Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Runic Age1x1 (With Bro)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 pm
Story

It happened long ago, about four hundred years. Those of the world heard the large explosion, the awakening, and became covered in a dark cloud. What had happened that day? Humanity fell and the fall of civilization came. Chaos, anarchy, the world simply keeled over.

What awoken were ancient runes that went dormant long ago, their magic came back to life and spread it's influence across the world. Many humans died and were unable to bear that the runes could offer, the very few that could bare it lost their minds and their physical forms morphed. There were the rare few that could withstand the influence of the runes in every aspect. Those that weren't affected by the runes weren't human, long hidden in the world that was ruled by them, they now came out.

It's been centuries since that fateful day. Those that weren't human have banned together in small camps to combat the mutant sort of runic creatures that have evolved over time, and those that intend harm upon them or their world. Besides petty monsters of all sorts, there is a greater threat that has risen up from the pile of runes. Clever, they call him the Rune King, a twisted creature who has risen an Empire for those like him. His intentions are to wipe out the rest and create a perfect race. His army grows and so does he, it all seems impossible to fight, but with every story there is a hope and a chance.

For one rebellion camp things shall change, something they will not have seen in the longest time will come forth. A human girl. Humans haven't been around for hundreds of years, how did this one survive intact, is she really even human?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:40 pm
User Image

Name: June
Race: Human
Personality: Seemingly quiet with an intense focus in her gaze, almost disturbing, often calm and collected. She has her random bursts of passion once in awhile, though in a strangely un-passionate manner.
Username: CaptainXXMorgan

User Image

Name: Aster Yewin
Race: Vampire
Personality: Headstrong type, fairly prideful and doesn't back down easily. Usually needs a right shoulder to talk some sense into her when angered, otherwise she is capable of better judgement. Independent and usually takes the lead if others won't, rarely thinks twice when it comes to using others and whatever advantage she can obtain.
Username: CaptainXXMorgan

User Image
Name: Lin-san (Prefers Lin) Wolfguard
Race: Wolfsbane
Personality: He's still a young lad with a great future ahead of him. But Lin is a keep to himself type of guy, doesn't like to talk or interact with people he's not too familiar with. He's the type which you prefer as a shadow or a nobody.
Username: AsianBro87  

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm
Aster was not far from the base camp, a place that was hidden among the forest though many of the trees near by had been cut down to gain vision of what may lurk beyond the trees and attempt to ambush. The base was on top of a mountain, difficult terrain to gain access to, but the security made it worthwhile. Hunting could be done if one was capable along the mountain terrain, many did hunt and gather, as farming was more difficult, but not impossible.

The hidden camp had many sort of creatures that had gathered together to fight in this world that was against their existence. Aster being one of them, a vampire. Their species, among many other, had their differences in the past. For a more common enemy, most of those strifes had been put aside for the survival though there have been minuscule cases of individuals and their racism or past bloodlines clashing. Aster had been part of it before, and still had her own issues, but along the way she ended up traveling here and working for the better of their home. She became a leader in some sense, one of the many, it was her choice to work with those that truly established the camp though most of her work was as a fierce soldier.

This night though she would of normally gone on patrol, but she was near the infirmary tent where she had brought a present to her and many other residents. Word wasn't out, among the public yet, but to her superiors and comrades in arms when they saw what she had brought back. A human girl, a strange sort, but not many can remember what humans were like back in the day. Not many, even the immortals, could live past 120 years without some force of suicide, natural cause, or murder to happen. It was too difficult for most to survive alone, and those that were isolated and still alive are out there still hidden. Those were just speculations, even Aster wondered though she couldn't afford to search by herself. She was walking towards the entry gates were many stood guard, looking out into the distance. She was more curious about the unconscious human, her mind a little astray.

She wasn't too far gone to catch the movements of two individuals, on look out duty and bored, both of them seemed entranced in a game of rock paper scissors. Aster walked over towards the two "I know things can seem dull, but moments like these will get you killed. Either by my hands for your useless eyes, or by the monsters you're supposed to be looking for." she stated, clenching her teeth "We didn't put morons out here.. patrol the walls!" she ordered a bark. Naturally not liked by them, among most, they'd do as she said regardless. Patrolling would keep them more alert since they'd be moving. " Lin, where are you?" she asked.

She knew of Lin, a dog of some sorts. Faster, and more perceptive than her senses could be she felt she could whisper and he'd hear her regardless of how far. Perhaps she intimidated, or irritated, him to the point that he couldn't ignore her voice He was also good at hiding, much more so, Aster preferring to take most things head on rather than hide in the darkness. She couldn't decide between it being a weak method, or perhaps intelligent. She learned long ago that it wasn't the strongest or smartest that survived though, it was the creatures capable of adaptation that would survive. It didn't matter though, it all made for good use. He was useful, he was worth something more that could keep up with her, that is what she needed in these times she spent among here.

AsianBro87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:34 am
In the meek of the woods, Lin was with his patrol team. They were ordered to scout the area for any creatures that might be lurking somewhere. Lin was enough for this mission but their were some roughnecks that were starting out. Slowly kneeling over he slowly picked up some dirt, he felt it and let the smell overwhelm him. "Here's our strategy, I want you two to look over to the east as for the rest, follow me. Were going on a hunt." as he started to reveal his twin blades that were found on his left side of his belt. He began to take them out slowly as it echoed throughout the forest. Using a technique he perfected he was able to redirect the sound he created back towards himself. This allowed him to sense any movements in the area which became useful in some hunts. "I sense 4 in the area... But that might be a decoy. I guess we have no other choice. Were going to retreat." slowly sounding off a whistle, silent and slow the other two that were in the east began to come forth as they regrouped and started to head back to camp. Lin tagged one of the few trees with a metal wire. It had a sounding bell attached it. This method was used for alarms which he was able to hear. It would allow him to navigate where the enemy will be. After a short distance walk, the group entered the camp. Standing inside Lin gave the order to close the gates. Slowly adjusting himself he sheathed his twin blades and began to head over to Aster to report about the situation in the forest. But that doesn't mean he came back empty, they had a bag full of deer basically venison. Ready to be cooked.  

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:35 pm
Aster glanced towards Lin and his bag of meat, it wasn't hard to smell. If she could sense anything better than Lin, it was the scent of the dead or the bloodied. "You're dining with a guest and I tonight at the infirmary. Bring some for you and a small plate for her, while you're preparing dinner I want to speak with you privately in the kitchen. What is your report?" she asked, turning to move further inside the camp and letting him lead to where he planned to prepare his kill.

AsianBro87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:22 pm
Few moments later, Lin arrived next to Lin as they walked towards the Kitchen, the smell became intoxicated by the group around them. "4 creatures in the forest, but something else... I sensed something larger, it felt like sounds of many others. I couldn't grasp how many there were. My guess about 100 gathering in one place. If so we will need to reinforce the walls, and have scouts on the gates. But many have come back injured. If needed I'll go and scout the perimeter after were finished here." as entered the kitchen he tossed the big bag of meat to the cook. The man caught it and became curious how much he did he kill? Fast pacing he started to cook the camps dinner with no delay. Lin slowly washing his hands he cleansed the blood from the deer away.  

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:15 pm
Aster glanced once more towards Lin, merely walking with him though she remained silent through the moments the chef gave his puzzled looks, yet diligently went to work. She was processing these numbers, the threat that wasn't far from them, and she could only wonder "We're short on material for wall improvement, they're maintaining what they can..." her sentence fell short. There was a distant town below the mountains that could come up here, as long as some of their troops were with them to guide the shipments, to help supply their campgrounds. With this much lurking in the fores though, it could be hard to get anymore supplies they may need to fight this off.

As the smell of blood began to wash away, her mind began to settle into a more cynical disposition. "I hate this..." she muttered, though no reference to what. "I feel a battle is coming our way...the signs are clear, and we'll have to prepare in the morning. When it will come I am not sure." she turned for the exit of the kitchen "We'll come back in a moment to eat, I want you to listen to me privately first." she stated, taking a direction towards the less crowded portion of the camp where they wouldn't be easily heard by others.

AsianBro87

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:17 pm
Lin listened as he was washing and scrubbing the dark blood from his finger tips. Slowly using what looks to be a small kitchen knife, he was digging the blood out of his under nails and then washing them under the cold sink of rushing water. "Your not sure..." slowly turning off the sink by turning the right nozzle he started to use a cloth that was just hanging on the left side. Turning his way to Aster, he followed from behind to find a suitable area to talk quietly. But for some reason, his senses were being thrown off somehow? It wasn't the deer's blood that's for sure. But the numbers of enemies in the woods that's what was throwing him off. He sensed a fuzz like an echo of sounds, it could've been one hundred but he could be wrong, he could've sensed what could be a thousand. The numbers of creatures in the woods began to multiply since Aster took command. Thinking about it he just shrugged it off for the meantime.  

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:41 am
Aster stopped where they could talk as she gazed towards him, trying to find words. Perhaps she should come out and say it, or not, she wasn't sure "I found a girl. She is human, and she says her name is June. Any information beyond that she won't or can't seem to speak." she told him in the low of her voice, though she wasn't telling the whole truth. "I can't say if this is a good sign or bad, but I don't think we should all be so quick to kill her if the air doesn't.".

She remained silent to let him take it in and hear him out, or answer questions for the next few minutes. Afterwards there was a scream at the outer wall not too far from them. It wasn't the normal entrance way, it seemed some runic beast had taken to fighting along the walls and trying to climb them. Those that had heard the screams and sound of struggle were already giving orders to send more men down that way in back up.

AsianBro87

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:36 am
After reaching the spot where they were alone, He listened quietly. A human... now that's something. I wouldn't blame Aster for hiding this information. "I see, well let's not jump to conclusions. If she is human, then we might have to move her to a different location. Somewhere where safe." trying to think of one, he heard the sound of runic creatures making there way over the walls. "I knew it, the walls aren't sturdy enough to hold a band of creatures from the forest." Holding his two fingers he whistled a silent tune, a group of wolfbanes came to Lin and knelt. "Guard the perimeter, make sure they don't invade the campsite. We can't have them moving in. Squad 1 and squad you will guard the left wall side, Squad 3 and 4 your on the right. Squad 6 and 7 your in the front. We have to keep them away from the gate, Now move!" as he ordered his men into battle. Looking back at Aster he needed to join the fray. But he stood there looking at her. "I'm sorry we will have to continue this late. Right now what's important is to protect."  

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100

CaptainXXMorgan

Perfect Waffles

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:43 am
Aster nodded as his group came together, a bunch of well trained wolves, she turned for the other direction. She ran towards the walls where some men were posted and in battle ready stance "Status report." Mainly from the east and west positions, they're attempting to climb or break the walls." with that sort of intellectual there had to be something more out their than just the runic beasts. Often they didn't think any further than most wild creatures. That was indicated by a louder, lower base of a cry that wasn't often heard, most of these beasts didn't make any noise of that sort.

Aster jumped to the top of the wall "Go tell the general, I'll cover this spot." right now they had to protect this base. Looking down she could already see a couple of runic wolves clawing at the walls attempting to climb or dig, she couldn't make sure of either. She jumped down to land a heavy blow on one, then rising up to strike at the other one before baking away from the wall to keep their attention. Two men were headed her way, herself in a bad position of being surrounded by three. She held her stance, they seemed cautious which was something rare as they often took all chances to strike. Perhaps they were learning, but still impatient and hungry.

As they struck out Aster took to the defensive, left, right, jump on one and then to the other merely dodging their attempts while they hurt themselves in the process. Once an opening was found she struck just under their rib cage in a lethal blow, grabbing the dog and turning it as a shield from the other two. They pressed themselves against her shield, forcing her back a good number. She tossed the shield to the side quickly to get them off balance and fight them off once more. The earth near her would soon begin to shake, the appearance of a larger demihuman, a runic golem. It stood a good fifteen feet tall, but it was burly like any other golem. The runic symbols on it were glowing bright, it struck the ground with its arm giving the earth another shake to throw her men off balance. As the earth struck the symbols on the lesser beasts grew brightly, it was clear to see what was going on.

AsianBro87

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:32 am
Feeling the immense pressure, Lin started with his squad and started in the front, taking his hands from the side he began to mold himself into his Werewolf form. His clothes were made from some sort of material that easily fitted him easily as he transformed. Standing there with his army he started out, instead of waiting he rushed and leaped into the horde of monsters. Swinging his right and left hand he swung with an immense blow, pushing the monsters away with his brute force. Like a wild beast he didn't hesitate to kill but he kept his momentum in line to control the flow of his attacks. "Push them back!" as he ordered with a snarl he started to rush in again, but this time he took on the blunt force of the monsters bites on all sides. Deep with there fangs, Lin felt the deep pain as he grabbed each of there heads and threw them off, still feeling the teeth marks he was bleeding suddenly. Crap... "Damn you!" as he swung his right hand into the monsters face he forced it to the ground crushing into the dirt and dragging it up as he threw the beast towards its own kind.  

AsianBro87

Virtuous Cleric

2,700 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Trader 100
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items