[PRP] Turning Over A New Leaf

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:02 pm
VerityHattress

It was a gloriously sunny day for the middle of winter, and bright light streamed all through the hallways of Pageturner, the bookstore on the corner of Fifth and Beedrill in the heart of Camphoreon City.

Deep in the stacks of Pokémon training books stood a tall, dark-haired man in a green sweatshirt and cargo pants, paging through one of the latest releases to see if it had any advice he hadn't heard before. Not far from him, a chunky Bulbasaur was curled up in a sunbeam, making little happy noises as he dozed in the light. Kadota turned the book over, glanced at the price tag and frowned slightly, then put it back. Maybe next week. Always end up paying too much for the books with the color glossy pictures, he reminded himself.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:25 pm
Kadota-banchou

Not long after, a fairly tanned girl, with light brunette hair and heterochromia eyes of green and almost white blue, came walking into the store. Following by her side was a Snivy, a confident demeanor to him as he walked by his owners side.

Continuing through the store, the young adult girl went over to the grass-type section, beginning to search for some books.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:26 pm
VerityHattress

Absorbed as he was in his reading, the first thing that got Kadota's attention was the cessation of snoring from his Bulbasaur. Rex had roused from his doze, though he still remained sprawled in the sunbeam, eyeing the newcomers to the aisle as they approached. The Pokémon rumbled a soft "Saur" at the pair, the intent somewhere between I should really challenge you but I'm just too sleepy, and Welcome to my domain.

Kadota knew all too well what that particular "saur" meant, and he shot Rex a warning look that read don't try anything in the book store. Rex made a little snorting sound and dropped his chin back onto his paws.

"Hey there," the tall man said, moving aside to let the girl have a little more space at the shelves. "Looking for anything in particular? I've been all over these stacks in the past couple months."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:14 pm
Kadota-banchou

At the other's question, she turned to face him with a small smile. Better practice that happy girl act she was practicing ", I am looking for a book on strategies to overcoming the weakness of grass-type. It was brought to my attention and I want to make it as small of a problem as I can. Are there any books on that?"

The Snivy just shrugged and looked back at his owner, paying attention to her instead of the other pokemon.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:26 pm
VerityHattress

Satisfied that he'd won this particular contest, since the Snivy had yielded to his challenge without even a moment's fuss, Rex allowed his eyelids to sag closed again. Truly, the little plant Pokémon thought, he was the king of all he surveyed. And this sunbeam was so nice.

It didn't escape Kadota's attention that the girl's smile didn't reach her eyes. He put it down to concern about her Pokémon, for now. After all, that was the subject on the top of her mind, wasn't it? "Hmm. Are you just looking for battle advice? There's a pretty good overall manual, called Fight Right For Your Type." It was pretty far up the shelves, so he got a copy down for her so she wouldn't have to try to stand on tiptoe. It was a hefty paperback, with plenty of line drawings. "I have this one at home. It covers more than just Grass-types, obviously, but it helps to know your opponent's strengths and weaknesses just as much as it does to know your own."

He looked at the Snivy, then eased down to a crouch to offer to pet it, if it were interested, before glancing back up at her. "I think it's just as important to make sure that your Pokémon are well cared for, though. A strong spirit comes from a strong body and strong mind. So you might want to look at Growth, too. It focuses on care, feeding, and exercise for Grass-types."

Something about the stiffiness in how she held herself bothered him — like she maybe was feeling the need to prove someone wrong? He'd seen that before in so many people. "If you don't mind my asking, what happened? Sounds like someone gave you a lecture."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:11 pm
Kadota-banchou

"Those books sounds perfect," she smiled some, her Snivy giving a nod back. She took the book from him and placed it in her carrying cart. She thought she was pulling off the act well until the man commented on her acting like someone had given her a lecture.

"Huh? Oh no. That isn't it at all. I am new to this area, so I am... well... a bit uncomfortable. You understand? I'm just a little nervous."  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:51 pm
VerityHattress

Huh. Well, if she said so. Kadota wasn't entirely sure he believed her, but no one liked being caught out if they weren't feeling good. And he'd buy that she was new to Camphoreon.

"Sure, I getcha. Welcome, then. Camphoreon's a lively place. You'll like it," he reassured her. "Still getting all settled in? What part of town did you move to?" he asked, with interest. After all, he'd lived here all his life, and he'd be happy to give her some pointers on good places to eat or shop or whatever she needed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 pm
Kadota-banchou

"To be honest, I am still looking," she let out a bashful blush at that. She really hadn't found a place yet, as she had been sent out to find a place for her to stay when she was in this city ", I need a really cheep place to stay at the moment, but I actually do have some money and I'll have some more by the end of the month. That is why it is okay for me to get this book, because I do have the money and there is more coming in."  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:11 am
VerityHattress

"Oh yeah? Hm." A thoughtful expression crossed the tall man's face. "What's your budget look like? South side's a little sketchy, but it's cheap, and no one will bug you if you don't bug them first. If you've got a little more money, you might want to look uptown, though. They just put in some decent apartments up on Pine and Yanma, but they're about twice what you'd pay down on the south side. There's a subway stop right under the building, so it's easy to get around from there."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:55 am
Kadota-banchou

"Probably the South side to be honest. I don't have that much money I am afraid, but I do have quite a bit," besides, the south side sounded like the place to be for her ideal location. No one bothering you? Perfect!

Just then her phone began to ring, her checking it to see that she had received an egg. Well this was a pleasant surprise! ", Well now, I guess I am needing to get a book on Electric and Bug types now. Do you know anything on those?"  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am
VerityHattress

"In that case, steer clear of anything on Combee and Drapion. They're a little more sketchy. But anywhere else will probably be all right. Not necessarily the prettiest, but safe enough at night."

He frowned thoughtfully. "Can't say as I know a lot about either of those. Haven't had a need to look at them myself. But Professor Redbud wrote a series on each of the types." He pointed her at a long series of slim color-coded books. "I thought the one on Flying-types was pretty good, so they might be worth a try."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:30 pm
Kadota-banchou

"If you say they are good then I guess they are," she smiled, looking down at her Snivy. Finally she was going to be getting another pokemon! This was really exciting for her ", Are you going to enjoy some more company on the team Vine Leaf? I am sure they will like you. It is supposed to be a Joltik."

The pokemon grumbled some at the thought of a bug pokemon joining the team, just wanting to be alone with his owner. However, of Keita wanted this then he should probably try to like them. Even if they were a bug type.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200

Kadota-banchou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 pm
VerityHattress

"Heh. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but make sure you judge for yourself. What works for me might not be how you learn," he reminded her. "Congrats on the new Pokémon. Hopefully it won't be too much of a handful."

A snort from his Bulbasaur effectively said, << I heard that. >> Kadota quietly rolled his eyes. His Pokémon were some of his best friends, but no question that all three of them were their own unique forms of trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:36 pm
Kadota-banchou

"Still, it is worth a try right?" she gave him a small smile before heading to the cashier to get the books. Following quickly behind her was her Snivy, hurrying after her . He didn't like being a part from her at all, and he knew that Kieta didn't like it either when he wasn't with her either.  

VerityHattress

Hilarious Businesswoman

17,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Overstocked 200
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items