Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:04 pm
"Proygon, upload the new programming into the system and prep the simulation for the micro-prototypes."
it was with a heavy shoulders that the blond agent leaned back into the tall black leather computer chair that she had placed at her station in the robotics lab, the gloves from her hands removed, one elbow propped up on the arm rest to allow one of her scarred palms to support the weight of her chin as tired looking hazel eyes observed the monitor display in front of her brighten to life at her verbal request. a mechanical voice speaking in dull reverberating tones.

" -Beginning upload- Approximate time: One hour and- forty three minuets- "
The icon of her black Porygon flicked across the screen as it flitted around to boost the productivity of the new program that the sister department had finished for one of the most recent robotics projects.

Letting out a light sigh, the agent allowed her eyes to close momentarily, allowing the weight she had been carrying to press into her shoulder and eyes in a moment of lowered defenses, listening only to the gentle whirring of the machines around her, the flowing liquid on the massive cooling tank and the swishing of the small school of Carvanha within, and the soft voices of her pokemon in carious parts of the room.
Progress would have to stop for the time being, the upload was the next step, Faleen was caught up to this point.

Faleen didn't exactly want to slow down yet, sure she could take this hour and use it to take a break and rest, but resting would lead way to ideas and thoughts that she would rather forget at this moment. To spare her from this her mind began to frantically come up with something more productive she could do in the down time. Something, anything would do.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:37 pm
Adam mulled over the dex-text multiple times. This had to be the fifth edit or maybe sixth. It was a little nerve wracking, and he wanted to leave the best impression on Faleen that he possibly could. After all, this wasn't for him. Adam stared up at the empty bed on the other side of his room and frowned faintly. Nothing about Izaya made sense, but his feelings towards his roommate were even more unfathomable. I have a boyfriend, and a great cute one at that, yet that a*****e... Adam gritted his teeth as memories of "delicious" came back to mind. Sighing deeply, Adam reread the message and pressed "send":

Quote:
To: Agent Faleen

Hello Faleen! My name is Grunt Bones. If you have time, could I meet with you today? I'm very interested in robotics and computers, and would also like to ask you some questions. Thanks!

- Bones

It didn't mention Izaya, but Adam felt it was better to throw a general message her way first and then bring in the real issues when they were taking. Adam wanted this to work. Badly. Delicious-jerk-off wasn't around to offer anything to Izaya, and Adam wanted to help his friend. Even if it meant putting his neck out a little.  

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:07 pm
The subtle sound of her dex alerting her of a new message caused the blond to open her eyes slightly, glancing toward the device sitting intop its charging station mounted into her work console, a moment later the light chirping of her Porygon Z
"-Master: Message- Addressee: Grunt Adam Orvell.-"

Faleen's eyes opened more fully as she smoothly sat back up into a more attentive position, The name did not ring any bells, and after a quick search of her memories and the grunts she was familiar with she concluded that this was most likely not anyone she knew personally.
That of course raised the question as to why this Grunt was contacting her personally, more then likely it was possible that they were interested in a position within the tech department, such hopefuls were not rare to contact her about the opportunity.

Leaning herself forward just long enough to take up the device, opening the message folder as she settled back into her seat to read.
"Bones." her lips formed the name wordlessly, obviously a codename he preferred to go by, again not something that was very uncommon.
Reading on, her suspicions about the department she lead was confirmed, and with one more glance to the downloading screen. Time was one thing she did have at that moment.

Wth a swift swipe over the screen Faleen typed in her reply.

'Grunt Bones, your interest in the tech department is much appreciated, we are always looking for good candidates to join the team. As it happens, I have available for the next two hours, you are free to come down to the front offices on the tech floor where I will be available to answer any of your questions.

- Agent Faleen'

It seemed she would have something to occupy her time after all.
Pushing herself out of her seat, the Agent gathered up the gloves sitting on the consol, and worked them back over her rough work hands, looking back to the screen "Alert me of any changes." she told the Porygon,

"-Command: Acknowledged-" the mechanical voice replied.

"Froakie, Scraggy-" Faleen called "Both of you come with me. Zoroark- you stay with the lab."

From a few yards away, two smaller pokemon hustled toward their master, further even then them a darker glistening form of a shiny Zoroark stood, and dropped her head low in acknowledgment, Faleen walked briskly out, heading toward the main office where she would wait for the grunt to arrive.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:17 pm
Adam mussed with his hair one more time, a deep frown of displeasure crawling over his face. This wasn't working. It didn't look put together or presentable. More like slicked back and awkward. Finally giving up, Adam shook his head and allowed his hair to lay naturally. It was, after all, much more comfortable this way.

Putting his dex in his pocket, Adam left and headed for the tech department. Taking a pokeball from his side, he released Manny who yawned and drifted lazily beside his trainer, "We're gonna be meeting Faleen." Manny snapped awake at that and stared incredulously at Adam. "Ghastly?"

"It'll be fine." While Adam sounded assured, the frown undermined his confidence.

"Ly..."

The office wasn't too far away, but it felt like it was miles. Adam's nervous energy become heavier to carry, a burden he was ready to throw off immediately. As he walked into the front office's door, he noticed a woman in an Agent uniform standing around. He hesitated and then approached her, Manny in tow, "Hello. Are you Agent Faleen?" Whatever misgivings Adam had prior to stepping through the door were skillfully hidden. He presented an excited and eager grunt.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:10 am
Faleen had been standing by the office bulletin board when Adam walked in, gloved hands folded behind her back and a neatly warn white Agent's uniform, though with a few custom modifications including leggings black fingers on her shorter gloves and a mechanical strap placed firmly around one of her forearms, its use unknown for the moment save for a megastone clamped firmly into its metal body.

When her name was spoken the women turned to address the speaker, being met with a taller blond man, though the way Faleen held herself gave more to her stature then anything.
Her face was tired, with bags under her eyes from long nights and hard work, though her eyes were alert, and her features set with a strong but polite attentiveness.
Her posture tall, shoulders squared and each movement she made seemed to have a calculated but smooth purpose to it.

"And you must be Grunt Bones." Faleen spoke in return, turning to face the man fulling and pulling a hand out from behind her back to offer a hand shake.
"You have good timing Grunt, an hour earlier and later and we might have had to make a later appointment."

The pokemon with Faleen remained silent and in the background, Faleen did not look to them or introduce them, The first was a Shiny Froakie, the lighter tinged skin that seemed to glisten with a sheen only a true shiny held sat with a watchful distrust, while the Scraggy- the pokemon looking no more extraordinary than any other normal Scraggy stood next to his team mate with his mouth slightly agape, stubby hands clinging to his loose skin pants to keep them from falling down.
Unseen to anyone in the room would be a third pokemon, one Faleen kept around at all times for various reason, though rarely- it at all called upon.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:48 pm
Taking the offered hand, he gave it a firm shake, "Well then I am really lucky." Adam's eyes momentarily diverted from the intensity of Faleen's gaze to the pokemon. A Shiny Froakie and a normal Scraggy. It appeared that the Agent wasn't going to introduce them, but that was fine. This wasn't a pokemon playdate, and besides, Manny was hovering in the background by the door in his usual nervous, shy manner.

Looking back at Faleen, Adam withdrew his hand and smiled excitedly, "Thanks for meeting me, Agent. I have a lot of questions and I was hoping that, if you have an opening, I could join work in this department and the IT." He was sure that Faleen accessed his info, so he didn't feel the need to spill out any credentials.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:34 am
Faleen embraced his hand in a firm but not uncomfortable handshake not breaking her own eye contact even as his attention moved momentarily down to the creatures standing behind her.

"I see, well I am the lead Agent in the robotics department, we have tech hardware and develop new tech for Team Rockets use in the future, always improving and building, staying ahead of the game as much as we can."
Loosening her hand from Adam's the Agent slipped it back behind her back and folded them into one another.

"I will be happy to answer your questions and give you a tour, is it Robotics specifically that you are interested in joining? You did just mention IT."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 am
"Both, actually." Adam wasn't sure if that was an acceptable answer to her question, but decided honesty was better than trying to hedge the truth, "I love computers and programming, but I like to build too and work with programming with things. So uh... Both." He laughed softly, a hint of nervous energy mixed into it.

"A tour would be terrific, Agent. Thank you." A question itched on his tongue, but he wasn't sure if right now would be the opportune time to deliver it, or to wait patiently until the end of their meeting.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:58 am
Faleen tilted her head lightly at the response, eyebrows arching in interest to his reply. "Then I suppose it would be depending on what department you work better with during your employment as a Grunt. It is the opportune time to show your work ethic, the more devoted you are the more opportunists you get to help with minor things for Agent's projects, and to secure a spot in the department when you are promoted to Agent and can work on the bigger projects." she explained bringing a hand back out to gesture forward toward the door.
"If you would follow me."

At those words she made her way out into the hall. "Both departments are time consuming on their own, we've never had an individual successfully work in both before, That isn't to say that an individual can prove they can do it, just that, none have been able to yet, or so desired to."

The Agent lead Adam back out into the hall, where she stride at a comfortable pace, Her Pokemon following along behind her; Froakie with a more dutiful attentiveness, while Craggy staggered along trying to hold his pants up off the ground and getting tangled with his legs.
Faleen stopped at a large metal door, reaching to her belt where a collection of closed pouches hung from, and pulled loose a card of some kind that was then swiped through the keypad.

The heavy doors shifted, and slid open with surprising ease, allowing the two to enter into the Robotics labs freely.

"-Guest: registration required?-"
To the far right was a collection of work spaces, spread out and littered with parts and tools from projects that each person was obviously working on. complete with open work aria, individual work benches and a display monitor over a console that was fitted with hologram display and touch screen capability.

The rest of the room was devoted to much larger machines, most of those concealed almost carefully by hanging slabs of black walls though the sound of people working were coming from behind them.

"Please Grunt Adam Orvell guest access, sigh by Agent Faleen Ewell-"
The Agent spoke before entering the room any further. one of the computer displays blipped up a number of records before completing.
"-Guest Access: Granted.-"
the computer from this work station seemed to have more space then the others, next to it sat what looked like a large fish tank, with pipes running out of it in all directions. The image of a black Porygon Z floated on the screen, its head and limbs rolling as it flitted around the files and program of the computer.

Faleen glanced to Adam "For security reasons please remain with me at all times when in the lab. I'm certain it goes without saying, this is Robotics."  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 pm
Faleen seemed to accept the response, offering good helpful details and interesting tidbits. It was oddly comforting, but at the same time disconcerting. This wasn't the image of the impossible to deal with woman that Izaya had given him. Then again, information from his roommate came in fits and bursts and was most likely clouded with enough bias to choke a horse. Adam mentally shrugged of the train of thought and followed Falleen into the hall, contemplating if he could be dedicated enough to work in both situations. It sounded like a challenge and that brought a rush of excitement to the teen.

Standing two steps behind Faleen, he followed her into the Robotics lab. If stars could appear in his eyes, they could have. All around was the scent and sound for work, tinkering, and it set Adam's heart at ease even further. Working with his hands, getting dirty... This was what he enjoyed a good deal doing. Manny seemed enthralled as well, and floated right behind his owner, staring owlishly at the black walls.

The voice asking for registration, broke his concentration. Faleen's answer, and with his real name, made Adam flush unconsciously. Yeah.. Of course she'd know it. Agent's probably could access all information. It must have appeared so embarrassingly newbish to have given a code name. Still, she hadn't ridiculed him for the name, and again he found the Agent's status increasing in his mind.

He had been observing everything, looking at the monitors which made him want to drool, to the stations with bits and pieces... Ugh. Adam wanted to sit down and start to play, his fingers twitching in anticipation as for a moment his mission as forgotten. Faleen's words snapped him back, and he grinned at her impishly, "Sure thing, Agent. I can follow that order. This isn't just Robotics, this is ******** amazing." Adam let out the word of delighted praise and took to looking back around.  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:52 pm
A pleased smile formed over Faleen's lips as she took a moment to look over the room, a much new and admiring look on her face. "I share much the same sentiment." the agent agreed, though in a much more formal way then Adam's choice of language. "The robotics lab is responsible for most, if not all the tech that is used within the base." She explained "We keep everything up to date and working at their peak, as well as look to the future of our technological improvements and implementing new merchandise and tools for the team to use."
Reaching out to gesture with a hand "We value innovative minds, something I'm proud to say we have an abundance of in the lab team so far."

As Faleen turned to Adam, Scraggy hurried over toward the seat in Faleen's work aria, reaching his arms up to pull himself up onto the chair, though half way there losing grip on his pants, that he struggled to re-gain hold on, resulting in the smaller pokemon to become stuck halfway hanging off the chair.

"If you don't mind." Faleen said, looking back over to Adam "I would be interested in hearing about what experience you have with technology."  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:12 pm
Adam listened to Faleen's explanation. Already a million ideas popped in the grunt's mind. All the tech that the rockets had was, well, amazing. And it all came from this place? He was already itching to get to tinker and look and touch everything in grip, and now the sensation doubled. No tripled. He grinned toothily and whistled slowly, "This is pretty amazing, Agent. Very impressive and so so so cool."

Adam's attention turned to the struggling scraggy. Instinctively he took a step forward, but quickly froze in place. Would it be wrong to help out someone else's pokemon? He'd furthermore be walking away from an Agent. Faleen seemed very... Formal. And from what his roommate had mentioned, didn't take a lot of nonsense. Still...

As he moved towards Scraggy, he spoke, raising his voice so Faleen could hear, "Uhm, nothing formal. Sorry. Mostly just been workin on my own s**t. Like computers and junk. But I never had much money, so I've been mostly retrofitting crap, programming old things to work with new, buying junk and patching it together to make it run. Stuff like that."

Kneeling, he smiled and spoke soothingly, "Hey buddy. Looks like you need a hand." Gently wrapping his hands around the waist of the Scraggy, he helped to lift it into the chair.

He turned his head and smiled at Faleen, "Your Scraggy is cute. What's his name?"  

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items