Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:30 pm
Tambrey had been out for... well, actually, Lasi wasn't even sure; days were a hard enough concept as it was, but in an underground, under a lake base? It could have been one stupidly looooong day, or it could have been a week, or it could have been... any time at all, really.

The Crobat was /reasonably/ sure it had been -more- than he had every right to expect though, and he'd gotten, as well as worried, -really- bored.
That nice grunt with mop on her head- hair, like most humans, but... well, a sunshine-y mop, he thought it looked like- had been kind enough to give him a lot of cookies, which was nice.
But she wasn't always there, and so, neither were cookies.
Tambrey was there, but she was disturbingly still and silent, and Lasi was not keen on this.

Plus, he really wasn't getting any exercise in that room...
The bat had wandered out with the intention of exercising himself, and maybe finding someone with more snacks.

What he had eventually found, after becoming distracted more than once, was a way up to the garages.
Up here was kind of nice- it smelt weird, but sometimes the smell of 'outside' could be detected from vehicles and people, just under the 'oily' smell that he wasn't -entirely- sure he liked.

It was a good place to roost though, and some unfortunate human had left a wrench on a workbench, he discovered.
Well, he felt like chewing something, and who ever was using this wrench before had left it here so they weren't using it now... So taking it was surely fine. Besides, it was rather relaxingly shiny in some places, and the grip did look like it would be very satisfying to chew at...
The bat grabbed it in his teeth and fluttered upward to hang upside down, chomping at his prize.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:23 pm
Sometimes, during his time off, Frost liked to do routine maintenance and basic repairs on the basic fleet of cars. It was soothing in its simplicity, there was satisfaction in a job well done, and it gave his mind time to wander to his projects. There was an added bonus to all of that as well, namely nobody bothered him when he was under a car.

For now however he had finished and so he wiped his hands on a rag, climbed out of the inspection pit, and then cleaned his hands with disinfectant gel. As he repeated this reassuring routine however he noticed that all was not right with the world; his wrench was missing. He had been using it a little earlier and had planned to return it to his toolbox along with all of the other tools he had been using.

Somebody had taken it.

Frost's lips pursed slightly and he turned neatly on his heel to address a crowd of grunts who were clustered around an old truck. "Very humorous, you must have been quite quiet to avoid my notice. Return my tool now and there will be no further consequences, I do not have times for your games."

The grunts exchanged look and muttered amongst themselves.

Frost's lips pursed a little tighter.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:28 pm
Lasi looked down... Which, really, was the equivalent to the pink bat looking 'up' really...

He'd heard, and seen, the recognizable man climbing out of the pit- he knew this human! It was Frost! Lasi did like Frost.

Frost didn't seem to be very happy- scratch that, Lasi wasn't sure what a 'very happy' Frost looked like- but he seemed -less- happy than usual, and shouting about something missing.

Boy, whoever took whatever was missing was going to be in a lot of trouble, the bat mused, absent-mindedly chewing on the wrench while he watched the scene below.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 am
"Not guilty sir, honest! Wouldn't dream of it!" exclaimed one of the grunts, raising her hands placatingly.

Frost arched an eyebrow and started to walk towards the huddle. "Really. Is that the case. I don't see anybody else around... are you suggesting it moved by itself?"

"Well, no, of course not," the grunt continued quickly, glancing around for her fellows but finding that they had all taken a smart step back from her. "But we didn't touch it sir, honest, we've not been anywhere near you!"

"Mmmmh. Really." Frost tilted his head slightly to the side, coming to a halt uncomfortably close to the grunt and lifting his chin slightly to meet the tall woman's gaze. "That is your final answer, is it?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:54 pm
"Mm-Cro'mm!" Lasi added a mumble-y voice in agreement with Frost; things just didn't move on their own... Well, unless a psychic pokémon was involved... Or a ghost... Or an invisible pokémon... Or a magnetic pokémon... But still, -none- of those were here!

In fact, the only pokémon that had been near Frost's tools in a while was -him- and he thought he'd know if he'd seen anything being taken by a pokémon!

The wrench swiveled from one side of his mouth to the other.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:04 pm
In the silence of the garage the slight noise carried rather well. Frost's head jerked up and his icy blue eyes fixed on the pink bat. "Ahhhh. Carry on grunts." Already tuning away from them as he spoke Frost reached for the heavy ball at his belt and released its occupant, a Metagross. Frost motioned for the steel type to lie itself out flat, climbed onto its head and then motioned upwards.

Arms folded neatly behind his back the pale man drifted serenely up towards Lasi, his gaze not faltering even for a moment.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:09 pm
Ooh! Frost-friend could fly now! That was kind of neat! And he was coming all the way up to see Lasi.

The pink bat grinned happily and waved a large wing at the man as he approached; he'd still completely forgotten just what he was chewing, and drooling, thanks to the grin, on.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:13 pm
"Disgusting," Frost murmured as Koios came to a halt, leaving him face to face with the inverted bat. "How does she tolerate you I wonder? She should increase her control, as I have over Koios here." The Metagross no longer entertained ideas of freedom and self determination; it had taken years to break that brilliant mind and bend it to his will but he had succeeded in the end.

Frost held out his hand to Lasi, lips curling ever so slightly with distaste.

"You will return my possession, bat. Return it quickly and I will not have to punish you."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:25 pm
Well that didn't seem like the nice, happy, greeting that Lasi had wanted, but then Frost was always like this, so this probably -was- a happy Frost greeting, Lasi supposed; after all, he was a nice bat! So people didn't often dislike him, he was sure.
It must have been Frost's way of saying 'hello'.

He wasn't entirely sure why -he- was suddenly being accused of taking the missing item though.
"Cro?" He queried, chewing thoughtfully on the wrench.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:39 pm
Was it stubborn or stupid? Frost tilted his head to the side again. "The wrench, bat. You are chewing on it. I don't know why you thought you had the right to touch it, let alone take it and defile it. Return it to me now." With Tambery in the infirmary the bat should be locked up in its pokeball, not out here causing problems. "Why are you here in the first place?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:56 pm
The wrench?
Oh! The wrench!
He had no idea what 'defile' meant; perhaps it meant chew? Oh well, no harm done, as far as he was concerned; teeth marks usually made things 'more special'- he remembered Tambrey saying that 'now stuff had character' when he'd chewed it occasionally...

He beamed to let Frost know he was welcome for the addition of 'character' to his wrench, and then leaned forward a little to spit/drop the tool when Frost asked for it.

The last question, however, required a lengthy explanation, and entirely forgetting that Frost couldn't understand him, he launched into one...
"Crobat cro batbat cro cro," He spread his wings to emphasize the point "bat crobat cro! Crobat... Croooo... Bat cro crobat, bat..." He looked slightly sad for a moment, but then grinned at Frost again. "Cro crobat!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:02 pm
Frost tapped the Metagross he was standing on lightly with his right foot as the wrench was dropped; Koios took the hint and halted it in mid air.

"You know I have no idea what you're saying," Frost pointed out to the Crobat. "Where is your pokeball? You will take me to it." Then he could return the wretched beast, engage the pokeball's lock, and then put it somewhere safe until Tambery was ready to claim it. "You are fortunate I recognized you; had I not I would have been forced to assume you were a hostile and take you down." The chances of a hostile's pokemon making it into the base were slim to none but that didn't mean one could go around taking risks.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:44 pm
Lasi tilted his head.
He was not a hostile! Frost knew that! Besides, Frost would recognise his awesome pinkness! He was a very handsome bat!

He didn't really want to take Frost to his pokéball.
The bat shook his head 'no' and smiled at the engineer winningly; he wanted to stay out here for the moment.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:54 am
"Well you can't stay here," Frost replied with a small shake of his head. "I don't trust you not to steal anything else." He would rather not start a battle in here, the last thing he wanted was to damage any of the fleet so he would have to persuade the bat to leave some other way. "Perhaps you are hungry?" It was probably about time he had something himself, by getting the bat to accompany him he would be killing two birds with one stone... though he might have to watch it eat.

Yuck.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:12 am
Lasi decided to try upside-down puppy-dog eyes; that often worked when he wanted something from Tambrey; and right now, he wanted to stay here!
He promised not to steal anything! Not that he could vocalize that for Frost...

But then, Frost had a -better- idea! Food!
Food was excellent! And Lasi was nearly always hungry!

The pink bat 'nodded', flapped his wings excitedly, and proceeded to do an upside-down little dance of appreciation.
Food? Very yes, please.  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff