Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
It's my 10th Gaiaversary! [GIVEAWAY AND POTENTIALLY MORE]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Today is Mr. E's 10th Gaiaversary!
  Whoa, cool!
  What's a Gaiaversary?
  ...what's a "Mr. E"?
  *neutral pollwhore option*
  You've been on Gaia for 10 whole years??
  Yup.
  Wait, why is your response a poll answer?
  I don't know, I'm just making up stuff as I go along.
  Oh, okay.
  ...old fart.
View Results

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:43 am
So today I signed on only to find out it's my Gaiaversary! Not only that, but it is my TENTH Gaiaversary! Well, what better place to celebrate than my favorite place on Gaia - Roleplaying Gems! And who better to share the celebration with than my favorite people - YOU GUYS!

~

You probably clicked for the stuff (and I don't blame you), so here's the info about the giveaway!

In order to win, roll one 100-sided dice. If you get any of the following, you win!

3 or 33 - big prize!
1, 13, 50, 66, or 100 - medium prize!
Any other number with a "3" in it - small prize!

I prefer if you didn't just bump/post nothing when you rolled, but you'll still win even if you do. In addition, I'll also be giving stuff away randomly. No, I'm not leaving Gaia, but I definitely don't have the passion for collecting stuff that I used to. So, I might as well give it away to my favorite people!

~

Chat, hang out, whatever you want. Rules on literacy are relaxed here, so don't worry about being formal or anything.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:06 am
*runs around in my underwear until someone shows up*  

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:13 am
Mr. E had chosen to spend the first minutes of his 10th Gaiaversary party by running around in his underwear. This would prove to be a mistake, for as soon as he entered the foyer, running at his top speed and giggling like an idiot, he slipped on a rug and hit his head, knocking him out for several hours thirty minutes. During that half hour, the caterers came, rang the doorbell, called the house, waited impatiently, and left, taking the food for the party with them. Just as their catering truck pulled out of the driveway, Mr. E awoke.

"...huh?" His head spun, and he slowly got up, wincing as the pain in his head grew with every pulse. "Uuugh... I need to get some of those sticky thingies on the bottom of these rugs..." he moaned as he slowly made his way to the bathroom, searching for the pain meds.

Just then, the first guest arrived. Mr. E's head throbbed in time with the doorbell's rings. Holding his and and groaning, he proceeded to make his way to the front door and open it, a smile appearing as he saw who it was.

"Hey, glad you could make it! Come on in!" he declared happily, stepping back and sweeping his arm out in a welcoming gesture.

(Your response?)  
Kerana rolled 1 100-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Kerana the fox girl was one of his guests. As soon as the door opened she blew one of her party favors which unrolled in Mr. E's face and made some noise. She then launched into a glomp and yells…
"Happy 10th GAIAVERSARY MR. E!!!"
Her tail could not stop wagging with all of the excitement.

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain
[+More]
  • Chickie Scarf
Mr. E's face scrunched up in surprise when the party favor was blown in his face, but he laughed off the playful act in time for her to glomp him, wagging tail and all.

"Haha, thank you so much, Kerana!!" he said. Once she released her excited embrace, he said, "I have a surprise for you! Since you're the first person to come to the party, you get a prize!" He held out a beautiful yellow scarf. The fabric was very soft to the touch, and at the end of the scarf were different colors of fabric to indicate a baby chicken's face. "It's all yours! I know you've been wanting the chickie slippers, but this is what I could get," he explained with a flush of embarrassment coloring his cheeks, knowing how rare and old the chickie slippers were. "I hope you like it!" Without waiting for a response, he led her further into the house and into the backyard, where there was a pool, a grill, a bounce house, and a dance floor. "The caterers were taking forever to get here, so I thought about putting something on the grill, want anything?" he asked, a smile beaming at the fox girl.  
Kerana rolled 1 100-sided dice: 28 Total: 28 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:57 pm

Kerana accepted her gift and held up the scarf to admire it more emotion_kirakira "Ka-wa-iiiii So cute! I love it! Thank you so much!" cat_xd She puts it on, her ear twitched as Mr. E asked about the grill. "Do you have any fish or rabbits?"

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 am
Kerana

Kerana accepted her gift and held up the scarf to admire it more emotion_kirakira "Ka-wa-iiiii So cute! I love it! Thank you so much!" cat_xd She puts it on, her ear twitched as Mr. E asked about the grill. "Do you have any fish or rabbits?"

"Yup, we have some Alaskan salmon as well as some tuna. I'll throw both on since I wanted some fish as well," Mr. E responded. The sun really brought out the deep yellow of the scarf's fabric, and he took a moment to admire it on her, happy he had chosen the right gift. Then he turned, opened the outside fridge, took the thawing fish, brushed the fish lightly with some oil, gently laid down the fish. The grill sizzled, and soon the scent of meat and charcoal filled the air. He also took a lemon, quickly sliced it, and put two slices on each of the fish. The acid mingled with the savory smells of the meat and together they danced across the yard, flirting in and out out nostrils.

While he worked, some dogs chased each other and played in the open yard around the pool. One slipped and fell in. Mr. E turned his head at the sound of the splash, at first looking surprised, but relaxed after figuring out what had happened and turned back to his work. Fish burned easily, after all. The dog had that fallen in easily doggy-paddled its way to the pool steps, stepped out, and shook itself furiously, spraying water everywhere, including on Kerana.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 pm
Mike stepped into the house behind a few of the other guests arriving, hoping that instead of making a scene, he'd slip in unnoticed.

OF COURSE, THAT WAS NOT THE CORRECT WAY TO DO ANYTHING MANLY. his inner voice beamed, sounding suspiciously like a certain Major... So he decided to walk up to the host. With one massive bear hug, he introduced himself to the old geez-- I mean, the delightful man having the wonderful soiree for his tenth anniversary since... Well, birth, sort of?

The idea hurt Mike's head, so he stopped thinking about that and started thinking about drinking punch instead. "Happy Gaiaversary, Mr. E! I'll just be over here drowning myself in this de-LICIOUS punch!"  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:33 am
Michael Bladebreaker
Mike stepped into the house behind a few of the other guests arriving, hoping that instead of making a scene, he'd slip in unnoticed.

OF COURSE, THAT WAS NOT THE CORRECT WAY TO DO ANYTHING MANLY. his inner voice beamed, sounding suspiciously like a certain Major... So he decided to walk up to the host. With one massive bear hug, he introduced himself to the old geez-- I mean, the delightful man having the wonderful soiree for his tenth anniversary since... Well, birth, sort of?

The idea hurt Mike's head, so he stopped thinking about that and started thinking about drinking punch instead. "Happy Gaiaversary, Mr. E! I'll just be over here drowning myself in this de-LICIOUS punch!"
Kerana

Soon the fish was done cooking, only slightly burnt on one side (it seems the dog falling in the pool had done some effect), and he deftly lifted the fish with a spatula and placed them on plates, one for him and the other for Kerana.

"Kerana!" he called. "The fish is ready, come and g-!" His call was interrupted by a man in a red coat with massive, long black hair came up to him with a giant bear hug as a greeting. Mr. E, thin and weak as he was, struggled to breathe, let alone talk, through the tight grip that the man's arms held him in. Finally, he released him, and he had to take a moment to catch his breath.

"I'm glad... you could make it..." he said with a smile. Aggressive affection was still appreciated all the same. His placid expression suddenly turned to shock as he saw Mike drinking out of one of the two punch bowls on the drink table in the backyard: he had forgotten to label the bowls. Both of them were punch, but one of them was also heavily spiked with alcohol. "Ah... um..." He raised his hand and started to speak before realizing that he had also forgotten which one was which, and realized there was no point in mentioning it now. "I hope... you enjoy it," he said with a nervous smile. He then turned back to the counter, grabbed a fork, and started nibbling at his fish before it got too cold, first taking the lemons off the flesh before taking flakes of warm, buttery meat into his mouth. He took a moment to savor the mix of flavors, pausing in contentment before turning back to Mike, "Want anything from the grill?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 pm
Mr. Eccentricity
Soon the fish was done cooking, only slightly burnt on one side (it seems the dog falling in the pool had done some effect), and he deftly lifted the fish with a spatula and placed them on plates, one for him and the other for Kerana.

"Kerana!" he called. "The fish is ready, come and g-!" His call was interrupted by a man in a red coat with massive, long black hair came up to him with a giant bear hug as a greeting. Mr. E, thin and weak as he was, struggled to breathe, let alone talk, through the tight grip that the man's arms held him in. Finally, he released him, and he had to take a moment to catch his breath.

"I'm glad... you could make it..." he said with a smile. Aggressive affection was still appreciated all the same. His placid expression suddenly turned to shock as he saw Mike drinking out of one of the two punch bowls on the drink table in the backyard: he had forgotten to label the bowls. Both of them were punch, but one of them was also heavily spiked with alcohol. "Ah... um..." He raised his hand and started to speak before realizing that he had also forgotten which one was which, and realized there was no point in mentioning it now. "I hope... you enjoy it," he said with a nervous smile. He then turned back to the counter, grabbed a fork, and started nibbling at his fish before it got too cold, first taking the lemons off the flesh before taking flakes of warm, buttery meat into his mouth. He took a moment to savor the mix of flavors, pausing in contentment before turning back to Mike, "Want anything from the grill?"

Mike sauntered over to the grill, and in a drunken stupor grabbed a burger straight off of it. "I'll have THIS hot dog. Now where'zza buns at..." He looked around for a moment, before spying something oddly resembling a hot dog bun. However, it was not to be, as this was the cleavage of one of the female guests. She did not appreciate having a hamburger stuffed down her shirt, and proceeded to slap him with the force of a baseball pitcher's fastball.

((Heheh, I'm having a bit of fun with this one.  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 pm
Mr. Eccentricity

While he worked, some dogs chased each other and played in the open yard around the pool. One slipped and fell in. Mr. E turned his head at the sound of the splash, at first looking surprised, but relaxed after figuring out what had happened and turned back to his work. Fish burned easily, after all. The dog had that fallen in easily doggy-paddled its way to the pool steps, stepped out, and shook itself furiously, spraying water everywhere, including on Kerana.

Kerana decided to take a walk around the vast backyard she came across a pool and looked at her reflection. She adjusted her new scarf a little admiring how cute she looked when she heard a big splash. She giggled when she saw it was a dog. Then she was sprinked with water as the dog shook furiously. "Hey! Stop that I'm getting wet!" Luckily it wasn't so bad but she shook her tail in a similar manner causing it to fluff up a bit.

Mr. Eccentricity

Kerana heard her name captured by her ears on her head. She smelled the delicious grilled fish which made her mouth water. "Yay! The fish is done :3 "
She rushed off as quickly she could. She found that another of the guests arrived. "Hi, I'm Kerana! What's your name?" She reached out to shake Mike's hand.

Michael Bladebreaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:19 pm
Kerana
Mr. Eccentricity

Kerana decided to take a walk around the vast backyard she came across a pool and looked at her reflection. She adjusted her new scarf a little admiring how cute she looked when she heard a big splash. She giggled when she saw it was a dog. Then she was sprinked with water as the dog shook furiously. "Hey! Stop that I'm getting wet!" Luckily it wasn't so bad but she shook her tail in a similar manner causing it to fluff up a bit.

Mr. Eccentricity

Kerana heard her name captured by her ears on her head. She smelled the delicious grilled fish which made her mouth water. "Yay! The fish is done :3 "
She rushed off as quickly she could. She found that another of the guests arrived. "Hi, I'm Kerana! What's your name?" She reached out to shake Mike's hand.

Michael Bladebreaker

Mike turned his head, a little bit dazed from the slap of a thousand suns. "Whuzzat? Who're you? I know I'm Missus Nesbitt. I need my tea." He picked up the cup he'd been chugging spiked punch out of, and proceeded to refill it for... Wait, numbers. Count was lost before Chocula.  

Michael Bladebreaker

Ruthless Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoshiko104
Vice Captain

Divine Pie-Maker

9,675 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:06 pm
Mr. Eccentricity

Wowza! Congrats Mr. E! I know I arrived quite late to the party sweatdrop But, wanted to wish you the best 3nodding We've had some good years on Gaia mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:22 pm
Michael Bladebreaker

Mike turned his head, a little bit dazed from the slap of a thousand suns. "Whuzzat? Who're you? I know I'm Missus Nesbitt. I need my tea." He picked up the cup he'd been chugging spiked punch out of, and proceeded to refill it for... Wait, numbers. Count was lost before Chocula.

Kerana's still was held out the man seemed not all together. Especially since he said his name was 'Missus Nesbitt'. "Pehaps we'll uh... talk later, Missus Nesbitt?"

Mr. Eccentricity served her fish. She took a bite, it was prepared just right. "Mmmmmm... good salmon!" cat_xd

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items