Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Gaia Guilds 2.0 Charity?! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 pm
What about making an IRL Charity that would put it's funds towards paying for Guilds 2.0? Would that work to accomplishing the goal of Guilds 2.0 becoming a reality? If you don't like the idea of playing by their rules and paying for Guilds 2.0 in some way or another then either don't participate or leave the venom to the concept outside this thread please.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:32 pm
This idea is nice, and it's been thought of before. There is just one tiny little hitch. There is no way to assure that the funds would be used for Guilds 2.0 and Gaia's administration has to approve of said charity for this specific purpose. IF you get their ok, I am all for it.  

Suzie Rue

Divine Titan

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:23 pm
Suzie Rue
This idea is nice, and it's been thought of before. There is just one tiny little hitch. There is no way to assure that the funds would be used for Guilds 2.0 and Gaia's administration has to approve of said charity for this specific purpose. IF you get their ok, I am all for it.

Yeah, but theirs one small hitch with me being the one to get their ok and that's that I don't have the time and money to run such a Charity. I'd totally try to get their approval if someone else was willing to run the damned thing. Xl  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:29 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue

Yeah, but theirs one small hitch with me being the one to get their ok and that's that I don't have the time and money to run such a Charity. I'd totally try to get their approval if someone else was willing to run the damned thing. Xl

Good luck then because you know that they will reject anything coming from Rita or anyone else from this guild. Try approaching one of the admins that you trust, perhaps Zero Omega and get his take on this idea.  

TheLadySesshomaru
Crew

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:48 pm
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue

Good luck then because you know that they will reject anything coming from Rita or anyone else from this guild. Try approaching one of the admins that you trust, perhaps Zero Omega and get his take on this idea.

I'm not sure if any trustworthy admins will discuss it outta fear of doing things w/o talking to their bosses first. This is something that in my opinion would hafta be taken straight to the top. XC  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:45 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue

I'm not sure if any trustworthy admins will discuss it outta fear of doing things w/o talking to their bosses first. This is something that in my opinion would hafta be taken straight to the top. XC

Be my guest!  

TheLadySesshomaru
Crew

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:39 pm
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue

Be my guest!

Do you know if there is a way to directly contact them instead of going thru their employees who are probably told to not pass on messages to them?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:21 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue

Be my guest!

Do you know if there is a way to directly contact them instead of going thru their employees who are probably told to not pass on messages to them?
No  

TheLadySesshomaru
Crew

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 pm
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru

Be my guest!

No

So you don't know the way. Well there's gotta be a way to do it, but they probably have made it extremely difficult I'd imagine, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru

Be my guest!

No

So you don't know the way. Well there's gotta be a way to do it, but they probably have made it extremely difficult I'd imagine, right?

There is only one way- mail a certified letter, return receipt required. That way you know someone got it, signed for it. In your letter request a reply. Enclose an self addressed stamped envelope with return receipt required label already on it. THEN you know it was received, read and a reply is forthcoming. If you don't get a reply, THEN you know it's a lost cause.  

TheLadySesshomaru
Crew

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:03 pm
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru

Be my guest!

No

There is only one way- mail a certified letter, return receipt required. That way you know someone got it, signed for it. In your letter request a reply. Enclose an self addressed stamped envelope with return receipt required label already on it. THEN you know it was received, read and a reply is forthcoming. If you don't get a reply, THEN you know it's a lost cause.

Good idea, but couldn't that mean anyone at Gaia HQ got it and receipted it? Or do those 2 not work at Gaia Interactive HQ?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:37 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru

Be my guest!

No

Good idea, but couldn't that mean anyone at Gaia HQ got it and receipted it? Or do those 2 not work at Gaia Interactive HQ?
Oh, they work there, and anyone can sign for it but they are obligated to give it to them  

Suzie Rue

Divine Titan

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:58 pm
Suzie Rue
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
No

Oh, they work there, and anyone can sign for it but they are obligated to give it to them

True, but what if they have secretaries that they've told to read everything that is mailed to them from someone they don't know and only send it their way if it is something they'd want to read? I honestly want them to read it because they might be willing to give something like that a shot, but it would've possibly be considered that is a "Don't Pass On To Us" Item based off instructions they may have told their secretaries if they've given such instructions to their secretaries. And well seeing as they probably get a lot of hatemail I would be surprised if they don't have secretaries pre-read things first. XC  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:21 am
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru
No

True, but what if they have secretaries that they've told to read everything that is mailed to them from someone they don't know and only send it their way if it is something they'd want to read? I honestly want them to read it because they might be willing to give something like that a shot, but it would've possibly be considered that is a "Don't Pass On To Us" Item based off instructions they may have told their secretaries if they've given such instructions to their secretaries. And well seeing as they probably get a lot of hatemail I would be surprised if they don't have secretaries pre-read things first. XC
Stop with the What-If's Do you want to give it a shot or not? Either send it to them or don't. It's not going to hurt my feelings either way.  

Suzie Rue

Divine Titan

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:08 pm
Suzie Rue
Kor Saiyajinkami
Suzie Rue
Kor Saiyajinkami
TheLadySesshomaru

Stop with the What-If's Do you want to give it a shot or not? Either send it to them or don't. It's not going to hurt my feelings either way.

I'm piss poor broke right now and don't have a mailing address so that would be hard for me to do at the moment ya know. I need to find a friend or someone I can trust who lives close by to where I "live" who will be willing to receive my mail for me and pass it on unopened when they get it. XC  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff