Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Featherbrained (Hadaya & Aldara)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:29 pm
Aldara had been quiet as of late, and maybe a bit more studious... Certainly a lot less pushy, and definitely a bit more observant. She had shed her boisterous, outgoing tendencies in favor of giving in to a little bit of loneliness, feeling more than a little bit homesick while hiding in her room.

Today, however, she was a bit more like the self that she had become during her time as a 'first year' at Amity. She had dressed comfortably before finding a perch in the common room with one of her books, determined to make herself be a bit more social. It was in a similar manner that she had met one of her best friends; another monster, both like and unlike herself, and perhaps she would luck out again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 pm
Skye Starrfyre

Hadaya was still not used to this place, but at least he had managed to get inside, and settle in a bit. Well. Settle was a bit of a generous word for it. He shuffled awkwardly through the common room, trying not to bump into anything or do something stupid to draw attention to himself.

He was determined to change his luck. He knew that he was failure bound, and that whatever could go wrong would for him. And anyone around him, usually. But maybe changing his place, changing his day to day, and forcing himself to face some of the things that made him so awkward (like social interaction) , would do him good.

It certainly couldn't hurt, at this point.

He saw someone with wings (not exactly like his considering they were large and beautiful and his were... not) and cleared his throat, ordering himself to approach her.

"Uh. Hi."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:18 pm
Dark brows lofted over piercing blue eyes as she lifted her gaze to the other monster, light smirk on her lips. "Salutations." Aldara shifted from where she had been perched on the back of the sofa, hopping down to the floor with a soft thump. Her feathers ruffled in an almost preening manner as she eyed the other winged creature.

"You're new here." Hellloooo Captain Obvious! "My name is Aldara." The greeting seemed almost as awkward as the harpy ghoul was beautiful, but she tried to make up for it by extending her hand to him, bangle bracelets jangling about her wrist as she moved to do so.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:25 pm
Skye Starrfyre

Hadaya watched her, spreading his wings and then promptly tucking them back against his body, since they were not nearly as impressive as hers, and he had no business trying to pretend they could be. Maybe if he... grew up, or something, but he did not think he would ever hit that magical time for a Griffin.

He was pretty sure this was just how he was going to look, forever.

"I'm... uh... I'm..."

Wait, he had to know this one. He shook his head, biting his tongue for a moment just to distract himself from the bubbling feeling of awkwardness rising inside him. He could not let it win.

"I'm Hadaya. Uh. I mean. Just Hadaya, not... Hadaya-a. S-so, uh, you... go to this school... right?"

Well duh.

He held out his hand to shake hers, missed the first approach, then caught her hand firmly in his and gave her a much too enthusiastic shake to compensate for it.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:30 pm
Her head cocked to the side in a very bird-like manner and she watched him stumble over his tongue before missing her hand. When he caught it and shook it her own bit of confusion faded and he was met with a broad grin for his enthusiasm. The harpy's own hand tightened on his and she returned the shake, appreciating what she took to be a display of strength despite his nerves.

Once she had firmly shaken his hand in return she released it. "Yes, I attend this school. We are in the Monster dormitories and my room is..." She seemed as though she might show him right where to find her but at the last minute thought otherwise, shaking her head slowly. "... I nest here as well, as do many other monsters. I assume you are one then, yes? A monster, Hadaya?"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:45 pm
Skye Starrfyre

Hadaya swung his tail behind him, then up into his hand. He held it close to his chest, using one hand to play through the fluff at the end nervously. It was a habit of his when he needed something to focus on other than the person he was trying to talk to.

His eyes were aimed slightly down, avoiding her eyes completely.

"I'm a monster, yes. Uh. A Griffin. Well. That's what they say. I'm not much of a Griffin or anything else. Uhm. But I mean. I'm glad to be here now, and I'm hoping to uh... learn a lot? What do you... uh... do here?"

He had not really gotten all the details, he had to admit, and he knew less than he really should have, considering he was attending this school now. He wanted to change his life, and start something new here. The only way to do that was at the very beginning.

As difficult as that was for him.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:53 pm
"A griffin?" Again her head tilted, only this time it was due to internal thought and less because she was focused on him. Aldara ran through the various creatures that she had come across and could not recall having ever actually met a griffin before...

She shook her head to bring herself back to the present, walking a slow circle around him while trying to figure out exactly what a 'griffin' was without asking. Tiny wings, feline tail, fluffy. "How can you say that you are one of these griffin things without being much of one? You either are or you aren't, right? That would be like if I were to say that I both was and wasn't a harpy. I am, by the way." She flashed him another smile, trying to be warm about it.

"You will learn so much here; things that you will find useful and things that you might wish to forget. You will learn how to be the best monster that you can be; how to live up to your full potential... You will also learn about friendship, as I have, I am certain. Amityville is a good place and there are good creatures here. Strange creatures, but good creatures."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:10 pm
Skye Starrfyre

"Well I mean. I'm not really... sure. I don't know who my parents are, or... what they were, really. I just. kinda found out what I was as I was growing up. I might be wrong, maybe this school will tell me that. It's uh. One of things I was hoping to find out by coming here, I guess. If that's possible."

Kind of lame, he thought, needing to have others confirm what he was. It was a little sad, too.

"You're a harpy?" He had never met one before, he knew that much. Not that he had met too many of anything at all. His was a very... solitary existence, but he was trying to move passed all that and make everything the exact opposite of how they used to be.

"Harpies have beautiful wings," he said absently, as if his thoughts just slipped out of his head without his noticing. He stared at her for a moment, looking mortified, then tried to press on like that hadn't happened. "That all sounds like just what I want. I want to be better, and, I mean. Good at something. Anything. And I want to know other creatures, and just... this place feels like it's not real. Uh. If you know what I mean... that's stupid. Sorry."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:25 pm
Aldara gave the boy a slightly motherly 'there-there' look as he spoke about his parents, reaching out to gently rest a hand on his shoulder. She did her best to give him a reassuring expression afterwards. It was hard for her to understand creatures that weren't raised in the same manner that she had been; brought up with rookery brothers and sisters with the whole clan of elders as their mothers and fathers with true genetics only being brought up when it came to blaming great failures on someone.

"Thank you." She took her hand back so that she could spread her arms along with the wings attached to them, giving him a better look at her feathers as she accepted the compliment. "Mine were not always so; I once had scrawny wings with sparse feathers, no good for flying. I have learned much in my time here at Amity, though, and how to be better with my wings was but one of those things. You will learn too, and I assure you this place is very real... Although you may find that you are sometimes brought to other places that aren't."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:40 pm
Skye Starrfyre

Hadaya was not sure how Griffins were supposed to be raised, but he was definitely certain he had not gotten the right upbringing. He did his best, on his own, but there were some obvious... flaws. Things he missed or failed to learn. That was what school was for, right?

He was putting a lot of hope and faith into being here, but he had very little else.

Sight of her wings calmed him, and he admired them as she spread them for him, smiling and nodding thoughtfully. He wished his wings were nice, though they did the job. He could fly. Kind of. He was just not a very powerful flier and certainly not an impressive one. She could probably soar all over the place with those.

It might have made him a bit jealous, but he was too busy finding them beautiful and wondrous to notice.

"Places that aren't?" he eeped, snapping back into the conversation, "that doesn't sound good... but... I mean. Well, if you like this place so much and have learned so much, I'm excited to see what I can learn here, too." He smiled dopily at her, appreciating her time and attention, and everything she was telling him. It was very needed, to say the least.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces