregnant. So anyone have any ideas for projects?
Congratulations!

I did a cross stitch sampler, with our family tree for my first (names & birth dates) - finished with my son's name/date after he was born, of course!

I've also seen plastic canvas needlepoint mobiles to hang over cribs.
There's latch hook rug kits that are really cute, and I saw a kit for a latch hook teddy bear that was adorable!

There's lots of fun stuff you could do!!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:27 am
Emm-Kaye
entervixen
So I found out today I'm pregnant. So anyone have any ideas for projects?
Congratulations!

I did a cross stitch sampler, with our family tree for my first (names & birth dates) - finished with my son's name/date after he was born, of course!

I've also seen plastic canvas needlepoint mobiles to hang over cribs.
There's latch hook rug kits that are really cute, and I saw a kit for a latch hook teddy bear that was adorable!

There's lots of fun stuff you could do!!

Thanks! I didn't even think of those crafts. That could be a lot of fun. smile I especially like the idea of a family tree thing.

Edit: The more I think about your suggestions the more I like them all. biggrin I liked them all to begin with, but oh the fun I could have with all of those... whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:04 pm
entervixen
Thanks! I didn't even think of those crafts. That could be a lot of fun. smile I especially like the idea of a family tree thing.

Edit: The more I think about your suggestions the more I like them all. biggrin I liked them all to begin with, but oh the fun I could have with all of those... whee
Thank you. heart
I found the family tree idea in a cross stitch magazine I was subscribed to a couple hundred years ago, and modified it to work for me.

Seriously, if I didn't think the cats would eat it, I would have bought the teddy bear kit - I used to sew Teddy bears from a pattern (fake fur, with jointed arms & legs, and doll eyes), and this was a really cute kit (and seemed to be a bit less difficult).

Have fun with whatever you choose!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Wynter Sparrow

Melodious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 am
Congratulations! That is wonderful news! biggrin

How about items such as personalised baby grows, hand made fabric bibs, crochet/knitted hats and booties and a keepsake box. I came across this site and thought they had some nice ideas: http://www.allfreesewing.com/Sewing-for-Baby/17-Free-Baby-Sewing-Patterns-Youll-Adore/ml/1

Have fun making all those lovely items for your little one. If possible please post some photos, I would love to see your creations! 3nodding  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games