Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
New Zealand Pastor Tells Gay Christian: To commit suicide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:50 am
New Zealand Pastor Tells Gay Christian: 'I Pray That You Will Commit Suicide'

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Romans 12:21
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:05 pm
Wow... That's just, so...unbelievably wrong.

Homosexuality is a sin, and it is against God's desires. That being said, it is so, totally and completely not okay to treat people who are homosexual like that. I don't care who a person is, that's just a horrible way for a Christian (or anyone, for that matter) to respond to someone.

All acting like that does is make the rest of us look bad, and it gives even more leverage to those trying to promote homosexuality as being okay. Absolutely, I can understand not wanting to be a part of promoting that guy's book, but there is a way to decline that still shows compassion and displays tact.

Wow...just...wow. I'm sorry. I'm just so appalled that somebody could be that utterly heartless that they would actually and sincerely wish for somebody to commit suicide. DX I pray that God will soften that man's heart and that he would turn from such cruelty.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:47 pm
I concur with the previous poster that homosexuality is indeed a sin that goes against the desires of God. This New Zealand pastor however should have handled this situation in a far less hostile and confrontational manner. The social liberals who promote the homosexual lifestyle were sure to exploit this incident to attack Christianity and conservative Christians in particular. They have been trying to marginalize us for years now. We need not give them any ammunition to further their narrative. If this pastor had been smart he would have respectfully declined to discuss this issue instead of getting ensnared into the heated culture war. Or if he felt the need to discuss his theological position on this issue he could have done so calm and intellectually.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:43 am
Jewelies

Homosexuality is a sin, and it is against God's desires. That being said, it is so, totally and completely not okay to treat people who are homosexual like that. I don't care who a person is, that's just a horrible way for a Christian (or anyone, for that matter) to respond to someone.

All acting like that does is make the rest of us look bad, and it gives even more leverage to those trying to promote homosexuality as being okay. Absolutely, I can understand not wanting to be a part of promoting that guy's book, but there is a way to decline that still shows compassion and displays tact.

Wow...just...wow. I'm sorry. I'm just so appalled that somebody could be that utterly heartless that they would actually and sincerely wish for somebody to commit suicide. DX I pray that God will soften that man's heart and that he would turn from such cruelty.

That is true. It does give the world the excuse they need to not listen to us when we are talking. We have to be consistent in how we are dealing with people, and how we are dealing with sinners. Like God we should want everyone to come to repentance, and not want anyone to be lost. When we get fueled by hatred, we are no longer fueled by the Holy Spirit. When we want people to be lost we no longer have the mind of Christ.

Prince Ikari
I concur with the previous poster that homosexuality is indeed a sin that goes against the desires of God. This New Zealand pastor however should have handled this situation in a far less hostile and confrontational manner. The social liberals who promote the homosexual lifestyle were sure to exploit this incident to attack Christianity and conservative Christians in particular. They have been trying to marginalize us for years now. We need not give them any ammunition to further their narrative. If this pastor had been smart he would have respectfully declined to discuss this issue instead of getting ensnared into the heated culture war. Or if he felt the need to discuss his theological position on this issue he could have done so calm and intellectually.

They will exploit it, like they exploit for example what Westboro baptist church does for all it is worth. I am pretty sure that there will be a time in the future when we can't even talk about this. When it will be considered a hate-crime to bring up what the Bible say on the subject regardless of the way you present it. The world recognizes hypocrisy, so it is important that we are consistent in our dealing with people because though the world is familiar with hypocrisy because it is the language of the world we should not be. We were once sinners and enemies of God, so we do well to remember that we were once like they are, and some of us may even have used the same arguments against God, and against the church as they do. We do good to people to heap hot coals on their head (Romans 12:20).  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:37 am
Garland-Green
Jewelies

That is true. It does give the world the excuse they need to not listen to us when we are talking. We have to be consistent in how we are dealing with people, and how we are dealing with sinners. Like God we should want everyone to come to repentance, and not want anyone to be lost. When we get fueled by hatred, we are no longer fueled by the Holy Spirit. When we want people to be lost we no longer have the mind of Christ.

Prince Ikari

They will exploit it, like they exploit for example what Westboro baptist church does for all it is worth. I am pretty sure that there will be a time in the future when we can't even talk about this. When it will be considered a hate-crime to bring up what the Bible say on the subject regardless of the way you present it. The world recognizes hypocrisy, so it is important that we are consistent in our dealing with people because though the world is familiar with hypocrisy because it is the language of the world we should not be. We were once sinners and enemies of God, so we do well to remember that we were once like they are, and some of us may even have used the same arguments against God, and against the church as they do. We do good to people to heap hot coals on their head (Romans 12:20).

That is true. As if the WBC speaks for all two billion Christians on this Earth. I personally do not even consider the WBC to be an actual church or its supporters Christian. No true Christian would celebrate mass murder as they have through 9/11 and the Holocaust. Unfortunately I believe that time is coming sooner rather than later. Conservative Canadian and European Christians have already been silenced through politically correct hate crime laws. They can face massive fines for speaking out against homosexuality. I fear the United States will eventually move in that direction as well. The secular forces would love nothing more than to criminalize the (sexual) teachings of the Bible.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games