Back in the PS1 days we had 2 very well known Tactics games. Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics. Lots of people thought Tactics Ogre was a rip off of the FF version but it actually came first and inspired a good bit for FF to use. Tactics Ogre has so many friggin secrets man!

Well both these awesome games got remade I got a Vita just last week and got Ogre first. So how does one get Secrets? Google becomes your messiah when it comes to this game!

Graphics in it got updated to look more smooth and the art is simply great and detailed like never before. Character frames had a massive upgrade compared to the original which is very nicely done but doesn't feel too foreign for the game we knew. Music got remastered and sounds glorious.

Story got a nice polishing and expanded on. Your "Inset name here", a 16 or so year old warrior who's town got torn apart by dark knights and your nation is loosing a battle against the Galgistanies who outnumber you 7-1. You, your freaky sister priestess Ketchup (I don't care bout this harlot, I just call her Ketchup cause I want her to get bloody!), and 'friend' Vyce hear the guy who ruined your life named Lans is in town right now.

SURPRISE it wasn't him, just a Paladin named Lans and his crew of elite heroes. They team up with you, take back your Dukes castle and you become a heroric knight and got to take the battle to the Galgistanies before you go after your main target for revenge. The story is intense with a black and grey morality.

Majority of the game is your choice of doing what is right or lawful and trying to footstep the active minefield of good and bad secrets. Agrias (My all time favorite in FFT) shows up from Final Fantasy Tactics as a possible ally, good luck finding out how to recruit the white haired Agrias though cause you probably messed up and got her killed.

Did I mention the secrets yet? God this collection of secrets! There's more hidden stuff you want and need that would make a completionist just rage quit life from seeing a list. It's like Milon's Secret Castle! You GOTTA cheat to find out how to get stuff you want, it's impossible otherwise. There's dozens of characters you need to figure out how to get, super gear, how to unlock the necromancer class, how to keep a favorite characters from dying or committing suicide, multiple endings. I never prayed to the Google god so much just to find out how to get Agrias to stay in my group, course it was too late, she was dead. The challenge is so insane, you should be given gold trophies for recruiting a NPC, course the game has no achievements.I never felt so much NERD RAGE!

Leveling got sent to hell and back. The Classes themselves gain levels instead of the characters. So a freshly bought recruit can be level 99 cause you leveled up the class you want him to be. This is the worst change they did. Originally you earned specific stat amounts based on the class you leveled up in. Making your multi-classing vital and needing moderation, pretty serious challenge, but now that's gone.

They follow the Final Fantasy Tactics death rules, you get knocked out, last 3 turns or permanently die, change being enemies instantly die though. Originally when a character is downed, they die off permanently till late game. This made every battle where enemies were your level that much more serious and challenging, 1 bad move and it's either game over (with your mains death) or the loss of a good soldier.

Did I mention secrets yet? Their everywhere man, feels like the game mocks me on a regular basis. I love the game but I actually liked the original more. This remake is much easier compared to it's past but at the same time they still made a lot of great changes. It's worth a try, and good luck getting Agrias in your group...