[B]A Curious Song

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:20 pm
Dance to Forget was not one for long conversations, or really, any conversation at all. He preferred the language of song, the rhythms and movements that conveyed feelings instead of words. And yet, here he was. A father to be. Moving through the swamp, humming as always, he gazed about its wonder for something new to catch his interest.

Or, perhaps, for nothing to interest him at all.

Would his children be like him? Did he even care? Dance mulled this over in his head, his song darkening slightly along with his thoughts. He'd never really considered being a father... what was he meant to do?

"Darn it all," he hummed slightly, flicking his ears. "Aren't there meant to be kin in these swamps that bless you and your young...? Or perhaps that, too, is a tale."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."There are kin who have the ability to bless young," a voice comes calling airily out of the canopy. "Though they are under no obligation to do so."

"But don't worry, they are not just a tale."
If his looks up, even his zikwa eyes should be able to pick up the bright glow of a pair of eyes staring down at him.

Moonstone Dazzle

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:51 am
At the sound of another voice, Dance's neck craned upwards to allow him to see the stranger. Only eyes met his- no body seemed to be behind them. He blinked once, twice, very slow and deliberate motions. Aside from the eyes, Dance almost seemed deathly still in the face of the strange creature.

"It seems," he trilled aloud, still motionless, "the swamp has some songs I've not yet heard." Finally, he smiled, and allowed himself to bow before the mysterious creature.

"May I hear your wondrous voice, O strange one? I long for songs unsung and stories untold."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:28 pm
"I have many stories to tell, but I am more interested in yours, cousin from the caves." Starburst said easily. "And perhaps the story the concerns me most is the story of you and your mate, and of your future children. Tell me about them, about your past and their future and perhaps you shall receive a blessing."  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:53 pm
"Mine is a tale just as anyone else's. I was born, opened mine eyes to the darkness... But it was the swamp who sang to me. When I listened her sweet tones called to mine hooves and begged me to dance with her. So I came." Here he smiled, closing his eyes and humming. Her song was ever present, ringing in his ears and sinking to his core. How could the Kimeti of this place ever wish to leave?

"And she... My mate... Hers is a coat as mine, or so she says. She does not glow as we do, my kind, but she tells me a tale of deep markings that run the length of her, dazzling and ornate as any song. She is a kind heart, born of the swamp song... As were you!" His laugh was musical, and he opened his eyes to give her the courtesy of 'looking' at her once more.

"I do not know what sort of father I shall be, nor what sort of children they... But I am excited nonetheless."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:02 pm
"Tell me what you wish for them. In idle dreams, what do you see?" She implored, for that was the price of her blessing, stories and answers, wishes and dreams. She was a legendary that traded in personal knowledge and insight.  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:39 pm
"Songs. Song that the swamp has never heard, dances her eyes have never beheld." He laughed once more, a musical little trill on the wind. If they could bring to the swamp something it had not yet beheld... Yes, that would be just fine.

"I want them to live with open ears. To dance as they see fit. To live without abandon."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:42 pm
"Why do you dream of this? What of yourself lives in this wish for them?" And there was, perhaps, her final question.  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:16 pm
"What lives of me? Nothing, I should hope, but my blood," he answered sincerely, mulling the question over but only a moment.

"I want them to live their own lives. Their mistakes, their successes, be entirely their own and none of mine."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:22 pm
Perhaps that was not the answer she was hoping for, for it seemed he did not quite understand that she wanted to know why, she wanted to know more about him. But still, she was not in the habit of forcing kin to answer questions twice. "Very well then, may your children live healthy lives so that they might live the lives that they choose for themselves.

With that, she leaped away, disappearing from view, off to search for more answers, more stories, more knowledge.  

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas