Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
VeriChip, PositiveID -Potential mark of the Beast Technology

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:03 am
Old news. Even so I post it to show in what direction the world is moving.

User Image

VeriChip (now re-branding PositiveID) was the only Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved human-implantable microchip. It was marketed by PositiveID, a subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions, and it received United States FDA approval in 2004. Its manufacture and marketing were discontinued in 2010. About twice the length of a dime, the device is typically implanted between the shoulder and elbow area of an individual’s right arm. Once scanned at the proper frequency, the VeriChip responds with a unique 16 digit number which could be then linked with information about the user held on a database for identity verification, medical records access and other uses. The insertion procedure is performed under local anesthetic in a physician's office. As an implanted device used for identification by a third party, it had generated controversy and debate. VeriChip's merger in 2010 officially changed their name to "PositiveID."

Destron Fearing, a subsidiary of Applied Digital Solutions, initially developed the technology for the VeriChip [Source - Wikipedia].

The company seems to have moved away from implants. I see no specific mentioning if it on their homepage. Perhaps due to public outcry, and a few scandals involving cancer in animal testing (200 cool .

Microchip Shares Fall As Cancer Link Revealed

Positive ID seems to currently be concentrating on livestock, and pathogen detection in livestock.

Concerns about the VeriChip was that it could be a forerunner to the mark of the Beast, or the mark itself. A technology forced on mankind, without which one would not be able to participate in society.

Revelation 13:16-17
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Aaron Russo (the link is not an endorsement of infowars), prior to his death from cancer (2007) came out and warned people that he had been contacted by certain men, and that there are plans to track all of humanity in motion.

I know people personally, who have had their websites hacked and shut down, and I assume it was because they wrote about VeriChip potentially being the mark of the Beast. It was a billion dollar industry at one point.

Quote:
NASDAQ - October 2009. Verichip/PositiveID stock has been crushed from a high of just over $10 down to a humiliating low of $0.24 cents.

It could have been other things they wrote about, since they also commented on the situation in the middle-east, but it was not until they wrote about VeriChip that the site was shut down. So it is likely it was the reason. The person no longer has a website in fear of something happening to family members. I know also that family members have in fact received death threats because of the persons activity online.

January 2014 - Motorola patents e-tattoo

So what is a Christian to think? Should we be scared?
Not at all! Remember these things have to happen. When we see them, they are an affirmation that God is in control. He said this would happen, He knew how it would happen. It is not happening in some dark room hidden from His eyes. It is not happening because things are out of His control and running rampant. Take heart, and be brave. The Lord is your strength, shield, rock and fortress! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:18 am
Just a heads up, the John Mcarthur preacher supports chips. Saw him with another interviewer expressing his acceptance of the chips and so forth..Don't have the link but it is on youtube. Maybe he's ill informed but I pray he realizes the dangers and implications of these 'steps.'  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:06 am
Tsur
Just a heads up, the John Mcarthur preacher supports chips. Saw him with another interviewer expressing his acceptance of the chips and so forth..Don't have the link but it is on youtube. Maybe he's ill informed but I pray he realizes the dangers and implications of these 'steps.'

Yikes... That is very disturbing. Calling him a supporter of the chip based on what I have heard in the youtube video is stretching it though. He's not telling anyone to take it, or saying that it is a good thing. He is calling it a sin. He's a very erudite man, when it comes to the Bible, but I am not sure he is seeing clearly on this one. I had hoped and believed he knew about verses such as:

Revelation 14:8-10
And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her immorality." Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb...

Revelation 14:11
And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name." [Emphasis mine]

Here's the video by the way.

A website in connection to MacArthur commenting on the incident, and the youtube video.

I would like to strongly advice anyone against believing they can just take the mark when things get tough, and then ask God for forgiveness. What ever the mark ends up being though it does not look like right now that it will be a VeriChip, stay clear of it. Stay clear really of any kind of electronic ID, tracking device, payment device that is implanted or tattooed to your body.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:14 am
Garland-Green
Tsur

Anyone who claims that I have to get a tattoo or chip to eat or drink.... my reply won't be "Sure, of course" that's for certain. I REFUSE to take anything even remotely close to that. I am not going to turn my back on my Lord and Savior Jesus for a meal; if necessary, I'll catch fish and snakes and cook 'em over an open fire.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 am
Kaosujin Ryu
Garland-Green
Tsur

Anyone who claims that I have to get a tattoo or chip to eat or drink.... my reply won't be "Sure, of course" that's for certain. I REFUSE to take anything even remotely close to that. I am not going to turn my back on my Lord and Savior Jesus for a meal; if necessary, I'll catch fish and snakes and cook 'em over an open fire.
I am with you there. I will resort to eating whatever I come across with the exception of humans, dogs or cats.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:38 am
Garland-Green
Kaosujin Ryu
Garland-Green
Tsur

I am with you there. I will resort to eating whatever I come across with the exception of humans, dogs or cats.

I'm pretty sure you've read the "Left Behind" series by Tim LaHaye; whether the real thing will be like that.... nobody knows. Those who live through it, however, will be able to tell us (if they're one of the lucky ones that live through it all).  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:43 pm
The knowledge of God in the unrepentant during the end times is in them. They seem to know that God is behind what is happening to them and why it is happening to them, but they refuse to repent. They do not want to stop doing evil, and turn to God. Note that in Revelation 16 that these are people who have taken the mark of the beast, and God is pouring His wrath on them, to make them repent. The Bible doesn't mention anyone of them repenting. It doesn't say that anyone taking the mark of the beast, is later saved by repenting. It would be an important detail to mention.

Revelation 16:1-11 New International Version (NIV)

The Seven Bowls of God’s Wrath
16 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.”

2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

3 The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead person, and every living thing in the sea died.

4 The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say:

“You are just in these judgments, O Holy One,
you who are and who were;
6 for they have shed the blood of your holy people and your prophets,
and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.”
7 And I heard the altar respond:

“Yes, Lord God Almighty,
true and just are your judgments.”

8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony 11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:04 am
Kaosujin Ryu
Garland-Green
Kaosujin Ryu
Garland-Green
Tsur

I'm pretty sure you've read the "Left Behind" series by Tim LaHaye; whether the real thing will be like that.... nobody knows. Those who live through it, however, will be able to tell us (if they're one of the lucky ones that live through it all).
I have a feeling that not terribly many will live through the Tribulation. I've seen the Left Behind movies. 3nodding

Revelation 6:9-11
9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:10 am
Given the choice, if it came to taking the Mark or dying for my Lord, I'd choose the latter; better to die in faithful service than suffer the Lake of Fire and the second death.

Matthew 25:41-46- HCSB

Then He will also say to those on the left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels! For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger and you didn’t take Me in; I was naked and you didn’t clothe Me, sick and in prison and you didn’t take care of Me.’ “Then they too will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or without clothes, or sick, or in prison, and not help You? ’ “Then He will answer them, ‘I assure you: Whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for Me either.’ “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games