[B]Something more (Flash Flood & Wildflower Breeze) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:40 am
It was a strange thing to Flood. He felt lost, and maybe a little overwhelmed. He liked Black Powder to be sure, but was there something more to it? He felt incomplete at the moment, and that was why he escaped to the depth of the swamp to hunt. He would bring back something fine for his lady friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:48 am
And what should be sitting pretty on a low branch across his path but a lovely songbird - a little plain as far as markings went, perhaps, but the warm colors of its feathers were lovely to behold. Its back to him, it sang a joyous song into the crisp, cool air.  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:54 am
Flood's ears twitched forward. He heard the song start up and glanced about. His eyes fell on the autumn-colored bird sitting low on a branch. Not a very filling meal, but it was at least something. His steps slowed and he started gliding through the shallow waters, much like a caiman would. But there was a nagging at the back of his mind. This was a songbird... perhaps it was not best to eat it, but perhaps befriend it? He wrestled with himself until he was near enough to leap at the feathered thing. How did one befriend a familiar? Flood realized he had no idea.

"Hello... pretty bird?" Oh that was foolish.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:03 pm
At the sound of the buck's voice, the songbird fluttered away onto a higher branch. It turned one beady eye to look at the kiokote which had interrupted it, tilting its head this way and that.

If its eye seemed to shine brightly for a moment, it was probably just a trick of the light.

After a brief pause, it whistled again, something very much like a question, though in no language most kin could understand.

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:06 pm
It took flight. Well of course it did. Flash Flood had probably startled it! He watched the bird sit on the branch higher then he'd be able to reach. Well, now he just felt dumb.

"Sorry to frighten you little one." He sighed. Perhaps what he was seeking wasn't here. "Stay high in the branches where it's safe. We don't want to see a Caiman jump out of the water and grab your tail feathers." Why was he talking to a bird? Maybe it was because of how the light caught the bird's eye. It almost glowed, and it looked intelligent.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:17 pm
The bird gave a strange cry almost like laughter, then preened the underside of one of its wings.

"I appreciate your concern," the bird sang with the voice of a buck, "but I can look after myself fairly well, thank you."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm
Did... he just hear what he thought he'd heard? Flood stared up at the bird as it preened. "...I must be losing my mind. I swear you... just spoke." He'd only heard tale of animals that spoke with the kin, spoke like kin. Simple legends, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:21 pm
"That would be because I did," the bird said, puffing up its breast with just a hint of bruised pride. "Haven't you ever heard of talking animals before? Or kin who can change their shape? Honestly."  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:26 pm
"By the mane of the motherfather!" Flash Flood stared at the bird in awe. "I- I have indeed heard of them! But never... I mean... I thought they were simply... stories! I'm sorry. I mean-" Well, he didn't know what he meant. This day was just getting more and more confusing. "I did not mean to offend. I came here hunting and looking for something. You threw me for a loop."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:29 pm
The bird fluttered down to the lower branch again, and regarded the buck with first one green eye, then the other.

"Hunting for something, eh? A treasure, perhaps? A meal? Or maybe some peace of mind? I may be able to help you find what you seek."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Pelei

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:23 pm
Kitty Sprightt
hi mule post from lural

Flood listened to the bird; a thing he never thought he would do, as it sounds dedicated absurd. "Piece of mind, I think. Though a meal or a gift is a close second. ... what do females like, do you know ow?" He asked curiously.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:51 pm
The bird made its two-note laugh again. "Son, if every doe liked the same thing, there wouldn't be enough of it in the swamp to satisfy everyone. If you want to get her a gift, learn what your doe likes - or make an educated guess. Usually it's the thought and the effort that matter.

"Though," it continued with a thoughtful tilt of its head, "I may have both your gift and your peace of mind. A strong, healthy family is always a good present, in my experience."
Peiei
it helps if I spell your username correctly oops

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Pelei

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 pm
Kitty Sprightt

"Family?" He repeated the word thoughtfully. That did seem to be quite an interesting notion. And with the emptiness he often felt, mate that was what he was hunting for.

"You might be right! Yes, a family..."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:24 pm
"I can't know for sure without meeting the doe herself, but you may already have started down that path on your own," the bird tittered. "But I can help as well, if you'll have my assistance."
Peiei

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:31 pm
Kitty Sprightt
My mule's name is actually PELEI xd

Flood didn't even think about that. "I would gladly accept your help." He answered eagerly.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff