Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:41 pm
Luke didn't plan to leave the hotel when he took his leave from the room - he didn't have any confidence that he'd be able to find his way back if he did. It was enough just to have some space to breathe for a while, some room to be able to think and feel however he naturally wanted to without feelings of guilt that maybe those thoughts would be disappointing to someone. His wandering led him to the hotel's lobby, which felt somewhat like a dead end. Rather than head back to the room, he gravitated towards a collection of chairs in one corner of the atrium, lifting a map of the region that had been left behind by an earlier visitor. He unfolded it idly, paying little real attention to the contents.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:06 pm
It had been a long and glorious day; just him, the car, and a road that first stretched out straight ahead and then entered the twists and turns of the forest. All good days had to end however and when he spotted a decent looking hotel towards the end of the afternoon he decided to stop where he was, he didn't know the area well and for all he knew there wasn't another place for miles.

With the car parked he grabbed his overnight bag from the trunk and headed into the lobby, but not before checking his reflection in the wing mirror of course. His creamy linen suit trousers and vest were a little creased but that couldn't really be helped and could soon be fixed in the hotel room. It was this that mainly occupied his mind as he sauntered inside and up to the front desk, removing his shades and smiling at the girl who stood behind it. "Got a single room for tonight?" he asked, in tones that hinted he wouldn't mind some company in it.

There was a room as it turned out but it was still being cleaned, would sir mind waiting over there?

Humm, no, sir would not mind. Sir was... intrigued. There was something very familiar about the young man occupying one of the chairs and he had no idea at all at the moment what it was.

Leaving his bag to be taken up once the room was ready KO crossed the lobby to the collection of chairs. "Looking for something?" he asked, a small smile playing on his lips and his head canted slightly to one side. Humm, yes, cute. A bit young but cute and... familiar. Hu.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:17 pm
There was a voice, nearer by than he would have expected and apparently addressing him, and he turned, faintly startled, to face the source. The speaker wasn't familiar at all, but, well, that was pretty much to be expected. "Not especially, no." Green eyes fell back to the creased page and searched for inspiration for something more intelligent to say. "I'm just... not familiar with the area." There, that wasn't untrue.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:29 pm
What was it about that boy? Ugh, last time he'd spent forever trying to work out why he recognised somebody she'd turned out to be some two-bit model who was always decked out in sugar-sweet angel-pure styles that made him want to gag - he really hoped it wasn't that again.

Despite the scornful thoughts running through his mind KO kept smiling as he moved a little closer and lent over to look at the map. "Can't say I am either," he admitted in casually silken tones. "I've spent a lot of time recently exploring places I don't know though; perhaps I can help you find... whatever it is you're not looking for."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:40 pm
He inclined his head slightly to regard his company, faintly confused. This person didn't seem to act like he knew him, and though he was grateful for that much, he still wasn't sure he understood the meaning of the reply. "Like what?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm
KO shrugged, leaning one hand on the back of the chair. "You tell me, you're the one holding a map. People who're holding maps tend to be looking for something... unless you're a cartography enthusiast?" Doubtful, he couldn't imagine somebody into something as dull as cartography dressing like his impromptu companion did....

Wait.

Wait!

Dressing- a smart outfit for a smart occasion, New Year's celebrations on the boat. Luke, that was his name, and he looked like that sour-faced Agent that had kicked the bucket a while back. Humm, but Luke showed no sign of recognising him at all. Perhaps he just hadn't recalled him from amongst the sea of well wishers he'd had that night, and to be fair at first KO hadn't been able to work out where he knew him from.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:09 pm
"O-Oh, I was just--" He folded the map, shaking his head. "I was just passing the time. I'm not really planning on going anywhere, I guess." He supposed that was probably what a map would imply, wouldn't it? What he was looking for couldn't be found so easily, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:24 pm
"Fair enough." KO shrugged and sank down into a chair beside Luke's, lounging back in it languidly like some kind of self-satisfied, self-assured feline. "Waiting on something then? Expecting company? Business, or pleasure?" he continued because he didn't have anything better to do than make conversation until his room was ready and anyway, he was a bit curious about what this trainer - sworn enemy of dear Team Rocket - was up to. The young man looked almost... lost.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 pm
He was quiet for a while, brow furrowed in contemplation, and when he spoke it was somewhat halting. "My, um... friends, I guess, are upstairs - we're just spending the day here, I think - but I kind of... have amnesia, and I don't really know how to act around them, so I came down here for a while."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:01 pm
KO's eyes widened a little. "Woah." That was... different. It certainly explained the lost look. "Well I have to admit, I don't have a clever line to cover that one," he continued with a wry smile that might have been a bit sympathetic too; he certainly meant it to be, though not out of any sentiment. "I can understand you needing space though... can I ask what happened?" Well, he just had, but it sounded a bit more polite to ask if you could ask even as you asked. Whatever. He didn't really expect to get an answer but if he could find out it might be useful information to keep hold of, as might this information in general. They might be small players but he gathered from his good friend Dima that this little gang was an annoying thorn in Team Rocket's side, they'd helped to capture that elite hadn't they?  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:12 pm
"I don't really know," he replied with a faint, awkward laugh. "I don't remember. I was told that I was attacked, and something about a friend dying... The doctors seemed pretty sure it was caused by 'psychological trauma,' and I guess the story sounds pretty traumatic, but I don't... feel traumatized." He supposed he probably wouldn't, with his memory in the state he was in. He could listen to a story and think it sounded like a horrible thing to go through, but it evoked more sympathy than anything distinctly personal.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 pm
"Humm." One of them dead? Well that was a plus. "I'm sorry to hear that... I know that sounds a little weak, but what else can I say?" KO shrugged, and then sat up straighter abruptly as though he'd had an idea. He had indeed. "Can I buy you a drink? I expect they have a bar around here somewhere." He wasn't sure if Luke was actually of age or not but he would struggle to care less about that; a drink sounded perfect to him, and it was a suitable sympathetic gesture for a stranger to make too. You've lost your memories and have a dead friend, gin and tonic on me! Well, he'd never said it was a perfect gesture.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:38 pm
A shrug in return, "That's about how felt about it too." Now the consequences, those were of concern to him. He didn't feel like he should be in any hurry to remember events that had traumatized him so severely that he had forgotten his entire identity, but not knowing his identity was quickly becoming very, very uncomfortable. He waved a hand just slightly in a dismissive gesture, "Oh, no thank you, I appreciate it, but..." But? He had an impression that it just wasn't a very good idea, though it also simply seemed more courteous to decline.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm
KO arched a well-shaped eyebrow expertly. "But?..." he echoed, letting the ellipsis hang. Much as he loved to talk he knew that silence could be valuable too, people sometimes gave you an awful lot if you just gave them the room to decide it was a good idea... or just get so awkward that they agreed to make you stop looking at them like that.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:57 pm
"I-I dunno," he replied, raising the hand of his uninjured arm to the back of his neck. "I mean, you know, I'm just some random stranger... I appreciate the gesture, but you don't have to do me any favors."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff