[B] Eye of the Storm [Starburst & Snow Storm]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She was getting rounder by the day, it seemed, her future children making it hard for the usually carefree and wild doe to get about with her routine frolicking, chasing...all manner of moving. Storm felt encumbered, but it was not an unwelcome weight, simply...new. Her second clutch. There was something wildly exciting and unparalleled in being terrifying about the very notion of her as a mother. She wasn't exactly maternal material, but she'd taken the dalliance and the MotherFather saw fit to bless her with an ever widening belly...

She'd only heard of Legendaries in passing and had never truly taken much mind to think on them. Now, however, she could see the merit in their stories -- and she supposed that made her just another knocked-up doe asking for help and guidance, but...she needed the help. Oh MotherFather, how she ever needed help!

Amorpheous with an edit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 pm
Starburst followed the tug that meant that an expecting parent was nearby. She ran along the tree tops, taking impossibly long leaps from one tree to the next until she was hovering just above the kin that had drawn her here.

She smiled down at the doe, calling out, "Congratulations!"

Chrystali
Sorry it's so short! I have a bit of a headache and keep getting distracted....

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:52 pm
Storm wobbled on her legs and nearly splayed out neatly upon the ground at the sudden words chirped out, startled as she was. She turned in a tight circle, amber eyes seeking some sort of form, something to recognize -- and she instead found herself looking up.

Was that a cheetah in the trees?

She gaped, both shocked and impressed. "Thank you?" Only a few seconds later did it register what the feline had said (it spoke?!) and what it was referring to (it knew?!)...which also told her exactly who - and what - it was. Brightening, a smile took over her slack-jawed surprise, her ears lifting in happy greetings. "Thank you!" she repeated, much more amicable that time. "Good day! Have you found me then as I seek you?"

Amorpheous
IT'S OKAY, I'm sick and stuffy-headed, WE'RE AWESOME <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:17 pm
Starburst dropped down gracefully from the branch, landing softly on her paws. She smiled.

"Perhaps," she quipped. "I do always seem to find the expecting mothers and fathers in the area."

Chrystali
We are so functional!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:32 pm
"What an amazing boon to be granted," Storm marveled, making ample room for the feline to land neatly. "I admit, I didn't know what I was looking for -- surely not an animal. They've never talked to me, anyway, for all the talking I've done! But I digress..."

She chuckled, bowing her head by way of apology. There was mirth still in her gaze, but trouble still lingered on her upturned brow. "If you can - if you would - I could really use your help." The doe's voice soften, a smidgen of doubt lingering on the edges. "This is not my first clutch, but I am quite fond of the father and we're both a bit...oh, how to say..." Storm pursed her lips in a most unlady-like fashion before she brightened with the word needed. "Flighty! We're both a bit flighty. I'm all gangly and gung ho and he's all sneaky and...well, if you don't mind me saying, cat like..."

The smile she wore was a little tired and more than a little hopeful. "I just really don't want our bundles of joy to be like us. I want them to be more...you know. Sensible. Self-reliant. I don't know how this works, but I'd do anything for a little guidance."

Amorpheous
*HIGH-FIVES* YES WE ARE. /drags face to make dinner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm
Starburst nods and kneads the soft ground beneath her paws, tail flicking back and forth as she listens to the doe speak.

"There is nothing wrong with being flighty. It does not mean you are sensible, it merely means that you find freedom where others might not." She paused before continuing, "There is self-reliance in being flighty, in going from place to place, strength in being able to do that without a heavy heart."

"Tell me, why do you seek stability for your children? What leads you to the conclusion that being grounded would be the better outcome for them?"

Chrystali
/crawls into bed with a icepack tied to leg

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24 am
Now this was interesting! She hadn't counted on a philosophical debate about what it really meant to be what she was asking for. Storm wasn't one for being wordy or very cerebral, but she was going to try her best. For her children's sake.

"You're absolutely right -- there's nothing wrong with how I am, how he is. We're great!" Storm beamed for a moment, but her expression again sobered into a touch of seriousness. "My first clutch, they're more like me. There's nothing wrong with it, but...I don't know how they are. I don't even know if they're alive. I guess I feel maybe I let them down because I raised them to my benefit instead of theirs." The doe clicked her jaw to the side as she thought, seeking the words that eluded her so. "Maybe they're perfectly happy and having clutches of their own. But I'll never know."

So the answer. How could she say it in a way that didn't sound as childish as it felt? Some were just more maternal than others, she guessed. "I seek stability so they have the freedom to choose who and how they want to be, instead of just being a product of my nature. I want them to be grounded because...as a mother, I want more for them than I have. I want them to be bigger and better and smarter and more amazing than me and I don't know how to do that with...you know, how...limited I am." She chuckled; despite her words, she was by no means self-deprecating. Storm just wanted things for her children that she lacked in herself. "So...maybe my little ones and I could teach each other in that way, but they'll need all the help they can get."

Amorpheous
WHAT'D YOU DO TO YOUR LEG? D: And sorry for delay, oh god the sick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:48 pm
Starburst nodded as the doe spoke. She didn't agree, necessarily, but it was an answer from the heart, given in good faith and with good intentions. She smiled up at the doe before stretched up onto her hind legs to bump the doe tenderly, nose to nose. "Perhaps you feel limited now, but flightiness is no more a limit that being. Look and maybe you will find that your limits are merely foundations and starting points from which you are actually capable of branching out."

She settled onto her haunches, tail wrapped around to rest on her paws, as she considered what blessing to give to this doe and her children. "May your children see what they want to see, feel what they feel, and walk the journey of life with their hooves on the ground and their heart with the stars, grounded and free in turn as the journey demands it of them."

Chrystali
Just a shin splint. I just can't give it any rest right now, so I'm icing it any chance I have and hoping that I'm not making it too much worse by continuing to use it.
Take care of yourself, Chrys! <3

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 am
Storm lidded her eyes when their noses touched, feeling truly blessed -- not in the sense that the being before her was touched by the MotherFather, but because she'd met such a kind, considerate soul, was given encouragement and a patient ear. It was new to her, and it filled her with joy.

She listened the entire time, expression awe-touched, ears slightly lowered in humble reception. "Thank you," she murmured demurely, bowing her head to the cheetah. "Not only for your blessing for my children, but...for being you. It's -- it's obvious to me why the MotherFather picked you." Smiling sweetly, she was about to bid the Legendary farewell, knowing the cheetah had more places to be and couldn't sit with her idly all day --

Storm perked up, shock awash on her face. "I'm so sorry! I was so excited to meet you, I didn't -- I didn't meet you! I'm Snow Storm, and I am eternally grateful to you."

Amorpheous
I'M SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. Been having bursts of dizziness when I look at the screen for more than 30 minutes, less if I'm reading. I HOPE YOUR SHIN FEELS BETTER. Q~Q CAN WRAP THIS UP. <3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:06 am
Starburst ducked her head, pleased and flattered. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about it, I did not introduce myself either. It is a pleasure to meet you, Snow Storm. I am Tastes Like Summer and I am glad to have met you. If you ever need someone to talk to, seek me out, and I will find you."
She smiled at the doe. "I am often near The Den of the The Mothers Club and we will always welcome you and your children."

Chrystali
AHHH! SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER TO RESPOND! I hope you're feeling tons better now!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:14 am
"The Mother's Club...I'll remember that." She looked absolutely tickled by the notion that a summer named Legendary had just blessed the children of a snow named kin, finding that also suited their meeting impressively. "Thank you -- I feel like I can do this. I wont keep you any longer, your time is so precious! Thank you, thank you so much!"

And bowing her head in gratitude more times than one, her hooves crossed in her attempt to walk backwards, and once she straightened herself out, she cast the cheetah a grateful smile, returning to the Swamp to find a safe place for her unborn to enter the world.

Amorpheous
STILL SICK but WAY better. Thank you so much for doing this for me! ;v; I feel like Storm may have made a friend >v<

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games