Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:08 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/eerie-changes-to-sections-of-the-tos-site-closure/t.92907769_16/
o-o; Holy cow,when that get changed?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:34 pm
All I see are the words "not required to refund users payments" and "shut down at any time".

Could the Gaia staff be tossing us down a hole?

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 pm
I don't really know,figured I'd show you guys that the ToS changed in case of anything happening.o.o;  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:20 am
Yah, thanks.

Geeze I can't imagine that...

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:11 pm
Actually, almost all sites have clauses like that in their terms.
It's just so if they DO shut down, you won't have any claims against them for reimbursement or damages or anything.
Yes, I'm that freak the reads all the terms and rules of every thing I ever use. Sorry, don't want to commit to a contract that wants a soul I don't have.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:20 am
Queen Spazzy
It's just so if they DO shut down, you won't have any claims against them for reimbursement or damages or anything.
Yes, I'm that freak the reads all the terms and rules of every thing I ever use. Sorry, don't want to commit to a contract that wants a soul I don't have.

Woulda been nice if they alerted us the change though.
Or if they did,it musta gotten lost under the mass of announcements.@.@;  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:09 am
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

It would have, I'll agree!
A lot of sites put in a clause that goes something along the lines of "We may alert you to changes, so keep your account info up-to-date, but we reserve the right to say nothing and recommend checking our terms every time you use our services."
(I'm not kidding, when I set up my account for my Wii U, they seriously recommended that you check the terms every time you use the system.)
But as long as we don't get those insidious "we can charge you for anything at any time for any reason and you have to pay it or get lost" clauses, we're probably safe.
They put those in, though, and I'm out...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:22 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

A lot of sites put in a clause that goes something along the lines of "We may alert you to changes, so keep your account info up-to-date, but we reserve the right to say nothing and recommend checking our terms every time you use our services."
(I'm not kidding, when I set up my account for my Wii U, they seriously recommended that you check the terms every time you use the system.)
But as long as we don't get those insidious "we can charge you for anything at any time for any reason and you have to pay it or get lost" clauses, we're probably safe.

That'd be an evil thing to do to us if they done that.:<  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:29 pm
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

You might be surprised at the number of services that put evil little phrases like that in their terms.
A rather high percentage of free to play games have clauses like that.
I'm really paranoid so I always steer clear of companies that have stuff like that in legally binding contracts.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:40 pm
Queen Spazzy
Yuki_Windira
Queen Spazzy

You might be surprised at the number of services that put evil little phrases like that in their terms.
A rather high percentage of free to play games have clauses like that.
I'm really paranoid so I always steer clear of companies that have stuff like that in legally binding contracts.

I'm always careful about 'free' games since every 'free' game has some sort of pay to do something feature.That or it turns out to be a demo....>>  

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas