Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Pastor Vows to Protest Lesbian Bishop Speaking

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:47 am
Pastor Vows to Protest Lesbian Bishop Speaking at American Baptist College: 'We Do Not Wear Our Sin as a Badge and Parade It'  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:39 pm
Apostasy.

And this...
Quote:
"We don't feel you have the right to live any way and be respected in the congregation of our faith," he said. "There is nothing holy about lesbianism as there is nothing holy about heterosexual adultery."

...were my thoughts exactly before I even read the article. I thought of people wearing a red "A" on their clothing to suggest they're adulterers and flaunting it proudly. :L  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:05 am
real eyes realize
Apostasy.

And this...
Quote:
"We don't feel you have the right to live any way and be respected in the congregation of our faith," he said. "There is nothing holy about lesbianism as there is nothing holy about heterosexual adultery."

...were my thoughts exactly before I even read the article. I thought of people wearing a red "A" on their clothing to suggest they're adulterers and flaunting it proudly. :L

Very sad... I think it is very good that there are people still who will raise their voices when they see something embraced that diverges from what the Bible teaches us. For those who are wondering the word apostasy means the abandonment or renunciation of a religious belief or principle.

A few verses about apostasy;

1 timothy 4:1-2
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them. What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow, after washing herself, returns to wallow in the mire.”

Hebrews 6:4-8
For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.

Matthew 24:9-11
"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. "At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another. "Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games