Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Breeze thought that he'd given up resisting the mysterious pulls and calls of the Motherfather's guidance - the summons to perform his duty of blessing others in exchange for his gifts - long ago, after the second incident with the bees. But when he realized she was marching him up into the desert, he found himself reluctant. As he moved out of the swamp's embrace, it grew gradually hotter and dryer, the wet richness of the swamp gradually fading through scraggly shrubs and trees to mud flats and sawgrass fields - which he never could walk through without some lingering feelings of longing and paranoia. Thanks, naming dream.

He'd waited there for several days, hoping against hope the pull drawing him into this blasted place would ebb. The heat did not agree with him, and every part of him was drooping - even his possibly (probably) magical stole of mint was starting to wilt, and he was looking perhaps the least majestic he ever had as one of the ascended. After a narrow brush with some bad luck in the form of some suspiciously regularly spaced animal droppings that morning, which only his own wariness had saved him from stepping in, he decided that he had skirted the motherfather's wrath long enough.

Except, when sunset found him, he was still pacing on the edge of the thicket. Walking through it at night would not be easy - would, in fact, be rather dangerous, so he would be spared advancing for now. But for how long? The time of his appointment was drawing near, he felt, though he could no longer feel the place. That seemed rather ominous.

LOLLI qAq
Starter post, starter post! Let's party.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Ice Breaker was having the most exhausting couple of days she'd had in her life. She was pregnant, which would be wonderful news ... If it weren't for the hot-headed shenanigans of her sister. She was getting to swollen with eggs to be running after the other doe and corralling her into civilized behavior. Or, at least, behavior that wouldn't get them both killed.

She took a deep breath. Ice Breaker had managed to slip away to her favorite spot for looking at the night sky and while the air was warm coming off of the desert sands there was a breeze that indicated a changing of seasons. The kiokote doe took a few more paces into a more open area and was greeted with the sight of an Ascended stag. What was he doing here, though?

"Hello," she stated clearly. "Are you here for stargazing as well?"

Kitty Sprightt

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:45 pm
The instant he saw - no, the instant he heard the doe address him, Breeze knew that this was the person he'd been sent to see. Well, that explained that! And a welcome relief, to know he didn't have to go any farther after all. As he spun about, it may have been very plain on his face, too.

The heat had withered even the stag's desire for performance and swagger. He said to the pale kiokote, "No, I believe I'm here to see you - about a blessing for the health your children. If you'd like one, I mean," he added as an afterthought. "I imagine you must, or else I wouldn't be here."

LOLLI qAq

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 pm
The sight of him as he turned to address her made her heart ache for him a little. Learning that he looked the way he did because he was sent to see her caused a frown to form.

She knew that blessings happened, but it had never occurred to her that she'd be a part of one when she had her own children. The confusion passed over her face, but she nodded all the same. Her brain was already furiously at work tying together everything she'd been through with her sister and not wanting children like that together.

"Are we allowed to request what our children are blessed with or is that left to you and The Swamp?'  

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 am
After a brief moment of puzzlement of his own, the stag replied, "I suppose I could take requests, yes. Within reason. Not that I think you'd be unreasonable with it, just - pah, look at me running my mouth," he muttered, shaking his head. "Go ahead and ask."
LOLLI qAq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:31 pm
Ice Breaker came closer with a smile. It was with relief that she let her bottom half settle on the ground as she took a much needed break off of her hooves.
Her eyes were all business, though.

"My only wish for my children is that they be confident but careful in everything they do." Like herself, but the that part stayed firmly in her head.

Kitty Sprightt

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers