Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:19 pm
It was nice to be able to get out and about again; even nicer, Tambrey realised, though perhaps it had taken her quite a while to get used to the idea, that she could actually take a little more time for herself on occasion to go where she wanted to go on the island; being an agent was certainly a better 'deal' than being a grunt- she still noticed that, having spent so long in the rank below.

She'd not seen Camphoreon in quite a long time, really, and had chosen today to remedy the fact; places she'd known had closed, new ones had opened, shops had moved locations, though, of course, some were still in the same place.
The scientist had noticed a tea shop that, while it certainly seemed established, was new to her, and, the discovery that an old favourite tea shop had closed just lent more desire to scope out a potential replacement.
The place did /look/ very nice; a good tea room with a nice window to watch the street from round wooden tables and, proper, wooden and willow-weave chairs.

Unfortunately, using her stick, Tambrey tripped slightly, then miscalculated the closing door- without the trip, she'd have been able to slip through, most likely... but instead, she walked, luckily not too hard, right into the closing door with a little thud and a wide-eyed surprised expression...
Well, that was embarrassing.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:35 pm
"Owch! Are you okay?"

The voice that asked this came from behind and significantly above Tambery, and - if she turned - the Rocket would see a very large man with an eye patch and a scarred face wearing an expression of concern. He was also wearing a t-shirt with The Mighty Thor emblazoned across it.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:54 pm
At least she wasn't in uniform, but still... She hadn't wanted to draw attention to herself, and certainly not embarrassment... Oh well. At least people would forget in moments... Or not.
Someone had seen and was asking her if she was okay.

In sandals, that allowed a glimpse of an ankle support, jeans, her blue jacket, and a blue and red t-shirt, with a logo across it- a yellow, 8 pointed, star, with two diagonal golden stripes running down into the top of the center points, Tambrey looked pretty geeky herself, she thought... The effect was likely exacerbated by the fact that she'd knocked her glasses a little and was fixing them back as she turned, leaning a little on her stick, to see the giant.
"Oh, I'm fine; just a small bump, I've had wor- Wow. Uh." She blinked. There was Thor. On the chest of a man who... looked kind of like Thor. With an eyepatch...
"Are you Odin?" She found herself asking, wondering if she'd actually hit her head quite hard and not realised the fact.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:32 pm
Dith laughed and a broad grin spread itself across his face. "I'm afraid I am not! Having the Odin Force would be pretty useful, I'd especially enjoy teleporation I think!... Though I have been known to sleep for nearly a whole day sometimes if I've been on a long spell of long shifts so maybe I have a bit of the Allfather in me after all." He liked this girl, he decided, and held out a hand to her in greeting. "Still! When not being maybe a little godly I am Dimitry Konstantinovich Vladamirin but most people call me Dima or Dith, nice to meet you...?" He trailed off with a querying expression, leaving space for the young woman to introduce herself in turn.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:51 pm
"Well, you've got the look down; only a matter of time before your Asgardian powers start manifesting..." Tambrey replied, still a little stunned, but realising that the giant man in front of her was, in fact, just a really giant man; kind of like Lu actually, she supposed.

She met the offered hand with a smile of her own, and decided on the name to give... Well, he'd given a middle name, and honestly no one knew her as a rocket by her real name anyway, so she decided on a compromise.
"Tambrey Tabitha Greene. Most people call me Tam', 'Brey, or Tabitha." There, now if Jace or anyone else who knew her by the second name popped up for whatever reason- as unlikely as she felt it to be- she'd covered herself.
"Nice to meet you too, Dima. I don't usually walk into doors."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:31 am
"You don't?" Dith laughed as he shook her hand. "Well it's alright for some then! I often walk into doors, or at least doorframes. Many doors in the world are not made for my Godlike proportions. Anyway, uh, 'Brey? Were you going in here? I was, best tea shop in the city so far as I have found some far!" And he was very much in need of some tea and cake after his workout. It looked as though a lot of other people had had the same idea re: tea and cake though, it looked pretty crowded inside.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:09 am
Somehow she felt like she should have seen the joke coming, but it didn't lessen the warmth she felt at the nice giant's ability to joke about his own size.
"We mortals tend to be of shorter stature." She nodded in sage agreement.

Oh! Well, that was good to hear; the 'best tea shop in the city'- it would, then, hopefully be a fine replacement for a 'usual' haunt after all this time.
"Uh, I was. I've been out of town for quite a while and thought I'd try the place; I'm glad to hear a good review- this is your usual then?" She bit her lip as she turned back to push the door open and enter; there were -a lot- of customers in here... Well, at least, she supposed, that lent further credence to it being 'the best in the city'.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:47 am
"Ahh," Dith nodded understanding, "yes, it has been for uh... I guess the last few months? I don't remember quite when it opened, late spring I think. Oh!" He appeared to remember something as he stepped inside, and apparently it was related to Tam's chest because he gestured at it. "I like your shirt by the way, Captain Marvel?" Humm, it really was rammed in here. "Want to share a table?" Dith suggested with a wave of his hand to the only free one he could see. "Popular in here this time of day."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:10 am
Last Spring? Wow, she'd been out of Camphoreon far too long really. She'd have to try and make a better effort in future... which only reminded her that she should, in turn, step up visits to Jinko, to home.

Tambrey couldn't help but grin as Dith recognised her shirt; she gave a quick nod.
"Danvers. Good eye." She nodded again at the offer of sharing a table; there seemed to be only one... So, she realised, they should probably secure it asap.
"Uh. I don't really know what's good here, but I do like Darjeeling and carrot cake... So, if I give you the money for such, d'you want me to grab that table?"
She'd be more canny with her money, perhaps, if the giant man hadn't been so nice, a fan in common, and, basically, big enough to spot from anywhere. Plus, she didn't -really- consider the change for tea and cake to be a worthy target of theft in the first place.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:26 am
Dith looked speculative for a moment and then nodded. "Ah, tell you what. You grab the table, I will get us stuff, and you can pay me back from the receipt." He would of course have given her correct change but it seemed more... more proper to do it like this? They had literately just met after all. With a flash of a smile to Tam Dith headed up to the counter to order.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:04 am
Well, that made even more sense, and Tambrey gave a short nod before Dith headed off into the queue.
Leaning on her stick, she made a bee-line (well, as much of one as was possible dodging other tables and patrons) to acquire the table.
Upon taking a seat, she looked around to make sure the establishment allowed pokémon to be out of their balls, before letting Tarana out onto the table; it'd be nice for the Chingling to get some time meeting a person who wasn't a rocket on base, and simply seeing a place that wasn't outside, and wasn't a lab. She often felt guilty that she didn't use the little psychic type more often, but at least he made a sweet companion and seemed to enjoy outings... She also knew that he very much liked cake.
"You behave, okay?" She smiled at the bell pokémon, not too worried that he wouldn't. "This is a cafe. We're going to have some cake, and there's a nice man over there who's joining us." She nodded toward Dith.

The Chingling made a little tingling noise of amazement as he understood the size of the man who was to join them, but seemed quite happy about it; a new friend would be nice. And! He was going to get to have cake! This was a good outing already.
His little body swayed happily, jingling softly, as he danced a little to show his appreciation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:19 am
Luckily it didn't take too long to get to the front of the line. When he arrived there Dith exchanged the usual pleasantries with Sarah who was on the coffee machine and Carl who was on the till. During the exchange he acquired the knowledge that the latter was enjoying her college courses and the latter had plans to enter a contest at the weekend, and passed on the fact that he had spent fifteen minutes that morning looking for his house keys before finding them in his hand. At the same time as the exchange of minor news he exchanged money for a darjeeling tea, a slice of carrot cake, a slice of coffee walnut cake, and a large latte.

With tray in hand he moved back over to Tam as oblivious to crowds as ever but as ever the people on their feet in his way seemed quite willing to get out of his way in short order for some mysterious reason and he at least managed to notice and navigate around the furniture. "Here we go!" he exclaimed cheerfully as he set the tray down on the table and then eased himself carefully into the free chair, which creaked slightly. At that point Dith noticed the Chingling and beamed broadly. "Oh hello! And who is this?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:09 am
Tambrey was trying to read the board so that she could get the money ready to pay Dith back near enough as soon as he sat down.
She smile as he returned, though hadn't quite managed to be able to see the price for a slice of carrot cake, and thus, was going to have to rely on the receipt after all.
"How much do I owe you?" The Chingling waved a stubby little arm and skipped across the table to thrust said-arm out at the giant man politely.
"This is Tarana; Tarana, this is Mr. Dima."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 am
"Here," Dith passed over the chit so that 'Brey could see for herself, it seemed more civilized somehow. He never had liked talking about money anyway, it was an embarrassing subject; in his youth he'd had a lot less of it than many and he now had a lot more, and either situation was awkward if it came up.

"I've never met a Chingling before... is that the name? Well hello there Tarana!" Dith held a finger out to the little bell creature, it seemed as though it was offering to shake hands? "I'm afraid I can never remember the names of all of them," he added with a smile and a shake of his head to Tambery, "it can cause some embarrassing situations." Like that time when he'd seen Dove's Mew on the trip out to the desert and had had no idea that it was even rare let alone a legendary pokemon.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:31 am
Tambrey smiled, taking the chit, and giving it a quick look over, so that she could deal with the money as soon as possible.
In fact, she counted out and had placed some coins atop the chit, while Tarana was happily introducing himself.

Tarana happily shook the large man's finger and jingled out a noise, that was likely a 'pleased to meet you'.
"Yep. Chingling's right; little psychic type." She grinned. "I wouldn't worry about that; there's so many of them, I'd be surprised if anyone could identify every one in existence. Always discovering new ones, or something new, about them as well."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff