Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
[AMA] Obadiah "Taym" Thompson Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:52 am
User Image

Ask About: almost anything, whatevs
I will answer some ICly and some OOCly I think? LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Just a note that I am not actively doing the Purge meta so this is more for my own gratification than anything (no IOU points), and also because I REALLY LOVE ASKING PEOPLE QUESTIONS so it felt weird to do that and not have my own thread. Now I can go ask questions WITH ABANDON

Note to self: add Tink later

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:07 am
Taym: when you were a little kiddo what did you want to most be when you grew up? When/why did that change?  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:55 am
lizbot
Taym: when you were a little kiddo what did you want to most be when you grew up? When/why did that change?

When I was very young I think I mostly just entertained the idea that I'd be a writer. I read pretty much constantly, mostly the Narnia books and the Lord of the Rings until they were falling apart. I had this idea, though, that saying you wanted to be a writer wasn't a very manly thing to say, so I had the unrealistic daydreams that a lot of little boys with an escapist streak have. You know: explorer, paleontologist, scientist (which i always thought involved blowing things up and being on the front of exciting magazines). I was bored a lot and an extremely restless kid so I would point myself towards things I thought would be exciting, but underneath it all I figured I'd grow up and write books.

By the time I was old enough to actually realize how unrealistic all those goals were (and that I was a lousy writer*) I'd stopped caring about my future beyond how hard I would be partying the following weekend, which was about as far out as I could maintain my focus. In high school I told the school counselors I wanted to be a teacher, because I had good grades and kept a low profile and was good with younger kids than me (and they all seemed inexplicably delighted that a teenage boy with long hair and an earring named that as his desired career path), so it mostly stopped them from asking a ton of questions or trying to get me to do things to help me with my "career goals." It wasn't a sincere answer. I didn't know, or care.

*OOC Note: Taym does not actually think he is a lousy writer. He just doesn't think writing is a realistic career choice for someone who wants to do SERIOUS MEANINGFUL writing. Also it would involve, like, subjecting himself to intense scrutiny and review. ******** that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:05 am
Taym:

What were your reasons to become a hunter?

Do you regret that choice at all?

How do you get along with your weapon?

Are you it's first wielded or did someone else have it before you?

What do you think of the fact monsters feed on fear?  

endejester

Feral Cat

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:05 am
1. Do your cats have names?
2. Why is your room so neat?
3. What type of tooth paste do you prefer to use?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 pm
For Taym --

1. What is one book you think everyone should read?

2. What is one thing that people assume is true about you, but actually isn't?

3. If you were in the Harry Potter universe, what House would you be in?

4. What do you think is the biggest mistake Deus makes?

5. If you were forming a dream team of effective Hunters to undertake a difficult mission, who would be on your list and why?  

Akina Tokuwa

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Random AMA Question, please answer ICly!

Taym: You make a terrible mistake that costs several Hunters their lives. You have the choice to confess to the leads and give them the information they need knowing you will survive the encounter, or walk away blame free and leave everyone informationless for the next attack. What choice do you make and why?

Rejam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:19 pm
endejester
Taym:

What were your reasons to become a hunter?

Do you regret that choice at all?

How do you get along with your weapon?

Are you it's first wielded or did someone else have it before you?

What do you think of the fact monsters feed on fear?

1. IC: I thought I'd hit the end of the line. I honestly did not think there was any hope of getting my life back together. I thought Deus would be a way to do something useful on the way out, and in retrospect I don't think I actually wanted to die, but I genuinely believed that I did. They told me the job was dangerous.

More to the point, it was about my daughter. Partly because they told me my presence was increasingly a danger to her, and partly because (see above) I could not stomach the idea of her growing up and becoming increasingly disillusioned and disappointed with me. Easier to disappear before she had any solid memories, and let a family who loved me for some reason despite all my ******** dress up my legacy for her. One big disappointment, before she's old enough to hurt too badly for it, felt kinder than a bunch of smaller ones. Between that and the death wish it seemed like an easy decision.

2. Every ******** day.

3. Until pretty recently she was quite standoffish and professional--even cold--but she's been a lot more communicative of late. Granted most of that is manifesting as irritation that is alarmingly teenage girlish, but it's progress. I respect her for what she is and I owe her my life many times over. She has said she respects me, although she tempers that with a lot of pointing out of all my flaws. I wish she would stop calling me "sir" but I don't think she ever will.

4. OOC: Taym is Fiona's first wielder.

5. IC: What's to think? They don't belong to the world of the truly living. We owe them no compassion.

OOC: He does feel this way, but he's also aware that he has some doublethink going on because he can't bring himself to behave cruelly to minipets :T  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:24 pm
Yin-Bug
1. Do your cats have names?
2. Why is your room so neat?
3. What type of tooth paste do you prefer to use?

1. IC: Their names are Quint and Jessel, which are the names of the malevolent entities in The Turn of the Screw. In retrospect this was a weird choice since they are more like siblings than anything and Quint and Jessel were lovers, but you know how the old saying goes about hindsight. It wasn't a very nice pair of names to give them, and I kind of regret it, but it's better than Bootsie and Tootsie.

2. OOC: Taym has always been tidy. He struggles with anxiety issues and focus issues and having a clean space helps. He was not obsessive about it, however, until he spent so long sleeping on the streets, on other people's couches in extremely disgusting houses, and in homeless shelters when he could luck out enough to grab a bed there. He told himself if he miraculously ever managed to get himself out of that situation he was never going to sleep in a dirty room again if he could help it. It also gives him something to do, keeps him busy, and is a sort of totem he can throw in the face of people who make assumptions about him based on his looks.

This is, coincidentally, one of the reasons that sleeping in a filthy pile of dead men's coats when he was being held captive in the Sahara was so traumatic for him, in a low level, subconscious way.

3. IC: I don't give it much thought. Whatever's handy. I can tell you that any toothpaste that makes claims of miraculous whitening power is full of bullshit, at least when you have a smoking habit.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:24 pm
Taym: FMK: Maebe, Caelius, The Mother.

Tink: Is your memory truly that short, or are all the times you've been hurt compartmentalized elsewhere? Do you ever worry about things, late at night?  

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:36 pm
Akina Tokuwa
For Taym --

1. What is one book you think everyone should read?

2. What is one thing that people assume is true about you, but actually isn't?

3. If you were in the Harry Potter universe, what House would you be in?

4. What do you think is the biggest mistake Deus makes?

5. If you were forming a dream team of effective Hunters to undertake a difficult mission, who would be on your list and why?

1. Contrary to the assumption that everyone makes that I am a literary snob*, I don't think there's any one book that "everyone" should read. I think there's books that certain types of people should read. I think anyone who loves the English language ought to read Lolita. I think people who love fiction ought to read Watership Down. But I don't think there's any single be-all, end-all book, although I suspect almost everyone enjoys Alice in Wonderland a little bit.

2. People assume I did meth. This is bullshit.

People also assume I am a slob. This is also bullshit.

People also assume on first meeting me that I am self-serving and will crawl over a heap of bodies to get to the top, if that is what it takes. This is also bullshit, of the highest ******** order.

3. Ravenclaw.**

4. Being unable to decide if its members are valuable commodities or disposable resources. Lack of transparency and accountability. Inter-divisional rivalries. A "survival of the fittest" mentality. Unwillingness to invest in training and education. Tendency to recruit with dishonest tactics. This is a brief list. I could go on. A general lack of respect for its members sums up most of the problems, though.

5. This question has way too many variables. What kind of mission is it? What's my group size? So instead I'll list some Hunters I have enormous professional respect for, independent of my personal opinion of them, which in some cases is... let's say "not great." That'd be, off the top of my head: Bix, Gale Gentry, Jordan Miller, Edith, Allan, Sunny, Konstantin Bashmet (depending on the circumstances), and tentatively Candace Pennington and Otto Graves, although I'd need to work with them more to confirm the initial impressions. I think Camille Ryland shows great potential and a correct mindset, which means she is going to be chewed up, spat out, and turned into a bitter and ineffectual husk of a Hunter, but for now I'd take her on as token sidekick.

OOC:
*he is
** maybe gryffindor, not because he is brave but because he wants to be heroic  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:42 pm
Zoobey

If I knew that the information would save future lives--in other words, if I knew that it would be USED, not just hoarded up--then I would tell the leads even if I knew I'd ******** die as a result, forget "surviving the encounter." Best case scenario there is I'm walking away with a burden of incredible guilt? ******** that. Anyone who'd keep this to themselves just to keep their reputation clean is lower than s**t.  

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rejam

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:51 pm
astrazilla
Taym: FMK: Maebe, Caelius, The Mother.

Tink: Is your memory truly that short, or are all the times you've been hurt compartmentalized elsewhere? Do you ever worry about things, late at night?

Taym: No, I refuse to do this.

Actually I don't, let's pretend for a minute that this is a reasonable question (which it isn't), and then the answer is almost easy.

You obviously kill The Mother, there isn't even a ******** hesitation there.

You ******** Caelius once, to get it over with. Close your eyes and think of England, type situation I guess. Maybe if you try hard enough you can focus on the hair and imagine it belongs to a beautiful woman. Also with that weapon and his constant parading around with a leadership boner he's probably compensating so maybe it wouldn't be too ******** terrible. I'm not stupid enough to assume I'm topping in this situation, I mean... it's... Caelius...

It leaves marrying Maebe by default, which is a miserable ******** sentence, but it's better than being married to Caelius and also kills zero relatively-innocent bystanders, because I might hate the b***h, but I don't want her to die. Also the game implies you ******** one person once, and ******** another person repeatedly, and clearly I'd rather ******** Maebe many times and Caelius once than vice versa.

All very logical.

God help us all.

Tink: Mostly I think I just think the best of people, like, people don't mean to be mean mostly, people just don't think a lot, so it's easy to forget, and I normally really do forget, but I mean forget in a weird way! I mean I don't think of it again mostly, but sometimes I will remember it if they are mean again in a similar way, or if someone brings it up, so it's there somewhere in a box but mostly the box doesn't get opened. Sometimes if I think people really are maybe just being mean it worries me. People are not always very kind to me because I am slow with things and it makes them frustrated, and I worry about frustrating people forever. I hope school makes it better a little. I'd like to make people happy instead of making them frustrated.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:32 pm
Taym:

What's the worst job you've ever had?
What is the perfect romantic date?
Do you think redemption is possible? If so, can anyone be redeemed, or are there only certain circumstances that can be? If not, why do you think nothing can redeem itself?  

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:51 pm
All the leaders of Deus have been killed. You (for some reason, just go with it) must appoint new leaders for each division. Who do you appoint and why? Do you make yourself a leader?  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff