Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 pm
Soaking wet, soaking wet and COLD, soaking wet, cold, with both pokemon fainted in their pokeballs and in the company of someone who's very presence just furthered to piss off the already ill tempered Kyle.

"You just wanted to say 'Hi!' JUST say hi! Oh yeah! GREAT Idea! just walk right up to the legendary that we want to capture and exploit and make friends with it, Because that ALWAYS WORKS OUT!"

The snow had long since melted from both of the men as they had hurried their way back to the the small base that they were stationed in Ambergris, though the result was far from desirable, as they would by now be dripping wet. if the soggy appearance of the two withing the halls of the base wasn't enough to catch attention, then the yelling from the smaller of the two men certainly might.
Though tall, he wasn't nearly as wide as the other grunt named Lu, his light brown hair now tinted a darker color from the moisture and plastered to his wet forehead.

"I swear to Arceus there is a special kind of stupid reserved for people just like you!"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 pm
The sniffling had started because of the cold snow. Yeah, it'd started that way, but now Lu was sniffling as he tried to not cry. He didn't want to start blubbering in front of Kyle- he was already mad, that'd definitely make it worse!

"I-I said I was sorry, I didn't mean for... it j-just happened! It worked on the Leafeon!" Lu said, reaching up and wiping at his eyes. Maybe walking up to a legendary pokemon and saying a casually 'hello' hadn't been the best idea Lu had ever had. In fact, it could very well be one of the worst ideas he had; on the up side, he wasn't dead. On the down side, Kyle was a lot more mean than Lu had initially thought and being dead might be a good way to escape getting yelled at.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it mad! D-do you want me to get you a towel? You look wet- I mean w-we're both wet, um, u-uh-" Lu blabbered, wanting to run off in a panic. Would Team Rocket put him in... Team Rocket jail for this? He sure hoped not...  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:57 pm
"I'm sorry I almost got you killed! Even though you told me not to go near it! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" Kyle mocked in a voice that he didn't carry if it carried.
"Is that what you GOT out of your basic training? How to get you and everyone else around you KILLED!?" He continued storming down the hall, glancing around every now and then to make sure that he knew where he was going before rounding on Lu.

"GET ME KILLED! God do they actually plan on letting you go on missions to? I might have a better chance of surviving by jumping off a cliff!" the scars on his cheekbones were burning red in his anger arm tossing our beside him for emphasis.
"And YES, go get me a towel!" He concluded, then turned and continued to storm down the hall, looking for the communications room.
Lu wasn't the only one that he had a bone to pick with.

Thankfully he had not been far off from it, nor did he hesitate to storm right in "Who was manning the cons for the last half hour!?" He burst at anyone inside.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:57 pm
Zacharie rounded the corner with an armful of old, dusty rags that he had used to clean one of the back storage rooms, a scowl on his face that spoke of the unwanted cleaning he had just done. Just behind him, Jabari was snickering as he trailed after his trainer. "Shuppet Shup-pet." The teen rolled his eyes but a smile tugged at his lips, "Shut up Jabari." He muttered before shouting caught his attention. Kyle and Lu...not a pair that he had particularly pictured interacting...at all, but who was he to judge who talked to who when his best friend looked like the kind of person who would beat up people like him?

Though from the way Kyle was shouting it didn't appear that they were actually on good terms. Actually, it rather sounded like Kyle being...well Kyle, and that meant he was acting like an idiot. "...Hello Lu." He greeted quietly as he approached the taller male, his gaze warily resting on the smaller brunette. He startled slightly at the volume with which Kyle used to address his friend but otherwise didn't really react. Lu though...looked like he was about to have an emotional outburst and heaven forbid he start crying. "You look unwell." He said for lack of anything else to say.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 pm
When Kyle stormed into the communications room, he would find the remnants of what had obviously been a mildly chaotic scene. Now, though, it was just tense and unhappy. Two grunts sat to either side - who jumped when Kyle burst in, their eyes wide, though didn't speak - while a third bent over the equipment, grumbling the whole time as he worked on it. A nearby trashcan full of damp, brown paper towels as well as an empty coffee cup hinted at what had transpired earlier.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 pm
Lu would rather get punched than get yelled at. The tall brunette was sure he deserved it too, he'd been an idiot! A part of him had thought, hey, sure, I can befriend this pokemon! It'll appreciate a nice, non-aggressive approach! WRONG! So wrong!

Lu bit his lip and stared down at his feet, wincing at Kyle's yelling and slowly crumpling in on himself. He should have gotten turned into a Lu-pop..! And then when Zacharie popped up from around the corner, Lu stared at him with a very watery eyed look.

...Unwell?

"I said hi to an A-Articuno and it tried to kill us!" Lu cried immediately, covering his eyes and fully bursting into tears. "I didn't mean to and n-now it's angry and he's angry and I need to find t-t-towels!"  

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:24 pm
Kyle stood in the doorway for a couple of seconds, glaring at the grunts within, though in a moment his eyes moved over the console they were working on, and the basket sitting close to them
"You have got to me kidding me!" Kyle demanded into the room, in seconds flat the Grunt had crossed into the room and reached out to grab the closest of the grunts to yank him to his feet.
"You clumsy sons of bitches not only nearly got me killed but let a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY to make a LOT of money get away, becasue you decided to be careless about DRINKS BY THE CONSOLE!"

Kyle made motion as if to shake the guy harshly once if he got a full grip on him
"ARE YOU ACTUALLY KIDDING ME!?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 pm
The closest grunt to Kyle happened to be one of the seated grunts, whose eyes widened even further as he was unceremoniously yanked to his feet with a dignified, manly "waah!" He could barely pay attention to what the angry man was yelling about, mostly because he was too busy being shaken. Amidst the uncomfortable situation, he managed to point (or rather, almost flail, due to Kyle's efforts) at the other seated grunt, who nearly jumped when he found the finger pointed at him. Slowly, his eyes wide, the other grunt started backing up with his rolling chair.

The grunt standing over the console didn't move nor comment, though he didn't appreciate the yelling, and showed his displeasure in a small frown as he worked.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm
Ah yes...he had been correct about the impending tears. God dammit why didn't he just continue on his way as if he didn't notice? That would have been horrible of him though and Lu was his friend and friends offered comfort to friends in need....having friends was difficult.

"...No, I can't imagine saying hello to an Articuno going over too well." He said slowly as he shifted the rags in his arms so he could tug a pack of tissues from his bag. Jabari cackled behind him as he hovered above the two grunts. Once freed from the black abyss that was his bag, he held the plastic wrapped tissues over to Lu. "It wasn't a very good idea," He muttered before sighing softly, "But you didn't mean any harm by it, I'm sure." As if Lu had an ill-meaning bone in his large body. The idea was laughable. "It's not particularly useful to 'beat yourself up over it' as the saying goes. What's done is done and the important thing is that you didn't die and Kyle is obviously fine if he has enough energy to yell." He shot the ex-Flare member a heated glare for making Lu cry. "...And now you know not to approach wild pokemon that are known to be hostile." He said it lightly in hopes of cheering the other up.

If the other needed towels...

"If Kyle requires a towel he is welcome to use one of these." He said, plucking one from the bottom of the pile and holding it out to Lu. It didn't look dirty...and Kyle deserved to use a dirty, old, rag for being such a t**t.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 pm
As the grunt cowering in Kyle's grip motioned to the other sitting grunt, Kyle's head jerked around, hands tensing onto the other Grunt as he held onto him for a couple of seconds more.

The hardened expression, flushed slightly in his anger, while gleaming yellows eyes narrowed in contempt moved to the other sitting Rocket.
The one in his hands was released, and pushed away to freedom, while Kyle turned to fully face the other Rocket, squaring his shoulders and pulling his chest up to make himself seem bigger before he advanced on the Grunt.
"I was face- to face, with a full blown, genuine Aricuno, I had it in my sights when I called for back up, and guess what? No reply, I had to try and convince the idiot I was with not to go toward it, becasue base wasn't answering. He didn't listen.
BASE DIDN'T ANSWER! AND WE NEARLY GOT FROZEN INTO BLOCKS! BECAUSE BASE DIDN'T ANSWER!" a hand shot out to grab the Grunt, "I was nearly frozen! And eaten! And then- it escaped! Because some idiot at the comms can't do his god damn job!"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Venti Mico

Ruthless Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm
The Shuppet would have frightened Lu a lot more if he hadn't been much more upset over getting yelled at. Besides, Jabari wasn't doing much more than floating around and Zacharie was giving him tissues. Lu sniffed hard as he opened up the tissues, dabbing at his eyes while Zacharie spoke.

"I-I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to... I thought it would... I don't know," Lu paused to blow his nose, crumpling up the tissue after. His lip still quivered, but the water works had mostly stopped. He gave a small snort of a laugh, "I didn't know Articunos were hostile, it was...blue." Lu nodded gratefully and took the rag from Zacharie, giving him an appreciative smile. "Thanks, Zacharie. You're a good friend... K-Kyle's still really mad." Lu said with a long sniff, hesitant to hand over the rag. He didn't want to get in the way of Kyle's harassment of the other grunts(sure, they probably deserved getting yelled at, but everyone made mistakes..?), but maybe drying off his head would calm him down.

"Kyle, u-um... towel?" Lu said quietly, warily popping his head into the room and holding out the rag. He didn't dare look the shorter brunette in the face.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:57 pm
The freed grunt stumbled to regain his footing, failed, and toppled backwards onto the floor. His coworker froze, eyes wide, like a deer in headlights as Kyle advanced. He regained his brain function enough to make a last-ditch effort at escape - still by rolling backwards, though this time at a quicker pace - but his efforts were cut short as the angry grunt successfully grabbed him. Unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - words failed him, and he remained entirely speechless while Kyle yelled away at him.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:58 pm
There was the sound a throat being cleared from the doorway, followed by a voice antithetical to Kyle's, "'Scuse me, indoor voices, please." The scruffy-looking man, clothed in plain jeans and a plainer t-shirt, edged his way into the room to avoid bumping anyone. He extended a hand to the Rocket working on the console, "Hustled up a couple of the capacitors you were looking for. See if these work, eh?"

That done, he turned to Shouty and Weepy, folding his arms casually, "Yeah, you don't wanna get in a legendary's face. One minute you're staring down an incarnation of nature, the next it's suddenly the 80s again and you've just invented the color magenta." The light smirk he wore on his lips suggested that he wasn't going to explain anything about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 pm
Well...he certainly hadn't expected for Lu to say that.

The purple haired grunt opened his mouth to tell the other to not give the rag to Kyle...but it was too late. Lu was already offering it to the angry man in the communication room. Zacharie briefly contemplated making a run for it...but no! He couldn't just get Lu in trouble and then ditch him, he wasn't that horrible of a person. "...The towel is dusty." He muttered, loud enough for Lu to hear him but not loud enough for Kyle to hear. While he didn't want Lu to get yelled at anymore...he did want Kyle to eat a mouthful of dust. And that desire was far more prevalent. "You might wish to take a few steps back if he uses it." Above him, Jabari began to cackle loudly in a way that reminded him uncomfortably of Bro as he drifted closer to watch the scene unfold.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 pm
It was probably the best thing the grunt could have done at the moment Kyle had grabbed him. And for a few seconds Kyle just stared the grunt down at he had nothing to say, his hair and clothes dripping on him.

Lu went ignored for the time being, but the sound of another voice grew Kyle's glance up, will the full expectation of telling that individual to stick it where the sun don't shine.
But it was probably much better that Kyle recognized who this individual was, even if he wasn't in Uniform.

Kyle straightened up, dragging the Grunt from the chair to his feet as well.
"Elite Lucas."
He glanced at Lu as the Elite gave his advice, narrowing his eyes lightly as an 'I told you so.'  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff