Submit

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Fresh air, familiar city, old faces, watchful partner. Nakura was grateful for three of these things. The last he could have done without, but for now it wasn't going to get much better than this. He liked Faleen (as a human); he really did. He just wasn't fond of her hovering over his shoulder everywhere he went.

With his attempt to appeal to Hayes ending in failure, however, the grunt had no other choice. It was go out with supervision or not at all, and even that privilege was only granted to him in light of his recent good behavior (which had been tricky enough to maintain). The agent he believed would give him the most flexibility and understanding right now was none other than his own partner, so his partner it was. Now he just needed to find an excuse to slip away from her for a bit. Risky, true, but he was desperate.

He figured with how rarely Faleen went out, such an excuse shouldn't have been too hard to find. The only problem was that she rarely went out likely because the outside world didn't hold too much interest for her. People, places...what good were these things when she was perfectly happy tinkering away in her little workshop back at base? He'd tried multiple times before to show her the appeal of life outside headquarters, but she just didn't see it the same way Nakura did. If he was going to distract her, it would have to be with something completely different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:14 pm
When Izaya had approachable her about going out, Faleen's initial reaction to it was to deny his request, it wasn't until she had given herself a couple of seconds to think it over did she start to understand the progress that Izaya had been making, not just in training but in team work, and for the most part keeping out of trouble.

Faleen knew that the process wasn't going to be easy, it was his time to make himself into a good Rocket, or make himself into a lab subject, and she didn't trust his self control to do it for himself. So it was her job, to keep her partner alive.
He had been making good strides though, even on this last mission without her she had heard good things about his performance... so, she agreed to let him go into the city, though not with out her.

Dressed in uninteresting casual, Faleen looked like just another person on the streets of Camphoreon, she kept to herself, and that included her gaze, that she would only lift every now and then as a caution, though she had other unseen eyes looking out for her as well.
She wasn't overly fond of this city.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:29 pm
"Fa - er, Kylee-chan, I think you look a bit more suspicious dodging glances than if you were to just relax and look around like a normal person," Nakura whispered as he watched her, his expression a mix of mild amusement and pity. "Would it help if I had Riviere cloaking you or something?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:33 pm
"I'm a native to the city Nakua," Faleen replied "I behave no different then anyone else who's seen it all before." Hazel eyes glance up to her partner.
She felt he worried to much about how she acted and looked. When she was certain she wasn't behaving much differently then she normally would. surely she wasn't that conspicuous  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:40 pm
"Ahh...then maybe it's me who looks around too much at everyone else," he said, beaming up at the skyscrapers and bustling crowds. "I'm a native too, but I never tire of this."

He walked briskly for a man with a cane, though he couldn't skip through the streets as he normally did. He prayed to Arceus that Shizuo wasn't around today, though if he was, perhaps Faleen coming along wouldn't have been such a bad thing after all.

"Are you sure you don't want to go shopping while we're here? There's some colorful clothing in these department stores that...um, Aila-chan showed me."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:16 pm
Faleen glanced up to Izaya as he spoke, shaking her head lightly "Thank you, but no. unless there were clothes you needed to get for yourself, we can go as long as we're careful."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:10 pm
Smiling sheepishly, Nakura waved a hand. "No need, no need. Ah...though, there is someone I think you might be interested in meeting." No point in delaying any longer. Faleen was the sort who liked to get straight down to business.

Double-checking the address on his phone, the informant slowly wove his way through the throng of people until they had eventually made their way to some apartments. Looking up at the impassive buildings, he put away his cell and rocked back a little on his heels. At least until the pain in his leg reminded him he was injured and he stiffened, wincing.

"Ouch...well, this is it. Thank goodness it's not on the second floor...the thought of heading up all those steps is already making me grit my teeth." Hobbling forward with his cane, he checked the room numbers until he reached the one he'd been seeking. With a swift couple of knocks, he placed both hands on the top of his cane and smiled at Faleen as he waited.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:21 pm
Faleen glanced around the apartments as they paued by a door, glancing to the steps that Izaya was talking about, folding her hands behind her back and looking back to her partner "I could have carried you if it so required it." she said pointedly.

Glancing tot he door that he knocked, then back at Izaya. okay, so time to see what they came all the way out here to do.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm
A few moments passed in quiet inactivity before the sound of a lock turning accompanied the turn of the doorknob and the eventual opening of the door. A stout, middle-aged woman stood in the doorway, a dubious expression on her face and an unimpressed-looking Zangoose a short ways behind her. The woman fixed the pair with a hard, somewhat cautious stare, "I can't say I was expecting visitors today. Can I help you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:59 pm
"Ca-carried?!" The man's jaw dropped at Faleen's suggestion. Likely she hadn't pictured the exaggerated vision in Nakura's mind involving the agent carrying her partner up the steps bridal-style, but that was the image that popped up in his head nevertheless. Since the door wasn't immediately opened, he had enough time to recover from his flabbergasted state, though not enough to question the source of Faleen's idea.

Closing his mouth at the sound of the lock, he turned his attention back to the door, holding in his laughter with a tight grin and clutching his cane with one hand on top of the other. "Good morning! So sorry for coming by without prior notice, but this visit was kind of on a whim. This wouldn't still happen to be the residence of Emily Vogel, would it? I'm an old friend of hers."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm
attention was moved back to the door as it opened, though Faleen didn't say anything, thankfully she wouldn't need to as Izaya stepped in right away.
From here Faleen allowed Izaya to take over, standing back and watching quietly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:09 pm
The woman's expression didn't change. "I'm sorry, could I ask you to be a bit more specific? She has quite a few old friends, you see, and I can think of a few that she would rather not meet."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 pm
"Of course, of course," Nakura agreed. "Ah...well, I'm...Nakura and this is another friend of mine, Miss Kylee. Emily-chan wouldn't have met Kylee before, but I believe she just might have a business proposition for her if Emily is interested. We only need a few minutes of her time for her to hear us out." His fingers drummed atop his cane in anticipation. Whether it was the heat in combination with his fur-trimmed coat or perhaps just nerves, a few beads of sweat had begun to form on the grunt's brow.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:25 pm
The woman's eyes narrowed as she scrutinized the man in her doorway. "I see," she said at length. "Can I assume, then, that this has something to do with the little bird?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:04 pm
"Mm, I suppose so~" the man answered, thoughtfully scratching his head with a finger. "Assuming said little bird would be interested in a new, meaningful endeavor as opposed to picking at crumbs wherever she may find them."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff