Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 am
There had been one tiny, niggling, little doubt in Tambrey's mind, after the initial excitement of the move to a new headquarters, behind other, more immediate thoughts of new science facilities to 'play' and work with... One, tiny, very important, doubt.

She was an agent now, and, agent meant, according to the original arrangements, sharing a bathroom, but having a private accommodation.
As a grunt, her accommodation had been shared with someone that (while she had... grown to be strangely fond of the impossible spindly man) she would be very grateful -not- to be sharing with any more...
But what if, for some reason (and there were -some- she could torture herself with), Star was promoted? What if -he- was going to be who she was sharing a bathroom with? Sharing a dorm' had been tedious enough; just a bathroom would be impossible, own room or not.
So, she had been very relieved to discover, upon room assignment that, no, Star was -not- here.
Indeed, it was a fellow agent that she was far happier to see and share with, and arrangements had led to the idea that they should spend some time together in a small, sort of, house-warming party.
A vegetarian meal they could cook together, with gaming or, watching something, sounded like a good amount of settled excitement in comfort, after so long in the 'Ambergris Dungeon'.

Treestar snoozed, out of his pokéball, nearby, while Palu had already occupied the bed, as she once had in the old grunt quarters.
Meanwhile, Tambrey was checking over ingredients in case she'd forgotten something.
The room was still rather bare, furnished in a hurry with what she could retrieve from her Sandalwood storage, and what she'd grabbed in the escape from the Desert HQ, but she'd, at least, done some grocery shopping in the one trip she'd managed to make so far.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:17 am
"It's bigger," Aulus announced as he stepped in through the open bathroom door with a cloth bag over his shoulder. "I paced it out, I'm sure it's bigger than my old room." Frowning thoughtfully he paced across to the opposite wall, taking even measured steps. "Hu." Coming up against the wall when he expected to based on the size of his own room he turned back to Tam and shrugged. "Maybe they used the new build as a chance to give us more space?" Or maybe he was imagining it, he'd never exactly measured out his old room. "Maybe it just looks bigger without much in it."

Paul, who was perched up on Aulus' shoulder, peeped a greeting to Tambrey and the assembled pokemon. Tortie on the other hand - who had just stepped in from Aulus' room - ignored the lot of them in favour of padding over to stand beside her trainer.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:18 pm
"It's bigger?" Tambrey wasn't sure she believed that, but it was a nice thought. Still, it was a definite improvement on a grunt room, bigger or not than the old agent rooms.

"I would have thought it's the latter? We really haven't been here long, but maybe it is bigger? It's certainly bigger than the room I used to have; actually it's weird. Lots of space, it seems, to me, now... I'm still in the habit of keeping everything very... uh, compact."
Indeed, all her stuff occupied a rather small amount of stuff at that moment; she didn't quite have a handle on to use the extra space yet.
Tambrey waved a finger at Paul as he cheeped a greeting, smiling at the spider (so much more adorable than Neph; why couldn't she have gotten that lucky with her arachnid pokémon?) and offered Tortie a smile.

Treestar twitched, and then wagged, his leaf, waving a hello to Aulus and his pokémon, while Palu just fluffed up her feathers and hoped nobody wanted to try and share the bed right now; this was -her- bed right now, and the Pidgeotto didn't want to share at all.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 pm
"I think so; it looks bigger...." Aulus frowned for a moment longer but when he spotted Treestar he smiled and waved back at the grass type. "Hu, I suppose it doesn't matter though, and it must seem big after Ambergris and before that being crammed into a small box with that Galactic freak." He didn't care what anyone else said, Star would always be a Galactic to him; he'd been too high ranking for the stink to wash off.

"Have you got everything?" he continued, pushing the subject of Galactics out of his mind. "I tried to get hold of Alex so we could use his kitchenette but he's not answering - busy I guess - so we'll have to head down to the kitchens... or up. Wherever the hell they are now, I've got the map on my dex."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:18 pm
"Heh. True. He wasn't -so- bad, sometimes... But yes, it's a relief to be out of that arrangement. After Ambergris, too, this feels -huge- to me." Tambrey admitted, smiling as she watched Aulus and Treestar greet eachother.
The Bayleef was really getting a lot better at carefully controlling that leaf, now, and he seemed fully comfortable, finally, with just how much bigger he'd become since evolving... She hoped that meant it'd be easier next time her evolved.
Waves exchanged, Treestar laid his head back down and watched Tortie; she seemed interesting, but kind of scary; he'd be nice though, all the same.

Palu had, apparently, gone back to sleep, unconcerned about whatever was going on around her now.

"I think so... I've gone through the bags twice already, but I really am not keen on having to go back and forth too many times, especially when it's all so new, so a third check won't hurt, quickly."  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:10 pm
"Likewise," Aulus agreed with a snort and a shake of his head. With this said he opened his bag and a slightly crunched up list out of his pocket to check against; all the items on it had already been crossed off but still, he didn't want to realise something had fallen out or something just as he needed it. "Okay, that's everything I was going to bring," he nodded.

"Anyway, I promise to be a better person to live in close proximity to than the mutant humanized Leavanny." The list went back into his pocket and Aulus scratched the scar across his face as he pondered how best to word his next question. "So, Alex and I had a kind of informal agreement about keeping the bathroom clean. Wipe down the shower after use, just generally keep things 'civilized', occasional proper clean... does that suit you or do you want to do a schedule or something?" He didn't mind much either way but Tam might.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:48 pm
"I don't think that could be too much of a challenge. Plus, he was always leaping out of windows at the old HQ... Not much chance of that here. But, thanks." She grinned, then blinked.
"A shower cleaning schedule? Er... You know, the agreement you had before is probably better... As long as it stays clean and such. We'll probably have enough duties as it is without incorporating some kind of schedule..." The scientist mused, eyeing the door to the subject.

