Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[CLASS] C'mere, we're playing Mafia. (R1 results p4, openR2) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:13 pm
Professor Red ditched the gym and ditched the field in order to take over a classroom. It would have been more fitting if she could get ahold of a history room, but alas; the horrible symbols that decorated the Numberology classroom would have to do. Even if the giant number four on the wall gave her the creeps.

The former werewolf had taken over the large desk at the front of the room, scowling at the deck of cards held precariously by the tips of her claws. The cards began to hiss and snap as she shuffled them into position, quietly praying that they wouldn't rip and tear yet again.

For now, she just had to hope that the flyers she posted on the walls attracted students.

HOW GOOD IS YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE?
TEST IT AGAINST YOUR PEERS IN A GAME FOCUS ON LIES AND DECEIT!
CAN YOU MISLEAD YOUR FRIENDS AND FOES AND WIN?

FREE SNACKS.

All right so maybe the snacks were an afterthought. Red glanced at the bowl of candies on the desk, then turned her attention back to shuffling the deck of cards while waiting for players to show up.

The OOC

We are going to be playing a variation of Mafia/Werewolf! This variation will follow the One Night Ultimate rules in that there will be only one voting period, meaning depending on activity we might be able to squeeze out several games.

Interested? Great!
To keep things managable for me, please sign up with only one character. This character can be a student, alumni, horseman, or hunter in golem outfit. No guest/quest students at this time please, this is a class for enrolled characters only.

We will hopefully begin 24 hours or so from this post. Each round will be 24-48 hours long depending on how many participants there are.

The game rules we'll be using will go in the next post~

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:14 pm
Quote:
OOC:

We are going to be playing a variation of Mafia/Werewolf known as One Night Ultimate Werewolf, but with a TiH theme.

In this game, players will be divided into two teams: Villagers and Mafia. The villagers are attempting to kill a member of the Mafia, whereas the Mafia will do their best to ensure no one on their team dies.

Players will be assigned roles, who will then PM Marushii their moves if they have an ability. These moves can change or alter their role or someone else's role. This period will last 24-48 hours depending on the number of players.

After roles have been re-assigned, players will then need to convince everyone else of their role and accuse each other of their potential roles. This is an excellent time to have your character fly by the seat of their pants and accuse their fellows of outrageous things seriously anything goes.

At the end of the debating period (either 24 to 48 hours; time will be extended if there's a lot of RP action), players will ICly vote on who they think is a member of the mafia. The player with the most votes will then be "offed" and roles will be revealed.

ROLES YOU CAN EXPECT TO SEE IN PLAY:
These roles will be PM'd out. If you don't receive a PM, you are a villager with no special action. Don't worry if this seems confusing -- just focus on your role! If you're not sure what action you can take or what you should do, please contact me and I'll be more than happy to explain further.

Please note that not all of these roles may be used... And if for some reason we have a lot more people than anticipated, roles may be added.

Villager Team:

• Flamekeepers - Members of a secret society centered around fire. They know who each other is, and know for 100% that they're not members of the mafia.
  • Seer - A being with the ability to find out the role of one player, or find out two unused roles.
  • Hunter - If killed, this character will get to pick a person to kill and take down with them. This only activates if they are chosen to be killed.
  • Minipet Pooper Scooper - This being hates the village and hates their life and just wants to die and respawn somewhere else. Whoever has this role wants to be voted to die. If successful, they win the game.
  • Trick or Treater - Despite the rumbles of trouble, the ToTer is determined to cause mischief! The ToTer can switch the roles of any two players.
  • Insomniac - After roles have been assigned and switched, the Insomniac will be told what their new role is (if any).

Mafia Team:

• Bloodshots - What originally began as a coven of vampires expanded into an underground blood smuggling ring. While now they've expanded beyond their undead relations and blood-smuggling, the fact that they're a powerful underground organization still remains true. Members are usually known to one another by a ruby accessory, however since this is a card game all you get is a card instead. Deal with it. Bloodshots want to prevent Villagers from finding out who they are.
  • Minion - Supports the Bloodshots, however the Bloodshots don't know who they are. Minions act as decoys, taking the fall for Bloodshots. They will win if Bloodshots win.
  • Whispered Lie - A coven of ghosts dedicated to collecting and selling secrets. Whoever has this role can learn the role of one other player.

VIDEOS - SEE IT IN ACTION!:
I likely did a bad job of explaining the game above. biggrin ;;; If you're interested but still confused as to how to play, I highly suggest watching the game played out in video:
TableFlip (GameGrumps) Ultimate Werewolf Game 1
TableFlip (GameGrumps) Ultimate Werewolf Game 2
TableFlip (GameGrumps) Ultimate Werewolf Game 3
The folks at TableFlip play it a lot. Please note that the playlist on their site is horribly out of order. >_>a

If you have any questions please let me know so I can address them!

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:38 am
((aaaaah this sounds like crazy fun!))

A blonde reaper saw a flyer posted on a wall and spent some time studying it. She debated whether or not her current persona would allow her participation, but as it was a school-sanctioned activity (or so it appeared), Ruth found the right rationalization she needed to join.

She wasn't certain of her skill with misleading, but she was confident she was going to enjoy herself no matter the outcome. Also there was the promise of snacks. Settling in, she brought out her skellularphone and began to type.

chirigami
To: Olivia
Fr: Ruth

Would you care to attend the Mafia Class Red is conducting? It appears to be an interesting experience.

((feel free to have Olivia ignore the text. Just figured Ruth would want to invite her OvO))

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:09 am
Rojo was a terrible liar. He didn't eat. Why was he here?

The skeleton slid into a seat and folded his hands on the desk in front of him, watching their professor shuffle her snarling cards with an open-jawed grin.

Quote:
mafia has always confused and upset me but LET'S DO THIS maybe i'll cry c:

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:10 am
Games? Psychological warfare? Count him in.

He might have been too busy for pretty much anything lately but Andrew was here and he wanted to play. The flame demon waltzed on in and took a piece of candy on his way before settling into a seat. he was early. Oh well, who cared! It just gave him the advantage.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:59 am
Rosy wasn't a good liar, but she did like games.

A smile slips across the ghouls lips as she floats over to an empty seat. Without a word, she slides into her seat as she pulls out her phone. A quick message getting set to two boils before she place her skellyphone on the desk. Her nails tapping the desk from a brief moment.

She was eager to get this going, more so, curious as to what role she would get.

Text to Spinar
Come check out Professor Red's class. Its a game that I know you will enjoy.

Text to Zel
Come to Professor Red's class, its gonna be a scream.

Cheekiebirdiee

Torvil

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:38 pm
A smile of satisfaction twisted its way across the professor's lips as she counted the students that trickled in. "Good gloom," she greeted quietly. "We'll be starting later; feel free to chatter or text or work on your homework for your next class. Or whatever," she added as an afterthought. "I won't judge you for being a slacker. Right before class is usually when I'd do my homework anyway."

(( We'll be starting muuuch later today, but the good news is that we currently have enough for a basic game! o/ I'm hoping to run at least three games, so if people show up after we start this game we can add them into the next round. biggrin ))
Huni Pi

Smerdle
omg you *HOLDS* Mafia's pretty much a guessing game, and this version is a loooot less stressful than the original version <333

phantompanther13

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:24 pm
Psychological warfare?

This flyer would, of course, be the first thing Horace saw upon reaching the school. To put it bluntly, it sounded sort of dangerous and definitely the sort of thing he (she? plague doctors had such dubious genders after all) should check out. His breathing rasped heavily behind the plague doctor mask and suddenly, Horace knew why it sounded so familiar: Jannisari.

{if you are content to play silly games and pretend, do so. but there is better work to be done and you are neglecting it. at least your form is excellent}

{Oh, don't be such a spoilsport.}

For some reason, when Horace spoke to Jannisari, his voice tooke all all of the southern lilt he tried to scrub from it. It was annoying. Sighing (the sound amplified dryly by the damn mask), he slunk into the classroom. A large part of him was concerned with being found out, that some creature could smell the human on him. Flame demon, zombie?, a creature that looked perfectly human - those were the most dangerous, he thought. Someone's slime brushed against him and he flinched. All of these creatures here would be out for his blood if they knew. Death was intelligence, espionage: Horace could do this. Just pretend it was like the movies.

"Excuse me," he said (because maybe monsters were polite to their own kind), and sat stiffly next to a skeleton. Horace made a note to ask someone in Life division how to properly dismantle a skeleton. He did not think he would need to actively participate, just observe.

SmerdIe
hey bro, sup.

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:11 pm
Quillan loved games, but he didn't like nor was he good at deceit. It was sure to be interesting though. He was also really hungry, having skipped breakfast, so the line at the bottom of the flyer was especially enticing. He walked into the room, was slightly disappointed by the candy but took some anyways, and sat on top of one of the desks, legs swinging, as he waited for the game to start.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:52 pm
Rojo looked over and up as a plague doctor took a seat next to him. He was still smiling.

"Hello! You do not need to be excused! Do you know what sort of lies and deceit we will be playing today?"

xThe Semblance of Unity

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:19 pm
Classes were boring, most of them were boring as Kier wandered through the hallways looking for some sort of bench near the light to nap. The effort of at least showing up in the building should have been enough but some how her family didn’t feel the same. Still yawning she paused in front of a bulletin board, flyers were haphazardly stuck on the board with various titles all screaming for some sort of attention.

“All right I looked all I see is…Mafia?” Pulling the poster off she took it with her as she made her way to the room listed and took a seat at an empty desk.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:34 pm
Do homework? Andrew probably should have been doing that. Probably. But he didn't really have anything pressing at the moment. (He really should be studying for exams but honestly after being called home for so long it was more of a he had to figure out what all he needed to do again.) Games were more fun anyway. Andrew just casually pretended that he was not a slacker.

Andrew eyed his competition. The plague seemed to not really want to be there, settling next to the skeleton. And yet was so polite. Easy target Andrew decided.

Then his eyes settled on Blondie. Oh she was here, his little minion. he wondered how she would hold up under the circumstances. Andrew pulled out a package of crackers and tore off a bit of one to throw at his minion before eating the rest of it.

The Semblance of Unit
Hi just staring and trying to make you uncomfortable.

huni pi
Hi trying to get your attention.

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:36 pm
Zel had not expected to get a text from Rosy - not that it hadn't been welcomed. Plus he wasn't one to turn down the invitation to a class, so he'd gathered up his things and had headed down to the class. He'd seen the flyers about and had been debating going anyway - but Rosy's text had sealed the deal.

When he got to the classroom, he made a b-line for Rosy and plopped down in the nearest empty seat next to her. "Hey you, thanks for the invite." He chuckles, taking a moment to look around.

"So how have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!"

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:21 am
"Let's begin." Professor Red moves her claws together, carefully stacking the shuffled cards before she rises. "These cards will tell you your role. Do not let anyone else see them. After you have finished looking at it, place it face-down on your desk."

The professor began to deal the cards out one by one. "After you look at your cards, close your eyes. One by one I will call the roles to attention. Your card may be moved or exchanged. Do not look at your card. Allegiances change. Politics can shift unexpectedly. What you thought was red can suddenly become --" the teacher paused, cutting herself off. "What you thought was green can suddenly become purple. What was right can suddenly become wrong. What you thought you could change can suddenly be out of your reach. All you can do is trust in what you know."

The professor returned to the front of the room, taking an empty desk and spreading the remaining cards she had out in front of her. "Look at your roles. When you are ready close your eyes, as our game is about to begin."

(( DO NOT SHARE WHAT YOUR ROLE IS WITH OTHER PEOPLE, EVEN IF THEY AREN'T PLAYING THE GAME! You can reveal your role once the accusation period begins, but for now just make a post looking at your card and putting it face down at your desk.

Each of you will be receiving a PM shortly with your role and instructions for an action to take (if any). In order to take your action, you have 48 hours to reply to my PM. Your PM doesn't need to be IC. If you don't reply to me, I'm going to assume that you choose to take no action.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Spectators are welcomed, however Round 1 is underway~ ))

Huni Pi

Smerdle

phantompanther13

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

The Semblance of Unity

yylaayl

hanging gallow

Torvil

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:35 am
Ruth considered doing her homework, Authority Figures had that sort of effect on her (and her persona especially) but as she was about to bring out a textbook to study, she felt something land on her shoulder. She blurred in response, the edges of the reaper going fuzzy and unfocused in reaction. Well, if Ruth didn't look jumpy then she certainly looked jumpy now.

And she was going to play the skittish, nervous, I-will-easily-break role to its fullest. Partly in line with her persona, but mostly because it was just jacking good fun. She silently gulped, visibly scanning the room until she saw the flame demon. Her boss-man.

A relieved smile, one she'd practiced constantly, pulled at her lips and she gathered her things to approach him. She silently settled by his side, following his gaze to where the skeleton boil from SC and the plague doctor were. Why was Andrew watching them? Hmmmm... she pursed her lips in suspicion.

phantompanther13
Silent minion is silent

The Semblance of Unit
Hi, Ruth is joining Andrew in staring at you.

Smerdle
You too OvO

And then the class had started! Keeping secrets was easy for Ruth, be they short-term or for the long haul. Of course, no one knew that about her exactly, which was why when she took a look at her card, her mouth pulled into a silent cackle. As she placed her card on her desk, she made a show of sneaking a glance at the flame demon before fixing her hidden gaze forward. A smirk tugged at her mouth, as if the role was made for her.

Though she obediently shut her eyes from behind the fringes of her bangs, she also placed a hand over them. Last thing she wanted was to give their teacher a reason to suspect she wasn't playing by the rules.

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff