Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Crew and V.C sub [For Roleplay]
Daimyos & Economy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Panthers7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:18 am
Dii de Mer

Had0u

Death is not serene

Viceroyal Shane

The Lady of Nirvana

Heya guys! I talked to Nirv about this and I wanted to bring it to you guys and see how you felt. First off, Daiymos.

I think that we have enough numbers and adequate people to actually have Daiymos into the mix now. They will act as surpreme diplomacy, handle affairs of the land ( as well as extra buildings that may be built there) and make major decisions that cannot be made by the Kage alone.

I think by doing this, we'll have for one, less forums in the outer countries as well... you need permission and the funds to purchase that land. It will make a more hierarchal feel to the rp as well as make for many story lines and plots.

Also, I propose that these Daiymo of each Land be as strong as Kage. Here is my reasoning. I never understood why shinobi feared the Daiymos. Outside of money, shinobi could utterly obliterate a Daiymo and wipe out their entire bloodline. I'd say, to actually have an authority outside of the governmental rank, that they also have power to back up should their villages start to become out of control or go against their wishes. (And by that, I mean going against their wishes and doing an act that could be detrimental to the village and the country. Not because your undies are in a bunch. x.x )

2.) Also, I noticed we still have the economy system which is awesome. With this being in place, some of the costs will rely on the Daiymo as well as currency coming back to them. I don't know a good percentage that would be fair to accumulate that Daiymo's funds (separate of course from their personal funds) so everyone give me a estimate. Seeing as I am noticing percentages, possibly 10%-15% of every shinobi in the village in addition to the village's bank? Seeing as I want the daimyo, if need be, able to assist the village in funds if they have the ability to do so.

3.) This also leads to me wondering if we should go Wall Street. Were businesses can be purchased and a portion of the income from that business is made to the owner and or investors. Money, in this sense, equals power. This will be especially useful, should a village be forced or made hail underneath another.

What do you all think so far?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:06 am
1. The daimyo should be able to donate to the village considering it's basically the military force of the nation, so yes I agree.

2. The daimyo must always be stronger than the Kage in resources and military power, however. Otherwise feudalism doesn't work.

The daimyo also should, as an RPC, be as strong as or stronger than the Kage considering this is an RP and can't be run like real life. If an RPC Kage tries to overthrow the daimyo, they need to be able to defend themselves or the title is worthless.

3. The daimyo needs something to do. Thanks to feudalism the Kage is essentially more influential in their own territory than the daimyo is there. Think of the Kage as a Count or a Duke. They are nigh-autonomous except for with certain things, like wartime and taxes.

4. The daimyo will have to be carefully selected. BUT-

5. They don't really have to do as much as the Kage just from first glance. Training people and keeping a village alive is what keeps NUR going. Kage are responsible for this. Which probably makes it almost as if the daimyo were upper-echelon Kage but without the responsibilities.

Perhaps our NUR vision of the daimyo should be altered. Make them more interactive with the village they govern. Make them take on shinobi as their assassins and personal guard. That way they truly involve themselves in the village matters and don't just sit around being themselves.  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Panthers7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 am
Viceroyal Shane
1. The daimyo should be able to donate to the village considering it's basically the military force of the nation, so yes I agree.

2. The daimyo must always be stronger than the Kage in resources and military power, however. Otherwise feudalism doesn't work.

The daimyo also should, as an RPC, be as strong as or stronger than the Kage considering this is an RP and can't be run like real life. If an RPC Kage tries to overthrow the daimyo, they need to be able to defend themselves or the title is worthless.

3. The daimyo needs something to do. Thanks to feudalism the Kage is essentially more influential in their own territory than the daimyo is there. Think of the Kage as a Count or a Duke. They are nigh-autonomous except for with certain things, like wartime and taxes.

4. The daimyo will have to be carefully selected. BUT-

5. They don't really have to do as much as the Kage just from first glance. Training people and keeping a village alive is what keeps NUR going. Kage are responsible for this. Which probably makes it almost as if the daimyo were upper-echelon Kage but without the responsibilities.

Perhaps our NUR vision of the daimyo should be altered. Make them more interactive with the village they govern. Make them take on shinobi as their assassins and personal guard. That way they truly involve themselves in the village matters and don't just sit around being themselves.

1) Agreed

2.) Agreed

3.) Agreed

4.) What was the "But" for T.T

5.) Definitely agreed. I was thinking about having Daiymo's a more acting force. Either as a Mod, to help with village arcs. Or in helping the village out in certain dire times; specifically, when it is a threat against the country as a whole.

Basically, they'll actively be helping the village from afar and at times directly, but not so much that it is taking over the role of a Kage  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:07 am
Pan pan, tis a good idea. In all honesty I would actually be glad to see Daiymo for a damn change. Rather than some played around idea in the background of RP and actually be a tangible entity... The thought of it is intoxicating even.

Also. SAMURAI D;<  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

Panthers7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:17 am
Zahara Valtarine
Pan pan, tis a good idea. In all honesty I would actually be glad to see Daiymo for a damn change. Rather than some played around idea in the background of RP and actually be a tangible entity... The thought of it is intoxicating even.

Also. SAMURAI D;<

Lol, that's what I'm trying to avoid here. Now, we'll actually be bringing up a tangible entity. ^-^

That would be a nice change in pace. Actual samurai who'd be restrictive to Buki, Ken, and... I think Battojutsu. It would add a lot more diversity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:26 am
Panthers7
Zahara Valtarine

Also. SAMURAI D;<

Lol, that's what I'm trying to avoid here. Now, we'll actually be bringing up a tangible entity. ^-^

That would be a nice change in pace. Actual samurai who'd be restrictive to Buki, Ken, and... I think Battojutsu. It would add a lot more diversity.

Kenjutsu, Yarijutsu, Kyujutsu.

Iaido, Battoujutsu, Kendo  

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

Panthers7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:23 am
Aweome n.n Well that is two out of seven. If we can get more than 55% of agreeance in the Crew, should we motion for it to pass?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:34 am
The idea of having Daimyos is a good one, but flawed. The reason why the Daimyos held so much power and were non combative is because they could always pay for the body guard service. I mean... You have a whole village backing you. The Kage only gets paid as much as he deserves. Take the Sand Village for example. The Daimyo of the Wind Country began using other villages to do his work, because of that, his village suffered economically. Going against the feudal lord is about as smart as having sex with a rock. They, in theory, have vast amounts of gold. More than anyone in the villages will ever have. Top that off with taxes from the lands and their money continues to grow.

They hold absolute power because of their money. Ninjas are far too loyal in actuality to really stand up against it.

I still like it, and I believe that we should incorporate it. However, lets not say that they have to be the supreme overlord god. Otherwise it'd be unbalanced. It should be anyone who can afford the land. To start off, maybe that idea is shot since none of us have money right now, but for future reference, it shouldn't be passed down to anyone. It should be bought once the old Daimyo dies.

Also, a samurai in this guild is about as scary as a teddy bear in a guild wear people can just completely overwhelm people with jutsus.  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:40 am
Hiro Totally Has A Soul

It is basically the King though, don't forget that lol. There is a royal line. It is no different than in real life feudalism.

I doubt they'd let the daimyo simply buy the country if the previous dies. People are too ambitious anyhow. Their children would definitely expect to inherit and they would already have the trust of the people. Buying an entire country would never work because the people would rebel.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:26 am
Viceroyal Shane
Hiro Totally Has A Soul

It is basically the King though, don't forget that lol. There is a royal line. It is no different than in real life feudalism.

I doubt they'd let the daimyo simply buy the country if the previous dies. People are too ambitious anyhow. Their children would definitely expect to inherit and they would already have the trust of the people. Buying an entire country would never work because the people would rebel.

But succession in the RP is so faulty. Lol. Its why we got rid of that idea in Axiom. Making it an inheritance based on a family is... Eh.

In terms of their power, will they be able to choose who assumes the position as kage? They do in the anime. You have to be careful with how powerful a Daimyo is. Otherwise, the Kage position is like, second tier. Where as it was just the most powerful and prestigious position like... Ever.  

Hiro the Herp

Dedicated Zealot

5,550 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:35 am
Hiro Totally Has A Soul

Well just like in Axiom we still have dynasties.

Just say that the inheritor -- chosen by the crew -- becomes a part of the previous daimyo's dynasty. Makes more sense that way. They basically get 'adopted', like how it often was in SPQR.

Also, no, they wouldn't choose Kage. The crew would. But the daimyo would still have influence over the Kage and the village.

I think it would be more interesting than the same-old, same-old.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:10 pm
I like the aspect of adoption that Shane proposed. It gives a leeway, as opposed to a person with big pockets just buying their way in; which as stated, could cause quite a commotion.

@Hiro: I don't plan on the Daiymo being god strength. That is not the intent in the least. Just I would like them to have strength OF a Kage should unsavory attempt to occur to them.

But in no way, will they be...supreme of supreme and what not.  

Panthers7

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm
3 positive votes so far, no negative

Can we just start working on this?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:50 pm
Shane-senpai
3 positive votes so far, no negative

Can we just start working on this?
Starting on it now :3  

Panthers7

Panthers7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 pm
1.) Alright. As far as Daiymo's, they should have the power over the land (the country) and I'd say even the major development of the village. As essentially, the Kage's should mostly just have power over the military aspect.

- What do you all think?  
Crew and V.C sub [For Roleplay]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff