Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Life is Just a Game (Bolt x Art) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:13 pm
I'm lazy and I've probably retyped these thing hundreds of times
I think my recent one is pretty legit, one thing though that is commonly mentioned is a book.
It looked pretty average but was linked to another dimension and could alter anything about it upon just writing it in the book. The man who owned it used this book to write his notes for a game he was making, the worst being hit by these written alterations were the "main characters" of the game he was planning, who were chosen solely because they were the closest match to the base description of the man's characters.

I guess it's a story of it's own that preceded this event.

(before anything else the name of the friend is Naomi Chambers)

(The colored stuff is the old stuff and mostly color refs
the sketches are pretty much the new stuff)

Human

User Image
User Image

Mr Fluffbutt
User Image
User Image

Major (real name Jason Lee)
Hispanic/Italian American
He's the self appointed leader of his team and the first affected by the book.
Major's not really much for giving orders but prefers a democracy way of conducting business.
Despite his powers over fire and earth he's hard to anger and is more interested in buddying up rather than beating someone down which is what he's more than capable of doing.
Major's a shapeshifter and his alternate form somewhat resembles that of a Fu Dog, he has more control of himself than the others but it's not that much.

Human
User Image

Half (or rather 1/3 maybe)
User Image
User Image

Batface
User ImageUser Image

Vancouver (real name Everett Denali)
Japanese/German American
Van was around the second affected by the book, and didn't actually mind the change except for the fact that there were probably more downsides than he'd like to realize. His new powers over electricity with the added bonus of dealing toxins, getting used to both stimulants messing with nerve and the chemical balances in his brain has been a bumpy ride.
He has enough energy to compete a elementary school full of children with a sugar rush and with also being an Chimera shifter his animal instincts can come into play.
If it wasn't for his companion spirit keeping him in check there would just be another power crazy lunatic in their already chaotic world.
On his "down" days Van's still fairly talkative, he's not a fan of strangers but the few people he let's in his life he's extremely loyal to.He can be very vulgar but means well in the long run, he enjoys joking around and making people laugh.

Human
User Image

Buzzbutt
User Image

Ryan Hopper Perkins ( Perkinator poor boy doesn't have a nickname )
Some pot smoking British bum European American
he was a shapeshifter like his undiscovered "pack mates". He could turn into a raptor/hornet hybrid and had the ability to command swarms of stinging insects though he wasn't too clear on if he had gotten said abilities from his demon captors that raised him to kill his father or the scientist that allegedly experimented on him as the in game story states. It goes without saying if the short man knew the game creator who rewrote his life story he'd probably ask for some of what he/she'd been smoking.
He's a fighter like the rest of this gang of misfits but being that he is a paramedic he was purposed to be more on the healer side
though he doesn't have healing powers himself he uses a defibrillator that was enchanted to be a cure all and also one of his weapons when changed to an alternate setting.

Human
User Image

Free Willy
User Image

Hurricane ( real name Carter Greyson )
Swiss American
he was an ex navy seal who was ready to settle down and with his fiance and her young daughter and have the family he's always wanted. However this wasn't included in the game creators plans his written changes overwrote a majority of Hurricane's life so he was basically left "alone" with last job as a firefighter/emt and a group of others like him and an aggressive companion spirit that isn't a stranger to possessing him to get what it wants.
Hurricane has power over water and uses his psychic abilities to manipulate air, he's also able to shapeshift into a creature that closely resembles his companion spirit.
Losing your future family is something hard to forget and his current situation isn't better off so Cane's rather quiet and keeps to himself. He almost never seen angry (his spirit is a different story) but he's serious and exact in everything he does. Over the years Hurricane is closer to come to terms that it's best to forget the past so he's a little more open to interact with others if someone is trying to help and befriend him but he's only reluctant due to companion spirit Emerson who has a tendency to snap at strangers.

User Image
User Image
User Image

Hemsi
120?
Alien
Hemsi is an alien shapeshifter that comes from a race that tends to resemble man made machines, a long time resident of earth,
currently works as an ambulance and an paramedic and the four's transport, but mostly ambulance since imitating a human form completely is hard and her services for the guys isn't always needed when 3 of them can fly.
She surprises easily, flashes lights and blares sirens when scared or upset.
Hemsi Is fairly mischievous in her "vehicle" form.She was more or less a joke character that made the final cut in the game.

Just bio

User Image

???
Alien
Indira or "Biohazard" is an alien from a distant plant that has influence over viruses and radiation which she can use in various ways. She is allegedly boss/trouble maker in the game though most of the mini bosses caused a majority of the grief. she was actually quite familiar with the group when she was younger and in a way knows everyone's strengths and weaknesses, however when her powers fully developed she became obsessed with making mutants like her and went on a self assigned quest to make the residents of the city "beautiful" in her twisted way, though world domination was also an idea since it was fairly easy for her to take over the city with her numerous mutant slaves.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 pm
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard

I would love to Rp with you. Number 2 sounds cool and really interesting.

Cool, there's not much else to add I don't recall. I can go make a topic
are you a profile or no profile person?, I need to put up a little info for my peeps for the "instruction manual".

I can do either really. It's whatever you want to do. We can do a profile to serve as a sort of guide, or a minimal of name and picture and leave the rest open to discover in the rp. I'm good with either.

Not too well in the naiming department,
but yeah I won't put anything for the friend that stays over for the night of the incident but I can only assume that everyone will know at least something about these characters before hand. You don't really need to put anything down like you said we can learn about them in the future.
There's also one more thing, are you ok with doubling with the brother (or making her a sister if you don't play boys?)
I don't want to monopolize all the parts and in the beginning only a few game characters will be out and about.  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard

are you a profile or no profile person?, I need to put up a little info for my peeps for the "instruction manual".

I can do either really. It's whatever you want to do. We can do a profile to serve as a sort of guide, or a minimal of name and picture and leave the rest open to discover in the rp. I'm good with either.

but yeah I won't put anything for the friend that stays over for the night of the incident but I can only assume that everyone will know at least something about these characters before hand. You don't really need to put anything down like you said we can learn about them in the future.
There's also one more thing, are you ok with doubling with the brother (or making her a sister if you don't play boys?)
I don't want to monopolize all the parts and in the beginning only a few game characters will be out and about.

I have no problem with doubling as the brother. So are we doing pictures, and a little profile?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:44 pm
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard

I have no problem with doubling as the brother. So are we doing pictures, and a little profile?

Cool, and yeah I was in the process of getting old ones and removing the fluff so they'll be short, i'll put them in the first post when i'm done.
either of us can start of with the first post so if your ready (and i'm most likely sleep since it's 1:45am here) feel free to go ahead.  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28 pm
Bolt BioHazard

User Image

Violet Harries
Japanese/American
Being raised by a dad that was hardly there because he was shut in his room designing games, had an affect on Violet. She wasn't a very sociable person, and only had a few people she found didn't give her a headache when she was around them for some periods of time. She would spend her time downloading illegal copies of beta versions of the latest video games, testing them, and then criticizing them when needed. It eventually became a business for her, people even began sending them their video games to try out for free. Her brother on the other hand was the musician. When they were younger, Violent sent her brother's drumsticks through his drums because the loud sound was giving her a headache. Even though they've had their moments, the two siblings are still close. As of right now, Violet is in her senior year of high school, and if she does go to college, it'll probably be for art/design so she can design her own video games, like her father. As for personality, she is usually quiet, and tends to hide her emotions well. Although things like video games and sweets excite her and make her happy.

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

User Image

Alex Harries
Japanese/American
Alex never was into video games like his sister. He would rather live his own life than someone else's. He was more into music. He would sit in his room, and play guitar all day if he could. Of course he was different than his sister, but that didn't mean they didn't get a lot. He loved her, and since their father wasn't around a lot because of business, they did grow close. He's protective over her, even when she frustrates him. Alex is a serious type person, but tends to joke around with his sister. He is more sociable than his siblings, and thinks more clearly when put in stressful situations. Like his sister, he's into the arts, and is currently going to college for music.

User ImageXXXUser ImageXXXUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:42 pm
artblockalways

so who's going to start?
I can do it in a few minutes after i check up on everything. (i was just making sure you weren't already in the middle of a post lol)  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:46 pm
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways

so who's going to start?
I can do it in a few minutes after i check up on everything. (i was just making sure you weren't already in the middle of a post lol)

Sorry it keeps changing, and sending you notifications, I was messing around with the editing and finishing stuff up. You can start if you'd like.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 am
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways

so who's going to start?

Sorry it keeps changing, and sending you notifications, I was messing around with the editing and finishing stuff up. You can start if you'd like.

I was freaking out lol thanks for letting me know, i'll either edit this post or post my reply in a new one.  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:18 am
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways
Bolt BioHazard
artblockalways

so who's going to start?

I was freaking out lol thanks for letting me know, i'll either edit this post or post my reply in a new one.

Yeah I don't usually do that, where it'll send you a bunch of notifications every time I edit it, it sends you a notice. Usually I don't submit my post then edit it a bunch of times, but I accidentally hit the submit button when I meant to hit preview, and then I would find mistakes and have to change it...and it was a mess. I promise I don't always do that lol, it was an accident. But I'll probably reply in the morning if you make the first post tonight, because it's 3 am here and I'm exhausted lol  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:37 am
artblockalways

(I've been there don't worry and same here, I'm off to bed after this post)

It was a muggy night, massive clouds full of warm rain hung ominously as the sky prepared to crack open. Despite the thunder storm and flash flood warnings causing Naomi's phone to buzz and spout high pitched noises she's never heard before. The almond skinned girl became fed up and reached in between the couch cushions to retrieve it and pull out the phone's battery. Tossing the defeated thing on the coffee table she readjusted in her seat then paused. She moved around to fluff the couch pillow behind her then sunk into it and sighed.
"ok Violet we are out presents to play with, one shelf of video games is already played through and it's just 9:00pm, it's like still a whole night to go" she whined
Nao sat up again and leaned over to the table where they had all the gifts people dropped off for Violet's birthday.After moving empty bags, tissue paper and gift wrappings she spotted something that caught her eye.
"Wow....Vio your day is cheap." she said with a slight laugh as she picked up a small disk case with the name of the game written with permanent marker." he gave you a game that he made, sure it's new and I haven't played it...but still..." she paused to read a stickynote that had fallen earlier when she picked it up. "oh it's the "original copy, it's unedited and has some things that didn't make it to the final" she read before looking back at the table and spotting a folder, after opening it there was a few pages with cheats in it. The girl smiled moving a stray dread that fell from the side of her head. "my man, he knows me well." Naomi said to herself, "Ok try your dad's new game
yay or nay?" She asked as she creeped over to the game system. Whether Violet said anything at all the curiosity was killing her. The game was pretty popular and there was word of a show coming out soon based on it, Naomi wanted to find out what all the hype was about.

Naomi was proud of her find she hadn't planned anything to do besides the sleep plus she was already bored on the first night which seemed silly.
The Harries's lived not necessarily in a mansion but in a large expensive house filled with Violet's dad's nerd toys, collectibles, and hundreds of video games.
Violet and Alex's father was on a business trip for two weeks, it was allegedly for research on a new concept of games along with managing his other company.
If Nao was Violet there would of been had a one heck of a house party, but with her being a long time family friend she basically had the same freedoms. Unfortunately with such a long trip Mr Harries asked Violet's older brother to monitor the girls and keep them out of trouble.  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:14 am
Bolt BioHazard

Violet was sunk back into the couch, her thumbs tapping quickly and almost robotically at the controller. It only took a few more minutes to get to the final level and beat the boss...again. She had played that game what seemed like a hundred times already. She was quietly staring at the screen when Naomi's voice broke the silence.
"I could always download some if we need to." Violet shrugged, and laid the controller in her lap to lift herself up to stretch. She ignored Alex, who was mindlessly eating popcorn at the kitchen table, with his headphones in watching something on Netflix. A smirk appeared on her face when her friend called her dad cheap. Even though she had played her dad's games before...in the early stage of developing, he didn't even let her go near this original copy. There was no sneak peaks for her, no hints of the secrets it held. Even though she was itching to play it, it had laid forgotten under the other pile of presents while she was focused on other games. It was like she was subconsciously saving it for last. Not wanting to be disappointed by it because the anticipation had led up to this moment. She almost told Naomi to leave it there, not bother with it, not because she didn't want to play it, because she had waited so long to do so. It was almost like she wanted to savor it, because the game must be special if her father had kept it from her. But instead of telling her friend this, Violet simply looked back down at her controller with a blank look.
"Sure." A breath escaped her, and she pressed a button on her controller to have the disk slide out of her console, awaiting for it to be removed and the next game to slide in.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 pm
artblockalways

(I know it's been awhile when it takes me some time to juggle just two rps, back in the day I managed 5 like a champ but then again i was notorious for oneliners XD
I don't do this often but there's a lot of skipping around it's mostly a run through of them playing a game
even though i left it a bit open i can still make changes if needed)

"Nah, looking for good games is like digging for truffles, you have to go through a crapton of dirt before you get to the good stuff, I am my sweet Violet what you call "lazy and impatient" " she said as she pressed the button on her controller to skip through the the systems and games logos before getting to the start screen.
"Oh yeah it's mainly a fighting game i remember....I could hear my cousin yelling with his friends when they played this, he's actually pretty quiet with other games..meh....Vs....character select." she commented narrating the last part as she navigated through the menus. "ok time to unlock some characters and arenas." She announced before putting in the codes and picking her character, she waited for Violet to do the same before they began.
After a hour or two and a near deadlock match the sky outside was beginning to open up, rain hit against the window loudly.a loud crackle of thunder startled Naomi and made her throw her character into one of the surrounding cars which nipped the last bit of health and proclaimed violet the winner by default."Aw that's BS man rematch!." Naomi yelled as she switched her character before they began again however the lights started to flicker the more either of their characters we hit before a bright flash of lightning filled the and left as quickly as it came taking the power with it.The only sounds left in the was of a dying fan."God dangit!" Naomi exclaimed  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:07 pm
Bolt BioHazard

(Lol I've definitely been there. I used to be one liner, now I have to roleplay with a few paragraphs)
Violet watched the screen light up, showing a game being inserted into the system. She laid herself back onto the couch, but folded her legs so she was sitting Indian style. Her hair was in a messy bun on top of her head to keep the hair out of her eyes as she played. A muffled laugh broke through the silence, Violet flickering her eyes over to her brother to see him placing his hand over his mouth to keep him from letting a laugh escape by whatever he was watching on his laptop. Alex sighed, and tugged up the sleeves on her sweatshirt. She didn't talk much, really the only people she was remotely close to was Naomi and Alex.
"Fighting game, huh?" She mumbled and picked her character. She usually picked the character with a higher speed and defense stat over strength. Even though fighting games weren't her favorite, her favorite being horror games and ones with a good story line (even better if those too were combined), however she did like mindless violence sometimes when it came to fighting games. The matches were going over well enough when Naomi's character was flung into a vehicle. A sad way to die, it made Violet smirk at her childish, but funny reaction. Violet shrugged, and once again picked the same character she had been playing. There was a crack of lighting and thunder, then everything went black.
"Dammit." Alex huffed after the sound of his chair scooting back could be heard. He walked towards them, then he let out a small yelp of pain when he ran into the corner of the coffee table.
"Violet...Naomi, you okay?" He said and patted his hand all over Violet's face.
"Would you cut it out? We're fine, the powers just out." She said annoyed, and bit his hand when he wouldn't get it away from her face, causing a hiss on his part and a glare shot towards her even she could see in the darkness.
"I'll go find some candles." Alex muttered, and felt his way to keep from running into anything else.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm
artblockalways

(I mainly used to be stuck with a wii or kindle and before i thought i was pretty much a novelist now looking back i realize the small screen made my paragraphs look bigger than they really were lol)

Naomi snickered and sat down the controller she had been clutching tightly from the initial surprise before feeling around for her phone."I guess i could finally make use of that flashlight app i installed yesterday." she said before pausing as she slapped her hand down on some pants like material. "Alex....did your clumsy self fall down again?" she asked feeling patting the leg before slapping it hard with a slight laugh. But she still felt uneasy, Vancouver pushed himself up off the ground he had fallen next to Major face first on the ground. It wasn't much of a good position considering he still had rock shards in his abdomen and chest from one of Major's attacks. Typically stuff like that faded away or fell out in the game but the rules where different here. As the man tried to gather himself and his eyes adjusted to the darkness they appeared to glow. It was one detail Naomi couldn't help but notice when she was surrounded in pitch blackness especially when it was 2-3ft away from her."Uhh, V-Violet?" she started to say as the leg she didn't realize she was still in contact moved.Major groaned and put a hand to his head Van what did you do this time? he asked in an annoyed and tired tone. Van did respond as he stared of towards the girls
why is it so dark in here? Van's snake tail questioned before taking a moment to restore power to this part of the house. Naomi let out a shrill scream of surprise before it waned down to suspicion.The game characters were based off of real people with slight adjustments, it wouldn't be too difficult with a bit of make up to pull this off
she remembered seeing that telekinetic coffee shop prank and Violet's brother wasn't above getting a cheap laugh out of pranks like this."Alex you are an @ss you think getting your dad's friends to scare us is funny." she snapped angrily.  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

honeypotion

Timid Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:38 pm
Bolt BioHazard

(lol Oh my gosh. Sometimes I have to reply on my phone, but I usually have my laptop with me, I guess I'm lucky lol.)
Alex disappeared in the dark, down the hallway in search of candles. Violet stayed in her spot on the pouch, bringing her knees up to her chest and pushing her sleeves past her hands. She had a blank look on her face as she stared into the darkness, that was until she heard an unfamiliar voice. Her head turned, freezing when she saw glowing eyes. Her whole body was paralyzed, trying to think of what weapon she had near her. Nothing, her answer was nothing. The only thing she could think of was the controller in her hand, which she could aim and throw pretty well, maybe giving them some time to run if the situation called for it.
There was a voice, and the lights flickered on. She blinked a few times to get used to the dark, then almost jumped out of her skin when Naomi's scream ripped through the air. Her head whirled around to what she was screaming at, seeing two peculiar men in her house. The scream sent Alex skidding into the room, almost running into the coffee table. He jerked to halt, and froze upon seeing the men. He ignored Naomi, and grabbed onto Violet's arm, his fingers digging into her skin. Violet looked up at him, her face blank, hiding her fear. Those two were definitely not friends of his. Violet stared into Naomi's eyes, trying to send the message that these men were dangerous. Alex's eyes never looked away from the men, his eyebrows furrowing. It was odd to explain...almost like a mother lion protecting his two cubs from predators.
Violet however, simply stood up in front of her brother, his hand still clutching onto her arm.
"Who the hell are you two?" Violet said slowly, a glare that matched her brother's was placed on her face. They were a protective bunch. Protective over their house, and everything in it, including Naomi.  
RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff