[PRP] Just The Right Catch [Silent Land/Little Poison] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a trap.

A particularly well designed one, considering he hadn’t even noticed it until it was wrapped around his antlers. Probably originally intended for birds, he mused from where he was leaning heavily against a fruit tree. Ingenious really, the way it tangled and would make flapping wings useless.

He would have to congratulate the creator, provided they came along. Someone was bound to, sooner or later and it wasn't as if he was going anywhere.

Into the Silent Land stood chewing on the piece of fruit he’d managed to reach, the vine contraption coiled tightly in his antlers and restricting his movement. He had tried to pull free but it seemed far too much effort and he was content enough with waiting.

Jun D
It needs to be a thing where all her potential suitors are introduced through trap mishaps. 'Hey look, Poison caught herself another boyfriend!'

Also sorry, I just kinda made up some sort of trap idea thing, I don't know if a tree net is even a thing she would do. xD; Let me know if I should change anything aaaand by the looks of it Silent Land is going to be a fairly straight-laced character. I'll have to shake him up and see what other secrets he has.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Oh dear."

The sigh that rose behind him was part mortification, part apology, and all exasperation.

"I am so very sorry," it was a neat cream doe that trotted round to the front, "you were not the intended recipient of this trap."

Ruriska
HAHA YES. This will now be her thing. XD And actually you invent the best traps for her, this is great! <3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:51 am
"I had presumed as much," the buck replied in an amused baritone, pleased his wait hadn't been long at all.

He waited patiently until she was in front of him and then proceeded to dip his head, or tried to. To his obvious consternation, a frown that narrowed glowing-blue eyes, he was unable to shift his head downwards the required amount. This inability to give a proper greeting was more of a nuisance than being caught in the first place.

"My apologies, I am not in the position to greet an artist as she deserves." He sucked a massive breath into his chest and let it out as a long sigh. "If you would be so kind to free me of this contraption, I will most certainly rectify myself."

Jun D
haha, rping with you always makes me feel so good >3< <3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:31 am
Oo-ooh. His complete unnecessary apology (for something that was technically her fault in the first place) for not being able to greet her - an artist - as she deserved rather put the ba-dump ba-dump in her chest. It didn't hurt that he was a handsome, princely fellow, to be sure, but that courtly manner...

It took a second before she realised she was staring dreamily.

"OH yes, I mean - oh no," she hastily replied, scrambling over to the tree with mighty embarrassment, "That is - no, no, the apologies are all mine, I have inadvertantly landed you in this predicament, and - oh yes, I shall free you right away."

Ruriska
;A; You are best. <3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:32 am
"You have my gratitude," he rumbled merrily, trying to turn his head to watch her.

"I deeply regret having ruined your fine work. Once I am free, please allow me to compensate you for my blundering. Perhaps I might be of assistance to you in some way?"

He would have made the offer regardless, but it helped that she was utterly charming.

Jun D
N-not to sound creepy at all. >o>; <3 I had a hard day yesterday and Jun tags made it better <3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:44 am
Oh, Swampmother, help me... Why did he have to be so...so charming?! Little Poison had enough of a time interacting with people who didn't make her heart flutter out of her chest, this was a complete disaster. And he was doing his best to maintain eye contact! With his horns in a net! She moved just that slight bit out of possible view, hoping that she'd made it subtle - she was pretty sure that if he could see her, he'd be able to tell her whole face was bright red under the fur.

"I'm - so sorry," she said, awkwardly rearing her front limbs over his back, craning her neck to reach his horns, "and - not at all, no, it was...it was just a prototype. So - you did help me, really! Testing for variables is an important part of the invention process!"

Smooth...real smooth, Poison. I'm sure he'll find that reeeaaally interesting.

Ruriska
Oh, darlin'. ;_; That's not creepy at all, I'm really touched. WAAAH QAQ HARD DAYS SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO YOU. *bubblewraps* (I'm sorry this is a whole week late, I fell sick! QAQ)

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 am
Unable to track her progress without breaking his neck, the buck returning to staring straight ahead, ears turned back to focus on her words.

"In that, at least, I am glad," he said sincerely, "and do tell me if I can in some way shift myself to help you." He could tell that the position necessary to free him was an awkward one and he hated to make her uncomfortable.

"I’m quite fascinated with the invention process. I admit I do not have the mind for such things and while I understand its purpose, how you came to actually create it is remarkable to me. I find such brilliance is an admirable quality." Unthinkingly turning his head in an attempt to see her while he spoke, he only got sharp pain down his neck for his troubles. "Darn!" He cleared his throat. "Apologies for my language."

Jun D
OH JUN. <3 *smooch* THANK YOU. I want you to have only good days too. Please stop being sick. Q___Q <333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:43 am
As if all the nice things he'd said weren't enough...he just has to apologise for saying 'darn'. If Little Poison could blush any harder, her head would probably explode in a cloud of red mist. Could he feel the heat rising off her? Hastily, she untangled herself and backed away.

"I can't quite reach from here, I'll just have to...just a moment, I'll -" and without actually being able to articulate it, she'd escaped from her problems by hopping onto the trunk of the tree, "I'll just go into the branches to take it down, nothing to worry about!"

Another hop, another, and she'd disappeared into the shaking crown. Leaves cascaded freely over the ground below, the branches heaved.

Ruriska
;_;<3<3 I'LL DO MY BEST! It was an awful week, bleargh. *cuddles*

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:24 am
"While I assist you," because he was already placing himself at her side in whatever capacity he could be of use as a clueless helper, "perhaps you would be so kind as to teach me. I can’t imagine I would understand much but maybe- do be careful up there!"

Alarmed by her sudden ascent, Silent Land desperately wished he could actually watch what she was doing. He shifted his weight from one side to the other, fighting the urge to try and break free himself, knowing it would simply make her job more difficult.

"Are you hale? If you were to slip and fall I would never forgive myself!"

Jun D
Oh sweetums. ;o; *makes it all better with rp and cuddles* <33
also holy crap, these two are cutie patooties!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:08 am
"Don't worry!" she sounded chipper enough, even if the way her voice rose and fell with the swaying of the branches might have been, well, pretty worrisome, "this is how I set the trap up in the first place! Although the trajectory of motion is a bit different with a fixed point - but it'll be alright! Just - oh, sorry - watch out for the branches - sorry!"

The thwapping ceased somewhat as her voice suddenly piped up from right over his head, "I mightn't look it, but I'm pretty nimble!" Reflexes honed from a lifetime of not just sticking unpredictable contraptions into odd places, but also running from the fallout.

She hesitated for a moment, perched before the vine-trap, turning his earlier words over in her head, "I...I could show you a few things. This trap is pretty much done for, but...I still have to set a few more today. It's not very exciting, but..."

And, abruptly, she'd started biting down on the vines, to curtail herself from saying something embarrassing like, yes, please, just follow me around all day.

Ruriska
*curls around* <3 I think she really reeeally likes him. XD

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:31 pm
It was worrisome indeed, especially when a snapped branch hit his rump. It was just a small one but he immediately imagined the doe falling out of tree instead. Being unable to assist and knowing her hurt, it would be the greatest torture.

"I’m that sure you are, you seem a doe of many talents," he replied, hoping the conversation wouldn't distract her enough for the slip of a hoof to occur. "I think we've had enough excitement for one day. Your good company and instruction will certainly be enough for me."

Silent Land stood quietly for a moment, body tensed in the hope that if she did tumble from the branches, he might break her fall.

Jun D

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:35 am
Chew, chew, chew. Wow. These vines were tough. For a moment, she was proud - of course she'd picked tough vines on purpose, for this trap was specifically designed to trap bigger, stronger birds. Then she was very rueful, because she had not considered how much time it would take to go around chewing off all these traps for bigger, stronger birds if she had put them into production. She hated it when a prototype of such promise failed (even if it was all the time).

"Oh, no," she paused, laughing nervously at his praise, "this is my one talent, I'm afraid...and I'm not all that good at it. In fact, thank you for your help, good sir, in testing my prototype. I have now discerned that not only is it not inappropriate in case of good bucks with handsome antlers like you wandering along, the necessary strength of vine for large-sized birds would render retrieval time too long and inconvenient."

She paused thoughtfully, "Although...if I adjust the scale of the trap, it may actually be more appropriate for mid-sized birds, which would only neccessitate moderately strong vines, that antlered Kin should have the ability to easily break free from. Hmmm..."

Ruriska
<3

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:42 pm
"Nonsense," he said with a goofy smile that was only allowed to grace his face because she probably couldn’t see it, "you’re too modest. I’m bound to discover many of your talents and it will be a pleasure to point them out to you."

As she continued to speak, he basked in the glow of having his antlers called handsome.

Jun D

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:21 am
Oops, the blush was back. How could the nice words he said be so nice?

"O-oh, I..." she was at a loss for words that wouldn't make her sound too desperate.

...that'll be news to me - no, Poison, that sounds like you're being sarcastic!
...I'd love to see what you can do too - no, Poison, that doesn't come out the way you mean!

Hard blush - even harder when she realised she'd been standing there for a while now, not working on freeing the buck.

"OH, I'm sorry!" And so she never replied after all. Chew, chew, chew. At least it wasn't too far off, now.

Ruriska
Hmmm we're not too far off either...she'll probably manage to free him in her next post!

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:57 am
"My dear, you are utterly charming," he said and the laugh that followed with deep and full of pleasure.

Jun D
teeny post is teeny
lovely <3 he wants to properly introduce himself with bowing and everything

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out