Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Planning to Watch the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:07 am
Planning to Watch the 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie on Valentine's Day? Christian Authors Want You to Hear God's Perspective on Sex First  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:08 pm
I wouldn't imagine why anyone would want to watch that movie smut anyway. gonk emotion_puke
The commercials for it look cheap, and well it's nothing but sex...
I don't see why everyone is so focused on sex, it's everywhere you'd think people would get bored of seeing it all the time. rofl  

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:16 pm
That book... Fun fact, the writer actually started it out as a Twilight fanfiction. That says more than enough about it to me as it is. Aside from the fact it's smut and romanticizes an abusive relationship, that gives me plenty of reason to avoid it like the plague. (Although those other two reasons are the main ones as to why I'd really rather not read it.)

I really don't understand why they're releasing it on Valentine's Day, of all things. Really? I don't understand the logic behind it. It's not a romance story. At least not from what I've been told about the book from people who've actually read it, anyway.

I'd really like to know how they got away with an R rating. It's an adult erotica book. It should, at the very least, be rated N-17. Although really it shouldn't be a movie at all... Alas, that's the way the world has degraded. : /

I'm really glad that Christians are speaking out against this movie. I know a pastor from Minnesota is speaking against it, and is going to be live streaming his sermon about the difference between love and lust on February 14th. People need to know this stuff isn't harmless and it's actually quite damaging to people. It damages a person's self esteem and self worth, it damages their perception of a healthy sexual life between a husband and a wife, and it damages a husband and a wife's ability to be intimate with each other in the way God intended them to be.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games