Ferris Metalworks (Blacksmith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Hidden within the forest down an old footpath, Ferris Metalworks serves as a somewhat unknown blacksmith of Hawthorne Ridge.

The building shows it's age and appears somewhat derelict from the outside, however, the inside appears to be in good condition and it's tools and equipment well maintained.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:07 pm
Renier Cross
(Profile)

User Image

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Renier entered the metalworks as he had done many times. having found it about a year after he had arrived in Hawthorne Ridge, it had become a place he could stay without having to pay rent or be chased off like the vagabond he was.

in the time Renier had been there, he has never found evidence of anyone ever coming to this place, perhaps the owner had passed or left town, he wasn't sure.

From time to time, he would tinker with the smithy tools and forge, but that was all he could really do, he had not the experience to truly use these items.

on the second floor was something similar to a small apartment, a couple of bedrooms, a small kitchen, and an empty storage room was all that was up there.

he went upstairs and crawled into one of the beds, he was tired, broke, and just wanted to sleep.

he quickly fell asleep and began snoring like he usually did.

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:34 am
User ImageJade Balfour“I am the only one with can mess with her!” User Image

Jade had stopped at the fork in the road. He was running out of sharpening stones and metal polishing. Oh well, Lotus could use some more time to rest. He turned to go down to the smiths shop, opposite direction away from the mountain where the shrine resided.

The small band quietly came up upon the blacksmith shop after a hours ride. Jade adjusted Lotus so she was sleeping cheek down on the horses soft mane and a blanket draped over her. He got off and then tied the mounts in the shade. He opened the front door and walked in.

His elven instincts kicked in, he felt the charge of electricity run through his body, normal humans couldn't feel it, even if they could use magic themselves. He had entered a place filled with magic, the type of magic that keeps things completely stocked to par. Jade went to choose some of the finest sharpening stones and jars of metal polisher. He counted in his head. "Guess while I am here, I'll get a few more spearhead blades." Jade picked up a few more objects. He went to the register and dropped the right amount of coins in and a letter of thanks.

He exited to go put the things away in the saddle bags, wrapping the blade heads up in rough cloth multiple times. He stopped when he finished. Something was off, way off. He could sense another being nearby. Yanking his spear free from the ties, he fastened it to his back and reentered the store. No need to wake Lotus. He mouthed a spell. His elf blood taking over, pulling him in the essence of the other being. It had nearly been two years since he came to the shop, now there was someone here? Best be on guard.

Up the stairs...into living quarters, his ruby eyes scanned the rooms one by one. The essence was stronger in one room, he crept in to find a person sleeping. Detaching the spear from his back, Jade poked the person in the shoulder with the staff end. "Hate to intrude...wake up." He poked a few more times till they waked.

“I am searching for someone in my past.”Lotus Yuki-Ai

Merixx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:15 pm
Renier Cross
(Profile)

User Image

Renier opened his eyes after a few rather rude prods from a stick, he groggily spoke.

If you are here to rob me... I'm already broke... if not, then why are you poking me with a spear?

he was having some difficulty focusing on whomever it was in the room, as his eyes were still foggy from sleep. he lazily moved his hand to the nightstand, blindly probing about for his spectacles.

LotusCurtiss

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:43 pm
User ImageJade Balfour“I am the only one with can mess with her!” User Image

"Nay, not to rob but to wonder why someone would sleep in an forgotten workshop." Jade tucked his spear away onto his back. "This place has been left here untouched for years. The only customer it see's is me but I pay for everything."

Lotus groaned, she rubbed an eye with a sleepy hand then let it drop back unknowingly besides the horses neck. Still sleeping, still unaware.

Jade chuckled. "Yes, why a spear? I am not sure if you have a weapon on you or not. I am after all from a military family and staying on the defense as we are trained to."

Merixx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:31 am
Renier Cross
(Profile)

User Image

renier found his spectacles and adorned them on his nose once again, pushing them up with a single finger until they were flush and firmly seated once again.

he closed his eyes tightly before opening them again, getting the last of his sleepy eyes out, if only momentarily.

whats a home without a resident? i merely stumbled upon this place and found no owner in sight... being as i am typically penniless without a great asset to my name, i figured a place such as this would be a sad thing to waste. so, i moved in... i have a place to stay, and this house becomes
and workshop becomes a home again... i do what i can to try and maintain it and use the forge from time to time... if the owner ever does come around again, i guess i'll move on again...
he said with a slight bit of disheartenment in his tone.

he yawned as he sat up in the bed and stretched, a series of several loud pops emanated from his various joints and his spine.

so if you were here simply doing business, why wake the sleeping guy upstairs? i mean, how did you know i was here?

LotusCurtiss

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:15 am
User ImageJade Balfour“I am the only one who can mess with her!” User Image

"The atmosphere held a different presences other than the stoic and still air that settles on this shop. I can tell when things change." Jade crossed his arm's. "It's the military training I go through."

Lotus shifted, her face turned so the other cheek was resting against the soft mane. She let out another moan and the horse answered her with a soft snort.

"I won't stop you from living here, take care of this place and it will take care of you. My family owns the shrine up on the mountain, I am right now the current priestess guardian living there."

Lotus yawned, stretched and hopped down from the horse, rubbing her eye and stumbled towards the shop, through the door, up the stairs. "And you left me outside. You are my bodyguard, are you not Jade?" She asked after overhearing the last tidbit. With the tired look still lingering in her eye, she crossed her arms and gave him a hard glare.

Merixx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:45 am
Renier Cross
(Profile)

User Image

Renier shrugged as he opened up the nightstand next to his bed, revealing a drawer stuffed to the brim with snacks.

he pulled out a bag of rice cakes and began loudly crunching on one. he held the bag towards his guests, offering them one.

military huh? well, im not too familiar with that sort of stuff... im just a priest after all... he said chuckling a bit between mouthfuls.

still, a shrine sounds like a lovely place to visit and i may have to stop by sometime to pay respects... he said as he realized him and a shrine may be a bad mix. he kept a warm demeanor though, it was his own problem, and he didn't want to reflect his issue for them to see.

he looked around and thought to himself for a moment, how he probably couldn't stay here forever, as much as he'd like to, and dealing with a few issues would be a small price to pay for the safe harbor a shrine could bring a distressed traveller.

so, what exactly were you here to pick up anyways? if i may inquire? he asked curiously before taking another large bite of his rice cake.

LotusCurtiss

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Lotus shook her head slightly. "We are undergoing a fast at the moment." She pinched Jade's back to remind him. "A festival is coming up and I must be prepared for it."

"Well, I think I owe you something for leaving you outside." Stifling the chuckle as her face frowned. "My usual, metal polish, spearhead blades, grinding stones." He took her hand away from his back and held it, he knew he had to appease her anger.

"Actually we were in the marketplace to shop for the things needed for the festival. I expect that other priestess will be coming soon to help with it, along with their guardians." Lotus yanked on his arm to get her point across. "Please stay around long enough to go to it."

Jade sighed, Lotus was being direct with him by being indirect.

Merixx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:18 pm
Renier Cross
(Profile)

User Image

festivals are always nice... lots of food and stuff, though the whole fasting thing doesnt sound fun at all....

he put the rice cakes away, but not before quickly shoving two more into his mouth and hastily eating them.

he spoke again between cheeks full of food.

tho... areth thuu theeing a loth of acthion or thomthing? theems lithe a loth of harthwarr and thuff thor juff simfle budy gurd dufy... (so, are you seeing a lot of action or something? seems like a lot of hardware and stuff for just simple bodyguard duty...)

he swallowed and took a gulp of water from a cup on the nightstand before continuing.

none of my business i suppose, but it almost seems like you're expecting something to happen.
LotusCurtiss

Merixx

Dapper Consumer

LotusCurtiss

Fashionable Powerhouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:10 am

Lotus refrained from puffing her cheeks out. " I will be doing traditional dancing." Her hand gripped Jade's a little harder.

"One can never be to careful." Even though its my Lotus whom I love so much, I don't want the Aggregation coming after her again, so I will protect her. He could sense her anger through her hand and shifted so that his large warm one engulfed the her small hand. "Priestess are well known to see into the future through meditation and dreams, and in other countries are highly sought after. Other kingdoms will go to great length just to kidnap one. So Lotus's job is highly dangerous."

Lotus slightly blushed as her hand was swallowed up in Jade's, she could only stare at the source of where they were linked together. Her heart beat a little faster and a sense of peace flooded her, it felt as if a memory that she could not recall, was surfacing.

Merixx

Forest Region [Outside the City]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces