Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Friends to the End?(Starfire and Io)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 pm
User Image

The kingdom of Arboron was a very large, and very prosperous community. It had an extensive city at the base of the lord's castle and sprawling farmland all around. To the north there was a large mountain range with a dense forest, a natural boundary separating the neighboring kingdom of Merriloft. To the west, a great coast with crystal waters. Nothing lay beyond that ocean as far as anyone knew. Anyone who set sail away from port to find out what lay beyond the horizon never returned. To the south, past an oaken forest, lay a desert. In that desert, the only signs of civilization were the excavation site. That was where the kingdom sent their criminals to serve their time, digging up ore and minerals for trade. And to the east, the land became wet and swampy, riddled with nasty creatures and poisonous mist that caused all sorts of illness and disease. Another natural boundary with another kingdom. One that only a few trained scouts knew the way around, and they served as guides between the two kingdoms, when the need arose.

Japanesestarfire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:40 am
Our Heroes

User Image
Name: Anne Marie McMillan
Nickname: Mumper

Personality: Mumper is a bouncy, lighthearted, and whimsical child, always getting into things and going off to explore. She has developed quite a skill in talking her way out of trouble because of it. Generally a happy child, she never stays upset for long and she bounces right back to being cheerful and ready to get into more trouble. She is quick to make friends, but also quick to loose them due to her mischievous nature.
Likes: Being free to run and climb, sweets, shiny things, high places.
Dislikes: Shoes, getting caught at whatever she is doing wrong, being confined, shoes, reading and shoes. Also shoes.
Fears/Weaknesses: She is afraid of execution and dark, small places, especially underground. She is a scrawny one, so she's not very strng compared to others her age. She can carry her own light body over the obstacles she encounters, but put in a fight, she would do better to run or keep dodging.
Strengths/Skills: Mumper is fast, and agile. She is adept at climbing and jumping and landing from high places. She likes to steal her mother's dinner knives and practice throwing them at hay targets, so she had a little skill in throwing knives. She's aquick thinker and ca get out of most situations if she wants to.

Bio: Abandoned as an infant, Marie never knew her birth parents. Sometimes she dreamed that they were royalty and someone stole her from the castle and dumped her off in the carrot patch she was found in, and that someday, she would go to the city and be discovered. She had royalty in her veins, she could feel it. Or at least imagine it well enough to feel like she could feel it.

She was raised by an old farmer and his wife, miles from the city. She had made friends with the neighboring farmers' children, but it was short lived when the parents found out how much trouble she got into. Her only friends now are the farm animals, and what ever passing peddler and his son came by every now and then. That would change soon though. The anual farmer's festival was coming up, and she was determined to make a new friend, if not many!

User Image
Name: Ashford O'Neil
Nickname: Ash, Thorn

Personality: Ash is an outgoing and optimistic boy. Although generally easygoing and flexible about most things, he can be very stubborn and focused on what he wants and things he believes in. He's also quick to retort without much regard to his words if insulted or offended, though he does his best not to.
Likes: His father and generally all people in the kingdom, market days, treats, praise, being outdoors,
Dislikes: insults, rudeness, carrots, rainy days, chores
Fears/Weaknesses: Ash is afraid of his father ignoring him completely, being the fact he's the only family Ash has. A weakness he has, which he hates, is his klutziness.
Strengths/Skills: Ash is slightly skilled at sword fighting since he has been training for two years. He's also pretty good at sneaking around, so long as there isn't anything for him to trip on. He developed this skill solely to be able to sneak into the kitchen late at night for snacks.

Bio: With his mother gone due to a fatal illness shortly after his birth, Ash has been brought up by his distant father. Beyond his father's teachings of discipline and hard work, of his mothering came from the maids working in the castles who also gave him errands to run such as delivering lunch to the knights. At the age of seven he decided to please his father by learning to follow in his footsteps as a knight. He practiced sword fighting with the other knights, sometimes with disastrous results due to his clumsiness knocking over equipment or accidentally swinging and breaking windows. Despite the results, Ash felt a sense of praise from his father for his determination to learn.

Once Ash turned nine, the other knights had gotten tired of him making a mess of their training space constantly. They instead sent Ash out to a clearing in the forest nearby to be used as his training grounds instead, which he uses daily to try and hone his skills. On the way home he likes to wander the countryside and look at the growing crops and animals.  

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:55 pm
User Image Anne Marie "Mumper" McMillan

The day had been a long one. In fact, it had seemed like the longest day in Mumper's entire life. Granted, she had been on this earth a mere seven years, but to her, it was an eternity before all her chores were done and she could run to the farm house to pester her dear old father one more time. She burst through the kitchen door and shouted, "Done! With all of it! Can I please go now? It's gonna close afore I even get there!" She pleaded with her deep emerald eyes.

Today was the first day of the two day farmer's festival, and her mother had gone to sell some of the farm's produce while her father stayed behind to make sure Mumper did her chores. It was almost three hours past high noon and the day's festivities would end an hour before sundown. She only had about three hours left and she intended to use them wisely.

The elderly man looked up from his bowl of half cut green beans, a twinkle in his eyes, though his face betrayed no emotion. He glanced out the window, as if he could tell she was telling the truth, but she knew his eyesight was bad. She fidgeted while she awaited his answer, a small moan of anticipation escaping. Finally, he turned to her and smiled. "Run along then Marie. Visit yer ma at the stall an' she'll give ya some coin ta spend."

"Thanks Pa!" Mumper piped and spun on her heal, racing out the door and down the dirt path to the main, cobbled road. Her bare feet slapped the cold stone as she sped down the lane. She could not wait to see the shows and games. Taste the sweets and smell the lovely soaps and oils and be dazzled by the plethora of shiny objects and wonderful crafts.

((Ignore the developed breasts. She's seven but I couldn't find a pic with that perfect face.))

Japanesestarfire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 pm
Λsh•ℴ'ℵiel

User Image

"Hurry up, Ashford." His father's stern voice called from over his shoulder, tired eyes watching his nine year old boy stumble over a fallen brick in the path. "You said you wanted to help. You have to keep up." "Okay, Okay..." Ash mumbled as he picked up his pace to walk behind his father. It was just hard to keep up, he wasn't used to wearing the heavy iron boots the other knights advised him to wear. 'Think of it like a training exercise, Thorn. You'll have to wear these all the time as a knight. Might as well get used to them.' Well, now he was slightly regretting it. All the walking through town was starting to make his feet hurt. And his legs. What he wouldn't give for his regular shoes. Even walking in bare feet would feel better in comparison.

Usually at this time Ash would be heading back to the knight's barracks from his little training space in the woods, but today was different. It was the day of the farmer's festival. A day he would normally spend his time wandering the stands and sampling whatever free goods that he could, but not this year. This time he was following Father and the rest of the knights as they patrolled the area. The festival was usually a peaceful one but every now and then the knights would have to break up a fight between two drunken fools or something of the sort.

Ash struggled to keep up with his father and the rest of the nights, doing his best to ignore the heaviness of his boots and the delicious smells from the food stands. After a few more stumbles and struggles, plus a few snide remarks muttered from the other knights, his father let out a weary sigh.
"Ashford, go relieve the watchman at the festival entrance. Greet the townspeople as they come and go." He ordered, a slightly annoyed tone to his voice. "Yes sir.." Feeling a bit dissapointed in himself, the young boy shuffled away from the knights and made his way to the entrance.

{No problems! I'm iffy about my picture but I couldn't find much I liked. I was being picky x.x }

io3121

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:46 am

Mumper was barely out of breath when the fair came into view. She let out a squeak of excitement and sprinted the rest of the way, her fiery red hair flapping like a great red flag behind her. At the gates, she saw the expected sight, guards posted to greet incomers and to make sure no wrongdoers escaped the fair. However, there was one thing out of place among the posted guards. There was a boy, not much older than her by the looks of it, and he was standing with the men posted.

She slowed to a walk and approached, eyes locked on the boy and a huge smile dancing in her emerald eyes. "Whucha' doin out here? The fun is inside the fair, not out here." She said to the boy when she got to the gate. She heard one of the men cough to cover up an amused chuckle. When she looked up at him, he face was as grave as it had been when she was approaching. She dismissed it and looked back at the boy, hoping to make a new friend. She could use a new one. Most of the others she had made that year had been told to not be friends with her anymore. Their parents seemed to think that she tried to get into all that trouble. That was unture and unkind. She never meant to get into trouble, trouble just had a way of following her. That and anything fun around here was apparently off limits. If someone makes fun off limits, then of course she was going to get into trouble. There was nothing more dangerous than a bored Mumper.

"Come on! Let's go enjoy what's left of the fair!" She took his hand and tugged excitedly, not caring that she had never seen this boy before or that she did not even know his name. On second thought, he did look a bit familiar, but at the moment, she couldn't place him, so she didn't worry about it. "Come ON!!" She laughed invitingly.

Japanesestarfire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:26 am
Λsh•ℴ'ℵiel

User Image

Ash stood silently at his post at the entrance with the other guards, muttering halfhearted welcomes to all who passed. It bothered him to know that he disappointed his father. Again. And now he was stuck not learning anything. Just greeting people who happened to pass him. There was more to the post than that surely, like watching to make sure no shady characters came through, but he didn't think about that. To him this was just some sort of useless boring task.

He'd expected the rest of the night to be dull and boring. It wasn't as if any of the other knights chatted with him. Beyond teasing him most of the time anyway. He figured he'd spend the rest of the festival standing on his achy feet thanks to the heavy boots and wallow in his misery because of his screw up. It wasn't the most pleasant thought. Ash was surprised to see a girl about his age approach him, take his hand and urge him to enjoy the fair with her.

"Uh, Um...." He stalled, his blue eyes darting to the other posted knights. Shockingly to him, they looked amused at the whole situation. "Oh, just go, Thorn. We've got enough help here." One told him, waving his hand in a dismissive action. Ash nodded once before allowing the girl to drag him along, trying not to stumble in the process. "Okay, Okay!" He laughed. Spending time at the fair seemed a much more fun option anyway. And although he'd never met the girl before, she seemed fun to hang out with. Full of enthusiasm and kindness, he thought. He would deal with the consequences later. At that moment, he just wanted to enjoy the rest of his night and forget about his mess ups.

{Sorry about never replying until now! I have two weeks of class left so I've been doing final project things x.x Happy belated Thanksgiving by the way!}

io3121

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

Lunoh

Spoopy Werewolf

9,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:46 am

When the boy finally let her lead him away, Mumper skipped along, exuberantly happy with herself. "SO! What's your name? Mine's Mumper! Why were standing up there with the guards? Did you come to the fair by yourself? What do you like to do? Do you like sweets? I wanna go get some chocolate covered honeycomb! Oh do you like games? We should go play games! What do you want to do?" She stopped, realizing he probably needed a chance to answer in order to actually answer. Looking around, she saw they were standing by a row of food stalls. There were lots of people around and she pulled the boy off to the side in order not to get trampled.

She looked him over and deducted that he had to be from the city. He was wearing boots, and his clothes seemed really nice compared to hers.She was wearing one of her father's shirts that her mother had cut down to fit her, and a vest over it. Her pants were thick work pants and she wore no shoes.

"I never seen you before! Where ya from?" she asked yet another question.

{{OOC: no worries. I seem to take just as long if not longer. sweatdrop As long as we are still enjoying ourselves right? It's actually nice knowing we will both be willing to continue instead of getting annoyed that the other isn't posting. So many rp partners will drop you after so long of being absent. I think we make a good pair. 3nodding }}
Japanesestarfire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 am
Λsh•ℴ'ℵiel

User Image

"My name i-- Inter- I was-" After a few moments of trying to speak, Ash found it better to wait for the girl - Mumper - to finish her flurry of questions. He couldn't help but smile amusingly while listening to her though. It had been a while since he was in the company of someone his own age, and someone so full of energy at that. The guards had energy, sure, but they focused it on their duties. And they weren't much for conversation, and they usually conversed with each other. They always said it was grown up talk anyway, which seemed boring to him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ash. Mumper is an interesting name! I was with the guards because I'm training to be one. My Father is one too. Oh!" Ash quickly ducked behind the girl as a set of guards walked by. He peeked out to see his father staring blankly ahead. Once they passed he straightened up and breathed a sigh of relief. "Sorry 'bout that. Father doesn't know I left my post. As for what to do..."

The boy glanced down at his heavy iron boots. If he wasn't helping out anymore he found no sense in wearing them. As he looked down he noticed another thing: Mumper had no shoes! The sight made him laugh. This girl was certainly interesting. The sight gave him an idea. "Say, do you know any hiding places? I wanna get rid of these heavy things. Then we can get somethin' to eat and play somethin'. What do ya think?"

{No problems! And don't worry I'm still enjoying myself here! I'm actually enjoying the challenge of being a boy too haha, I just hope I'm doing okay! And I agree smile }

io3121

Japanesestarfire

Lucky Prophet

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas