Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Playground (Games)
The Lost & Found Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you good at keeping up with your things?
  I've developed good habits of placing them in the same spot. Yes.
  I don't always put them where they belong, but I always remember where they are. Yes
  I have a friend to help me remember.
  Not at all. I have to spend hours searching for things! D:
  I'm late to this poll because I forgot where my laptop was :C
View Results

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:50 pm
I was cleaning the snow off of my car in the driveway and then my legs. My diamond ring flew off of my finger while I slapped my legs and went down the driveway. My hubby borrowed a metal detector and we finally found it 😓  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm
JoyRose
We still laugh at poor Waterkin about the freezer. Don't know what it is about that appliance that just draws her in! rofl

I've found interesting things in our laundry. Usually it's coins from my husband's pockets, but I've also found glasses, pens, pocket tissues, and my kid's jewelry (I guess the freezer isn't her only hiding place). lol

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode LOL
I lost 20$ and couldn't find it for the life of me I looked everywhere for it, then I put on a jacket I hadn't used in a while and there was $20! I don't know if it was the 20 i lost or a new one...or old i don't know how long it was i there...LOL

Another time I lost my phone on the bus...i had on Bluetooth headphones so i knew it pretty quick and they ran out of reception...I freaked out!!

luckily I had i got to the other bus stop on the drivers way back and someone had given my phone to the driver and she still had it..I was so happy someone returned it and I didn't have to go through the mess of lost and found LOL  

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:22 pm
Esme Marie Cullen
I was cleaning the snow off of my car in the driveway and then my legs. My diamond ring flew off of my finger while I slapped my legs and went down the driveway. My hubby borrowed a metal detector and we finally found it 😓
I'm glad you found it! I would be quite upset to lose either my wedding or engagement ring (which is the only diamond ring I own).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:25 pm
winnter_spirals
JoyRose
We still laugh at poor Waterkin about the freezer. Don't know what it is about that appliance that just draws her in! rofl

I've found interesting things in our laundry. Usually it's coins from my husband's pockets, but I've also found glasses, pens, pocket tissues, and my kid's jewelry (I guess the freezer isn't her only hiding place). lol

Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode LOL
I lost 20$ and couldn't find it for the life of me I looked everywhere for it, then I put on a jacket I hadn't used in a while and there was $20! I don't know if it was the 20 i lost or a new one...or old i don't know how long it was i there...LOL

Another time I lost my phone on the bus...i had on Bluetooth headphones so i knew it pretty quick and they ran out of reception...I freaked out!!

luckily I had i got to the other bus stop on the drivers way back and someone had given my phone to the driver and she still had it..I was so happy someone returned it and I didn't have to go through the mess of lost and found LOL

I'm terrible about leaving my phone lying on my desk at home. But at least I know where it is and it's ok.

I have found money in my pockets of various clothes, and in the pockets of clothing belonging to other members of my family (although usually coins, not bills). But if I'm doing the laundry and I find money, it's mine now! twisted  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:18 pm
I found my credit card under my bed 🛌  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 pm
I found my cell phone under my car seat.  

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Master Converter 500

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:20 pm
I found my keys under the hutch.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:06 pm
My daughter had gifted me a really nice fuzzy pair of black winter gloves , a few years back, well I remembered bringing them in the truck seat with me, think I had removed them, placed them on my lap, *thought I had brought them in the house, but no, it was winter time, so , following Spring, guess who finds her winter gloves, in the driveway, under ice, slush , snow some, in her drive way lol Moi, rofl  

Queentintin

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:35 pm
Queentintin
My daughter had gifted me a really nice fuzzy pair of black winter gloves , a few years back, well I remembered bringing them in the truck seat with me, think I had removed them, placed them on my lap, *thought I had brought them in the house, but no, it was winter time, so , following Spring, guess who finds her winter gloves, in the driveway, under ice, slush , snow some, in her drive way lol Moi, rofl

You’re too young to have your mind play tricks on you like that! It seems I’m always remembering putting things in the wrong place. At times, the same item too. If I don’t stay consistent, I’m searching endlessly!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:58 pm
Esme Marie Cullen
Queentintin

You’re too young to have your mind play tricks on you like that! It seems I’m always remembering putting things in the wrong place. At times, the same item too. If I don’t stay consistent, I’m searching endlessly!

I do the same thing too, lol and most of the time its with *my crocks* these rubber made sort of wholy slippers shoes* lol I misplace them some time in my bf's way in the bedroom too lol *maybe to have some fun lol* he likes to joke about it a lot lol  

Queentintin

Fashionable Delight

33,100 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11 pm
Several years ago, before I met my hubby, and was living in an apartment with my teenaged son and Main Coon pussycat, named Salem -- I would sometimes find little objects missing -- my wristwatch, hair scrunchy or hair barrette -- and it would be Salem wanting to play with them in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. But he had a favorite hiding spot, so I often relocated these items in the same spot -- under the fringe of a velour table cloth, covering a side table beside the television set. He loved that spot, because he could play with the fringe while he put his "borrowed" objects in this dark cubby-hole.

Well, it turned out I was missing my glasses for about a week -- and I could not find them -- turning to Salem the cat, and asking him where they could be -- and double/triple checking the spot beneath the velour table cloth, separating the fringe, on my hands and knees.

I'm sure Salem thought I was quite nuts, because I later found my glasses in the bathtub, hiding behind a bottle of shampoo. Like most sane, poorly sighted individuals, I had taken them off, and stuck them in the corner of the tub before washing my hair. But then, later, stuck the shampoo bottle in front of them, with blurry vision. xD

But Salem had his own sense of humor, pussycat, style. While playing "fetch" with his favorite crinkle-cat-ball, he would "lose" this ball under the couch, and lay on his back and meow for help as he would stretch a paw under the couch to feebly retrieve the ball, without success. So, of course, I would find it for him, after he pushed the ball further back behind the couch. He joyfully pounced on his prized possession, once it was rescued -- but while I wasn't looking, sometimes took his ball and went to hide it somewhere -- and I would spot him laying on his back, and meowing as if his ball was stuck under the couch again. And I searched -- and no ball to be found. cat_crying

No ball, that is -- until later in the Fall -- Salem had craftily put his ball in my boot -- a place I would have not have immediately thought of during our kitty play-time during the summer. cat_lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 am
I lost my keys yesterday night. I used them to lock the car door and unlock my house door. I started to set them down somewhere other than my designated key spot and remember putting them in the spot I set for them, used the bathroom, and went to bed. I woke up and got ready to leave for the day, but then when it came time to leave, my keys weren't where I set them.

I looked in all my usual places: kitchen counter, kitchen table, bathroom counter, hallway table, desk, closet shelf, bed, blankets, pockets, pantry shelf, sofa, piano... no luck. I notified my next of kin that I might go missing or that texting them about my loss might make the keys magically reappear.

They try to help with advice about tracking my steps again, checking my car or front door again meanwhile a lump in my throat is hurting because I'm upset I've lost so much time on these friggin' keys I know I put where I was supposed to.

I walk back to my bedroom while on the phone, and I kid you not, the keys were sitting in plain sight on my bed.

Magically enraging.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:43 pm
I try to keep things in the same place, so I don't forget where they are. However, with that said, there are times, hubs teases about it, I'll put something away, so it's safe, then can't remember where I put it. ugh.
Now, I try to remember to make notes. UGH the grey cells fail me more and more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:50 pm
Here's a more recent story.

My 2nd daughter and I went to Arizona a few yrs back. We had a rental car, one night we had gone out with friends we were visiting. My daughter drank a little too much, so I drove us back to the hotel.
The next day, we were prepping to go out again, but I couldn't find my credit card.
We searched the room, out clothes, bags and the car. Nothing.
I only brought the one card with me. I called the company and reported it and they cancelled the card.
Thank goodness my daughter had hers.
When we return the car when we got home, the young man, going over it found my card between the seat and the console! IDK how we didn't find it, but oh well.

We laughed.

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:43 am
Spent a legitimate non-exaggerated 40 minutes looking for my keys in every imaginable path of my life between the home and the car.

They were in my purse.  
Village Playground (Games)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces