Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm
techabyte

It wasn't too often that Zacharie had enough free to leave the base, but when he did...he liked to wander.

"Banette." Jabari yawns and shielded his eyes from the sun as he trailed after his trainer. "I heard that there's a facility here with a notable doctor, I'd like to check it out since I have the time." He shifted the bag slung over his shoulder absently as he checked the map he'd printed out before leaving the base. He knew that he could check his RocketDex and consult Virus for help...but he felt immensely uncomfortable pulling the device out in public. "Baaaaaaaaaanette." The pokemon grumbled, glancing around with exasperation. "Banette!" The teen turned and looked to where Jabari was pointing and gave a slight sigh of relief.

His sense of direction was not the best.

"Hello?" He called as he pushed the door to the clinic open and stuck his head inside.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:02 am
Mortdecai had just opened shop. He spent weeks cleaning it up and making it what he wanted it to be, and it was just now that he was able to start capturing Pokemon and working at what he found most passionate. He wiped some sweat from his brow as he worked at finishing the paint on the walls in the main room. All he needed to do now was clean up the mess and hang some pictures. He had a few that some children had drawn for him, and he had them all framed and ready. But paint had to dry, after all. His head tilted to the side as he analyzed the colors. Nice and warm. He was sure it would work out well! That people and Pokemon alike would enjoy it.

"Whatcha think, Leto? Yes or no on the paint?" Mortdecai asked, tilting his head the other way. "Yes, yes! Chatot ot!" Leto, the Chatot, flew forward, landing on Mortdecai's shoulder. His feathers ruffled slightly before he settled down easily. Mortdecai smiled lightly and reached, petting his breast feathers. He turned when he heard the door open, blinking at the boy that walked through. Mortdecai smiled politely and waved a hand toward him. "Ah, good morning! Welcome. Can I help you?" Mortdecai asked, smiling politely. He knew he had nothing to offer other than Chatot's assistance, but he was at least going to be polite.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:14 pm
techabyte

Before Zacharie had a chance to greet the man, Jabari blew past him with an annoyed, "Baaaanette."
The teen paused, glancing from the man, to the Chatot perched on his shoulder, to his own pokemon, and then back to the man. "...Good morning." He said after a beat, slowly pushing the door fully open before stepping inside and closing it behind him. He'd just have to ignore Jabari's irritability for the moment. Straightening out the grey sweater vest he had chosen to wear, he took a glance around the room. It didn't seem like it was particularly ready to see patients. "I hope that this is not an inconvenient time." He said slowly, eyeing the pictures waiting to be hanged with some interest.

Oh, he should probably introduce himself.

"My name is Zacharie Dubois." He said, taking a few steps closer to the man and holding out his hand for him to shake. "I heard about your clinic and I got interested...so I thought I'd come take a look. If that's alright?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 pm
Mortdecai honestly hadn't thought about someone coming in so soon. He hadn't released a flyer or anything to say that he was going to be open. Or, well... anything. He needed to figure something out. He still had to go out and capture more Pokemon in order to open fully. Until then, his services were limited. Limited to Chatot. He reached and grazed his fingers along the white feathers of his companion before focusing once more on Zacharie. He tilted his head, his smile never faltering as he watched the purple haired younger man. He almost was bouncing on his heels. The sight of the Banette distracted him for a moment, and he smiled in greeting toward the ghost type before looking back at it's trainer.

He shook his head, waving a hand toward the man at his apology. "No inconvenience at all! I'm still settin' it all up, but yea... I'm willing to help out where I can, ya know?" He said, laughing. Leto flapped his wings, squwaking lightly in response before shifting to get comfy. Mortdecai laughed some, shaking his head. He focused once more on the purple haired trainer. Zacharie Dubois he said...

Wait...

Mortdecai paused and focused once more on the trainer. A Dubois... He'd heard that name. His eyes flickered toward the book shelves near some of the waiting chairs and skimmed titles and author names. After a moment he reached and pulled a book out enough to glance over the cover a bit more, and then slid it back into place. Keep calm, don't freak out. Just breath. In and out. He rolled his shoulders slightly before looking once more at the trainer and focusing fully. "Zacharie Dubois... It's a pleasure to meet you! My name is Mortdecai Diya. By all means. I can answer any questions you may have!" He said simply. Calm. Keep calm.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:05 pm
"I appreciate your willingness to have me here." Zacharie said earnestly, adjusting the strap of his bag on his shoulder. He watched curiously as the taller man shifted and seemed to take an interest in a book on the bookshelf, but didn't question it. He himself often got sidetracked by books so he really couldn't fault this man for his diverted attention. Jabari, on the other hand, was much more curious than his trainer. "Baaaaannette?" The ghost type lazily peered over the man's shoulder and peered down at the book that he was looking at. He couldn't read, of course, but he could vaguely recognize the lettering on the book. The Banette cackled from behind a floppy hand before drifting back to Zacharie and settling on his head.

"Jabari, it's rude to read over someone's shoulder." The teen scolded, swatting the pokemon's hands out of his face. "You'll have to excuse him. He's got a rather...upfront personality." He smiled lightly. "We're both glad to meet you though, Mortdecai. Are you running this clinic by yourself?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:58 pm
Mortdecai smiled as easily as he could. He needed to keep calm. needed to figure out how to bring up the fact that the last name was so known to him. He shifted some and put his hands into his pockets. He glanced up toward the Bannette, his head tilting some. He smiled toward the ghost type, seeming unbothered by the Pokemon, at ease even. Leto on the other hand glared when the Ghost came close enough to his personal space. His feathers fluffed up some and he threatened to squawk at the ghost. Mortdecai shushed him gently, before looking back toward Zacharie again. He smiled kindly, and moved to continue working as they talked.

The question made him tilt his head back, picking up a picture as he did. "Huh? Oh. Yea. Uh. Sorry, yes. At least for now. I'm still a small place, ya know? So I don't think that we'll have much clients for a while. And when we do, I may hire on an assistant to help. And I have Leto to help too. Gotta get some more Pokemon too." He murmured. He thought about bringing some of his personal party, but he needed to hold back. They weren't trained like Leto was, and it would be hard to teach them what he needed them to do.

insidiousEnigma

techabyte

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:59 pm
techabyte

The teen nodded in understanding as he took another look around the lobby area. "Nothing to apologize for, everyone must start somewhere." Rome wasn't built in a day...or something like that. Besides, he wasn't in a position to judge anyway. While he was making ginormous leaps in his studies with Team Rocket, it wasn't as if he was in charge of anything of particular importance. In that respect, Mortdecai was doing much better than him.

"You said you needed more pokemon...do you use them frequently for your treatments and diagnoses?" He asked curiously as he tugged a notepad from his bag and fished a pen out from the front pocket. "Pokemon have various properties that can be useful when creating medicines but it'd be a bit crowded if you were to keep too many pokemon about. What do you use the pokemon for? If you don't mind my asking."  
Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games