"To be honest, I'm rather impressed we've even got this amount of down time, with how much must be going on out there all the time, but I'm certainly grateful for it."  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:49 pm
"Works for me," Aulus acknowledged with a shrug-nod, "and yeah, seriously. I just hope not too many other Agents have had the same idea as us. I'd hate to have to menace anyone." Grunts and trainees would have to get out of their way but other Agents?... Well it was all a matter of posturing and he was pretty good at that so he wasn't actually worried about them getting muscled out but it would be less trouble not to have to throw his weight around. "Hopefully our reputations precede us." Quite apart from his muscles and martial skill they did have that little mark in their mission books that should garner some damn respect. It had to be good for something.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:27 pm
"Oh.. Hm. I don't know how many other people will want to immediately cook something? But I'm sure there won't be a huge rush..." She frowned, then smiled and shook her head; she was pretty sure he wouldn't have to 'menace anybody' and, despite it being a criminal HQ, the idea of menacing people for access to, and use of, a kitchen still seemed slightly amusing to her.

"Hm. Do I really have that much of one?" It was still surprising to her... Sure, on paper, she sort of understood it, but she'd never thought of herself as worthy of a reputation. Perhaps, once, she'd hoped to make some name in scientific contributions... Once upon a time... But, that was impossible now, and the sort of reputation they had, apparently, wasn't one she'd have ever expected to be a part of.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:48 am
Aulus shrugged. "True, I suppose it is a bit of an odd priority." He wanted something good though, and... well he had to credit that it was reasonably considerate for the canteen of a criminal organization to offer vegetarian food at all, what was on offer tended to be samey and lacklustre.

"And I don't know if you do, but it seems I do at least in some circles," he shrugged again, scratching Tortie's shoulders absently. "You know that idiot who works for Jerome? Kyle? He showed up to the training session we had just before we left; I ran into him in the corridor a couple of days before that and... may have slightly got into a fight with him." Slightly. "Anyway when I'd soundly kicked his arse I demanded an apology, which he point blank refused to give until he caught my name. Soon as he heard that he couldn't apologise quick enough; pretty satisfying, I have to say." If you couldn't have respect fear would do fine, though from people like Kyle 'both' was preferable.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:36 pm
Tambrey nodded.
"Just depends how many people are hungry -right now-, but we'll see. If anything, I could always let Neph give you a hand 'menacing' people. She's an Ariados now. 'S kinda terrifying... But at least she's easier to control; harder to hide once you're that big..."

She frowned slightly at the conversation of reputations.
She didn't /really/ know Kyle but she could probably point him out if she really had to... It wasn't too hard to remember people when they were associated with their very distinctive friend.
"A slight fight?" Tambrey repeated the two words with some amusement. "Well... You do sort of run a martial arts class, I'd bet you have some reputation for being a 'tough guy' by now, and then all the missions we've been on. I guess that does really make some sense."  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:57 am
"A slight fight," Aulus confirmed with a slightly rueful grin. "He walked into me in the hall and was rude and... well, yes. Nobody broke anything though so no harm done.

"I'd like to meet the new enbiggened Neph," he continued, gesturing to the door with a querying look - time to go? - "Paul's still a Spinarak," a gesture to his shoulder, "as you can see, obviously. I think he likes being small and easily hidden too much to evolve yet. We'll get there eventually though." He would probably miss the spider being tiny and cute; big and cute was okay too but he wouldn't be a shoulder pokemon anymore... there were advantages to him staying small of course, maybe he never needed to 'grow up'.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:39 pm
"When nobody breaks anything, that is, indeed, a good thing." Tambrey agreed, though to be honest, she had no idea just how fights that weren't 'defend self' and 'take out the enemy' really went, or why they needed to be done...
Well, Aulus was Aulus, so... That was probably the only 'why' needed to be considered.

"I will, uh, let you meet her in a training room soon. When Paul isn't out. Or anyone small and cute," Tambrey cringed a little, then added "Or big and shy." Poor Lu... "She just really really likes to fight."

A nod, and a grabbing of bags and Tambrey was, indeed, ready to head out the door.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Paul had been sort of dozing, already exhausted by the scary events of the last few days. When he heard his name however he perked up and cleaned his eyes before focusing on- oh! Friend! She was still here! Making a little chittery noise he scurried around Aulus' neck to be on the shoulder closer to Tam and waved at her with one foreleg.

"That sounds good!" Aulus grinned, reaching up to give Paul a tickle. "She should meet Killer, I think they... well they'll either get on and enjoy fighting one another, or hate one another and try to tear each other to shreds. Good training either way I suppose, so long as we keep an eye on it."

Nodding to his friend Aulus stepped out into the corridor.

Paul turned around on Aulus' shoulder so that he was still looking at Tam and waved again.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:44 pm
Aw.
Tambrey couldn't help herself but wave back to the little spider 'mon.
Now -that- was a cute Spinarak, how had Neph become such a nightmare pokémon?

"Hm. That's probably a very good idea. She needs someone who -likes- to fight, whether she gets along with them or not... To be honest, though, I feel the like hate and like might be close to the same thing with her."

She followed the Agent and grinned, waving once again at Paul. He really was adorable.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff