[FIN] Roommate? No thank you. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:52 pm
Zacharie was an odd child. He didn't/wouldn't deny it, it was a fact. So the fact that he was laying on his back in the middle of the room, in the center of a circle of potted plants, in the fetal position with a book balanced precariously between his raised knees and his chest really wasn't all that strange for him. Floating above him was his Drifloon and his Porygon was busy hovering around underneath his bed, both managing to preoccupy themselves while their trainer read.

Ah yes, an average day in the life of Zacharie Dubois.

He didn't know, nor care, where his roommate was but he was quite enjoying all of the space and quiet. Well...as quiet as a room full of ghost pokemon could be, which really wasn't all the quiet at all. "Driiiiiiiiiiif?~" Irina lightly tugged at his boot as she tried to catch his attention. "No, not now Irina. I'm trying to find optimal places to keep my Oenothera." He muttered distractedly as he tried to pull his leg free of her grasp.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:07 pm
With his promotion to grunt, Lex finally got a chance at privacy, well as much as one could get with a roommate. So with Grimlock on her harness, she still got distracted but was listening better and Flatline floating around his head. The Porygon Z was giving soft noises, golden eyes wide.

Ahh, this one. Lex knocked politely on the door, shifting the garment bags back to his free hand, the other keeping a firm grip on the Fennekin's leash as she tried to go for the door. "No, sit Grims."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:30 pm
Knock knock

Everyone in the room paused at the soft knocking. "Pory!~" Virus chirped in greeting, as if Zacharie had already answered the door. The teen rolled his eyes but gave the Porygon a fond smile as he closed his book and set it next to him. "Your greeting would be most effective if you waited until I answered the door." He told it as he reached beneath the bed to pat its head. Virus simply gave a pleased trill as its trainer rolled to his feet. He really had no idea who could be at the door. He didn't have any plans with Jerome or Lu and he prayed it wasn't Izaya on the other side of the door. It wasn't that he particularly disliked the grunt...he was just mildly unsettling to be around. Irina met him at the door, her hands automatically reaching out to tug at his uniform shirt. "Not now either, Irina." He halfheartedly swatted at her with one hand as he opened the door with the other.

...Who the hell was this?

Zacharie stared blankly at the pale haired person standing in front of him before looking to the Porygon-Z and then finally down at the Fennekin. "...Yes?" His pale eyes narrowing in suspicion. "Driflooooooooooon?" Irina poked her head around the door to peer down at their guests. Ah, another child! They would also need to be taken to the underworld~  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:47 pm
"Hi, I'm Lex and I'm your roommate." He said cheerfully, shifting to pull out his pokedex from his pocket and not let Grimlock loose. "You are Zacharie?" He questioned, holding the device out so the younger man could get a good look at the orders.

Grimlock looked up, her head tilting as she took in the Drifloon and gave a curious "Feennn?"

"If I could come in? These are getting rather heavy," he added, lifting the bags. "And I really don't want them touching the floor. Most of them are dry clean only."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:14 pm
Well think of the devil and the devil shall appear.
Wait...was that how that saying went? He wasn't entirely sure but the point stood!

"I am indeed Zacharie." He said slowly as he peered down at the Rocketdex screen. Yes, it did appear that Lex was in fact his new roommate. Virus, having decided that under the bed exploration could wait, appeared next to his shoulder to look down at the screen as well.

Irina and Virus greeted respectively when it became apparent that Zacharie wasn't going to do anything of the sort. "Why did you knock; do you not have a key?" He asked, his expression dropping into something resembling skepticism as he stepped back to allow the other Grunt access to the room. "Don't step on the plants." He added as an afterthought as he moved to gather his book off of the floor.  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:45 pm
Flatline shifted, flying back to hide behind his newest trainer's skull. He stuttered, arm's drooping.

"Thank you," Lex waltzed in, keeping a firm hold of Grimlock's leash and being careful of the plants. "Don't mind Flatline, he is shy. And I thought it would be rather rude, just coming in and not warning you." He looped the leash over a bed post and laid the garment bags down. He shifted, swinging down his back pack and stretched. " Much better."

Grimlock gave an annoyed huff and swatted at the leash, rolling on her back to attempt to chew herself free.

Lex gently nudged the Fennekin with his foot. "Stop that, if I could trust you not to eat Zacharie's plants I would let you loose." He shifted, capturing the Porygon-Z and carefully stroked over the bill. "I guess I should introduce you. The baby fennekin is Grimlock. This fellow is Flatline. I have three more, but I still have to get them. They are watching the rest of my stuff."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:26 pm
Clutching his book to his chest, Zacharie perched primly on the edge of his bed as he watched Lex set his things down. "I..." He cocked his head slightly in thought before nodding. "Yes, that was indeed very polite of you. I appreciate that you didn't come barging into the room unexpectedly." He said with a small, shy smile as he let himself relax a fraction. At least he had managed to get a roommate with some manners and who understood basic common courtesy. Perhaps having a roommate wouldn't be as bad as he had originally expected...though there was always time for that to change.

Virus reassured the fellow Porygon as it floated in excited circles above Zacharie's head. Irina chimed in, leaving her trainer behind in favour of lightly patting Lex on the shoulders and head. "Irina, stop that; you know that that is considered rude." The teen scolded with a small frown, though it fell upon deaf ears as the Drifloon seemed pretty happy to get all up in Lex's business. "Irina often likes to try to drag people off to who knows where, just warning you now." He said as he rolled his eyes. Wait...that probably didn't sound too good. "She isn't strong enough to actually pull you anywhere though, she mostly will just pull on your clothes."  
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:46 pm
Flatline shifted, sliding out of its trainers grasp and nudged one of the two pokeballs at Lex's hips and disappeared into the depths.

"Well, that didn't go as well as I wanted." Ignoring his Porygon's escape, Lex took Irina's feeler - hand? and shook it gentlemanly. "It is a pleasure to meet you Irina. Though please be careful with my clothing, some of my outfits are very old."

He shrugged out of his jacked and tossed it on the bed, followed by the belt. "Would you mind doing me a favor and watching Grims while I retrieve the rest of my things? I doubt Flatline will make a second appearance so it will just be the baby."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:02 pm
The teen shrugged slightly at the other Porygon's disappearance, though Virus gave a few sad beeping noises. "I don't mind. Essex is a lot like that, so I understand." He said simply, raising an eyebrow as he watched his roommate shake hands with his Drifloon. "Driiiiiiiif~" Irina all but cooed as she returned the handshake and papped the others face before drifting off and through the wall, disappearing to who knew where. "...I don't think that you should take that as an agreement that she won't touch your more valuable things." He said after a moment.

Ah...the Fennekin.

"Is Grim particularly aggressive?" He asked curiously. Though now that he thought about it..."And does Grim have any pyromaniac tendencies? It took me quite some time to locate all of these saplings and we're no longer in an area where these specific ones grow..." There would be hell to pay if any harm came to his plants. Just as a precaution he began picking the pots off of the floor and putting them up onto the shelves above his bed.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:53 am
"Flatline was assigned so many of his quirks are likely through because of a mix of force evolution and lack of socialization. We'll get there." Porygons tended to be treated more like pieces of machinery then not, so it would take awhile to get Flatline to actually open up.

"No, probably not... but maybe I can bribe her into helping me with my hair instead of tugging on the lame'. It is so very shiny." Lex looked down and scooped up his little monster, quickly tickling Grim's stomach causing whirling paws and in general a squirming trying to look tough fennekin puppy. "Not overly, she at the stage where everything that fits in her mouth is a chew toy and she thinks she a tough independent lady, don't you Grims?"

"She does know ember but after getting swatted the first few times she used it indoors." He chuckled and set the puppy down, watching her sulk. "She been good at not setting things on fire."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:40 pm
"Ah, I see." Zacharie muttered, looking curiously up at Virus...who chirped happily when it noticed the attention. He had never really thought about personality traits being programmed into Porygons...Virus had always been so curious and happy he had just assumed that all Porygons developed their own. Then again, he had gotten the virtual pokemon when it was just a baby. He'd need to look more into that...perhaps talk to Faleen about it. She would most certainly know.

He watched Lex interact with his Fennekin curiously, a little bewildered that it let him treat her that way. Well he had just implied that she was rather young, so perhaps that was why. "As long as she doesn't ruin my experiments it's all fine." He said simply as he continued to place his plants safely up on his shelves. "And I wouldn't mind keeping an eye on her...I like pokemon a great deal." He admitted distractedly as he fiddled with the distances he put between each pot. He had to make sure that they wouldn't try to wrap around each other and kill each other off. "I can relate...when Jabari, my Shuppet, learned Screech he took particular pleasure in using it at random intervals to startle me." It had not been a fun time at all.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:18 am
"Thanks. Don't undo her harness and if you take the lease off the bed post... make sure the door is shut. She'll bolt for the hallway."

Grimlock shifted and halfheartly nipped her trainer as he sat up and left. She grumbled and shifted to look at Zacharie, giving him the biggest puppies eyes she could managed. 'Untie me? Pretttty please?' Seemed to be the thought going through her mind.

"I'll be back then in a mmh, no more then a half hour. Thanks again Zacharie!" Lex chimed and left his younger room mate with the fennekin.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:15 pm
Nodding in recognition of the thanks, the teen gave a soft huff as he continued to fiddle with his plants. When he was satisfied with the spacing and the general tidiness of the shelf he turned to give Lex his full attention. While he normally didn't like people telling him how to go about doing things he did understand that, like raising children, people raised their pokemon in particular ways and he could respect that. "Noted, I will be sure that she does not leave the room." He assured the other grunt as he watched the little Fennekin give him what he had come to learn was called 'puppy eyes'.

He merely raised an eyebrow in response.

"Take your time." He muttered, his eyes not leaving his new charge. The purple haired male continued to stare at the small fire type until he finally gave a soft sigh and let his posture relax slightly. "My area of pokemon knowledge predominantly lies with Ghost pokemon." He told Grimlock as he slid off his bed so he could sit cross-legged on the floor. "I hope that we will be able to get along regardless." He studied the pokemon for a moment before holding his hand out, palm up, towards her for her to sniff. Virus chirped excitedly.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:52 pm
What was he doing? Was he challenging her? Grimlock drew herself up proudly, little chest puffed out and ears alert and stared back. She was boss, not him! Look at him come down to her level...hey, wait...what was he doing.

She huffed, looking at the hand and then back at Zach and then the hand, impressed. Nope, nope... totally not interested... well maybe one sniff. She shifted and moved forward, pushing her nose against the palm. He smelt like plants.

She added.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:00 pm
Virus asked, and if it could it would tilt its head. The normal type paused, scanning its database to retrieve the right word. It finished before giving a soft trill as it returned to hovering in circles over its trainer's head. Zacharie, on the other hand, was smiling slightly as he watched the Fennekin inch forward to sniff curiously at his hand. Slowly, as to not startle her, he curled his fingers so he could lightly scratch beneath her chin. "You have got a rather large personality for such a small pokemon....you remind me a lot of Jabari." He mused aloud as he continued to hold his hand out.

Speak of the devil.

The Shuppet asked as he drifted through the door, an irritated scowl on his face as he moved to hover just behind Zacharie's shoulder. another pokemon?> Jabari groused as he eyed the Fennekin in distaste.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff