Welcome to Gaia! ::

♡~Everybody Wants to be a Cat!~♡

Back to Guilds

If you love cats, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Animal, Cats, Contests, Feline, Kitties 

Reply ⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃
Warble, Botfly Larvae

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 pm
Has anyone had a cat that has had an issue with warbles/the cysts that form when a botfly lays larvae in their skin?
All I see is that if it bursts on its own, antibiotic ointment is key. Anything else anyone knows?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:53 am
This is a super old post so I'm not sure if you're having this issue any longer, but the main thing to do is make sure that once it does open, put something on top of it and make it gloopy, whether it's neosporin, petroleum jelly, etc. If a larvae is manifesting in the hole, you want to basically choke it out. By covering the cysts/holes with a thick layer of ointment, it will force the larvae to come out of the hole so you can remove it more safely.  

AW555

Generous Capitalist

8,265 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:00 pm
AW555
This is a super old post so I'm not sure if you're having this issue any longer, but the main thing to do is make sure that once it does open, put something on top of it and make it gloopy, whether it's neosporin, petroleum jelly, etc. If a larvae is manifesting in the hole, you want to basically choke it out. By covering the cysts/holes with a thick layer of ointment, it will force the larvae to come out of the hole so you can remove it more safely.
Well thank you for the info anyways! I read all about that. I hadn't realized it was one until it bursted out of him anyways. Strangely it was no longer in much of a larvae form and more of an immature tiny fly. Ugh poor guy. he has since healed well though smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:47 am
madelynheston
AW555
Well thank you for the info anyways! I read all about that. I hadn't realized it was one until it bursted out of him anyways. Strangely it was no longer in much of a larvae form and more of an immature tiny fly. Ugh poor guy. he has since healed well though smile

I'm glad he's better! Bot Flys are nasty business xp  

AW555

Generous Capitalist

8,265 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers