Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:03 am
Quote:
Cooking a rejuvenating soup.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He was a father.

That very simple fact had at first undone Once Forgotten and then neatly fit the pieces of his heart and soul together in exactly the way they should have been in the first place.

He’d walked through the pregnancy in a daze, swinging between doting father-to-be and a complete I’ll-never-be-good-enough wreck. The wait had seemed to last forever and each day his fears compounded. His own father had never been there, how was he supposed to know what to do?

Then the day came and there were five. Five. (Well, she was a Legendary, it seemed to make sense that she’d be fertile.)

His worries, his doubts, every single shred of uncertainty simply vanished the moment he laid eyes on them. He would do his best, he would be always be there, they were his and hers and all would be well.

It had been three days now and while he loathed to leave the eggs and sacs unattended (well, Cue was there and so was the wasp but babies need their daddy), it was his job to find the correct sustenance for his- his… mate? What did he call her now? What did he ever call Cue? Their relationship had always been undefined, even once she’d revealed her pregnancy.

Inspired by a recent visit to Rise&Shine and a run in with some doe who knew about roots and special healing plants, Once Forgotten had decided to try his hoof at cooking. Soup was the order of the day. It was already bubbling away nicely in an upturned turtle shell over a bed of coals.

However, there were a couple more ingredients he needed to procure, so with two (or twenty) quick backwards glances, he set out.

Jun D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, Cue had to give Once Forgotten one thing. Ever since she had realised (from the word 'go', of course, being a Legendary after all) she was now to be responsible for bringing five new lives into the world, she had been seized with existentialist doubt. She was not parent material, and, as much as she would never admit anything terrified her, this terrified her. There was really no reason for that - her own mother had been perfectly loving, if somewhat dim about the concept of child-rearing, and all about her she had family. Lots of family. Way more family than necessary for any one Kin. And still, it terrified her. All through the gestation, the (actually fairly easy - Kiokote eggs were a lot less squirmy and squishy than Kimeti sacs) delivery, and then the mute staring at three little eggs and two little sacs, she had been terrified.

Until now.

Now, she was still terrified, but it was more over the question of just what was actually in Once Forgotten's surely misguided soup. And that was at once much easier to bear, and much more immediately threatening.

Part of her entertained the thought of just running away forever, but then, she figured she had a responsibility now.

Damn.

Ruriska
SORRY SORRY I'M SO LATE! QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:42 am
He found the mushrooms first.

Once Forgotten was about to pluck the first one out of the earth when he realized there were at least three different kinds. One was orange, one was white and one looked like a snail had exploded.

He chose two of the orange ones with a quickly smothered twinge of uncertainty.

Down by the pond he collected the water plants, completely sure these were the ones that odd doe had mentioned.

A strip of grey bark and a twig of rosemary (he definitely knew the name of this one!) later and he was on the home.

"I’m back," he declared- and then softly to his unhatched young,"Daddy’s back."

Jun D
I would say perfectly on time!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:00 am
She groaned inwardly every time he did that. (And he did that a lot.)

"Are you...sure about this?" she eyed his acquisitions with tangible dubiousness, "I'm just fine, you know. Really. Really."

She omitted the bit where she wasn't sure she'd be fine anymore if she drank that.

Ruriska
Oh no I'm so sorry I keep forgetting I'm RPing! QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 pm
"Of course I'm sure," Once Forgotten said as he lined up his ingredients in front of his bubbling pot. "You might feel fine but your body is still recovering and you'll need all the nutrients this soup will provide."

He turned to look at her with an expression of open adoration, "trust me, please."

Jun D
and I keep forgetting my brain so we're all good xD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:39 am
And there it was, the thing that terrified her the most. The fact that, even as every fibre of her being rolled their collective metaphorical eyes at the dopey look on his face, she could feel a strange, alien, smooshy part deep inside her that went, aw, lookit that sweet face. She was trapped.

"You don't know a thing about mushrooms," she muttered...and unless she could muster up some amazing sleight of hoof, she knew she was going to drink it anyway.

Ruriska
AAAAH AAAHH I'M SO SORRY I HOPE THIS RP WILL COUNT FOR YOU QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items