Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:21 am
User ImageFish Bones and his lemur Bone Collector had spent most of the morning gathering basket weaving materials. Now he's sitting in a sunny patch near his pond weaving baskets. He'd tried several times to teach the lemur to weave, and while Bone Collector can do simple things the stag has found its easier to weave them himself. Finishing a basket Fish Bones looks up in time to see Bone Collector pounce at Bone Keeper in an attempt to play tag. The crane just strides out into the pond, ignoring the lemur's attempt at play.

Araucana

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Watch the Skies was a doe on a mission. She had, praise be to the motherfather, been blessed with carrying her first clutch. Their days were early, still warm and safe inside her, but Watch already had her first mother's worry.

Several weeks ago, maybe just scarcely two moon cycles, Watch had manoeuvred her way into a particularly handsome and agreeable buck's good graces and they'd shared many a night enlaced with each other with a very important common goal. Children. She'd long been ready, she knew it would be her calling, raising little ones into fine young ladies and bucks. The swamp residents needed to know about the space beings that assaulted her in her first dream but the swamp could wait. By golly, the space beings could wait!

For she was carrying special cargo and at this moment, all she could think about was how she might protect them from the horror she had endured even before her first breath.

"Come along my dear," She hustled her companion, the father of her unborn children. The poor buck looked exhausted, they'd been traveling non-stop since his recent mate had heard mention of the legendary that dwelled by a lake at the swamp's core and bestowed trinkets and blessings to those lucky enough to encounter him.

"Keep up, keep up," She instructed, with a mother voice already well in place. "It can't be far now, it can't be. We'll find him soon, we have to. We have a responsibility to a children, we owe it to them." That was becoming her mantra and surely Swamp Song had heard her repeat it over their journey countless times.

They walked a fair while longer through the swamp's thick reeds and foliage before finally landing at a clearing, and my importantly a beautiful lake, with a tiny island just off-centre. They'd yet to approach for a closer look but little white fragments gleamed from the water surface's reflection, bones, they knew. For this was his home. Fish Bones.

Watch almost cried, from both exhaustion and joy, but quickly got a hold of herself. Her emotions were harder to keep in line these days, she wasn't sure if it was the changes in her body at fault or her own mind that was simultaneously so happy and yet so worried.

The Cake Mage of Sheep
So long! But I had a lot to fit in, don't feel like your responses need to match this at all. XD

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:50 am
User ImageSwamp Song nods at Watch the Skies' words, too winded to talk. That he can recall he hasn't actually been to Fish Bones' home, but he met the stag once, before he became chosen. Both the males first clutches are cousins through their mothers and after much prodding on one of his daughter's part he'd met Fish Bones and Jumping Frog.

That all seemed like it was lifetimes ago, especially after their long trek. Swamp Song had been no where near his home, which is closer to the stag's home then where he'd been, when he met Watch the Skies. If fathering two clutches felt like lifetimes ago this journey has to be it's own lifetime. Just when he's about to suggest a rest she stops. It takes him a moment to realize why and with a sigh of relief the large buck stops, gently nuzling Watch and looking around.

User ImageFish Bones was finishing his basket when a doe comes wandering into his home, followed closely by a familiar looking buck. He'd heard the two before her could see them but he never would have imagined this particular buck would show up.

Figuring he knows why they're here but seeng how tired they are he hops over, sitting in front of them and looking up, his glowing eyes the only clue he's not exactly what he seems. Sit, sit. Catch your breath, have a drink. Some berries maybe? he sends his thought into their minds, a somewhat odd experience for those who've never felt it before.

Araucana

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:59 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.To say Watch the Skies was surprised to… hear… the foxbun speak and offer them hospitality, would have been an understatement, but she was much too tired to do much more than graciously accept. Perhaps kin of legend have magical mind-speaking familiars, she could believe that, especially when said foxbun offered salvation at the end of a long, long journey from the meadow she called home near the swamp’s border.

She ambled forward to the lake as gracefully as she could manage, then drank deeply from the clear waters. Swamp Song's ever the supportive presence by her side, still caring and affectionate despite her all too often abrasiveness over the trek she had insisted upon. After they’d both had their fill she made a point to return his affections as they turned to their apparent host and sat down. Rubbing her cheek to his neck and leaning comfortably against his strong, solid form she thought to herself: Yes, he had definitely been the right buck to wait for to father her first clutch.

Turning her attentions back to the glow-eyed foxbun, Watch began to wonder when they might meet the famed Fish Bones himself. She felt worry gurgle up inside her. What if he’s not here? But she willed it down and tried to remain positive, he had to be, they’d come all this way.

The Cake Mage of Sheep
Hope it's okay that I led SS's actions here a bit! I just felt it might help keep the story moving but I'm a RP newb so I wasn't entirely sure if that's allowed or not. <3

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:19 pm
User Image
Thirst quenched Swamp Song settles down next to Watch, now giving the foxbun a good look. Having met Fish Bones before he's familiar with the stag's color and markings, nudging Watch gently he inclines his head toward the foxbun. "I think we've found him." He whispers.

User Image
Watching the two Fish Bones smiles, watching the two a moment. Catching Swamp Song's whisper the stag wonders if she'd mistaken him for a foxbun, understandable given his current form. Hopping over he nuzzles the doe, before turning to pat the buck on the shoulder. It's been a while. he sends, almost adding something about this jot being just a social call. Having met Swamp Song just the once it would be silly to think the buck was here just to chat.

Araucana
I don't mind, most frown on it/don't allow it but it really depends on how it's done, the characters and people. Here it fits imo.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 3:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Watch’s eyes widen as she comprehends Swamp Song’s words, but before she can say anything Fish Bones had bounded over and given her a nuzzle, it brought a smile to her face, he was treating them like family, something Watch had long separated from but something she hoped she might soon foster once more, with their beautiful children when they come into the world, safe and sound.

Reminded of the purpose of their visit Watch opens her month slightly before closing it again, unsure how to begin. She definitely doesn’t wish to be rude to such an important kin, chosen by the motherfather, the highest honour… but how does one go about such things? Was there some kind of respectful protocol in asking for him to bless their unborn clutch? Finally she decides to first greet him properly.

“Fish Bones, it is an honour, thank you for welcoming us so warmly and offering us your hospitality.” She dips her head and bows deeply. This was perhaps too formal given his demeanour but she didn't wish to be presumptuous, something she well knew she was prone to.

The Cake Mage of Sheep
Thew! Cool, yeah, I tried to write it in a way that wasn't intrusive, just Watch's obversations and obviously keeping it very minimal. Thank you for the advice. ♥

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:19 am
User Image

Swamp Song is about to suggest she ask for the blessing when Watch thanks the stag for his hospitality. Wondering if he'd been going around blessing wrong the buck nods. "Yes, thank you."

User Image
Smiling Fish Bones inclines his head at the pair. It's my pleasure.

Araucana
Sorry for all the typoes in my last post.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:25 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“We’ve traveled to your pond to ask, if we may, if you might bless our clutch-to-be.” Watch spoke clearly, holding their host’s gaze as she did, gaining more strength and conviction in her voice as she continued.

“My first dream was of terror from above the sky and stars, I woke gasping, frightened and scared.” She held the quiver from her voice but just barely.

“I don’t want my children to suffer the same start to life, I want better for them.”

The Cake Mage of Sheep
No worries! ♥

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 8:18 am
User Image
Fish Bones listens intently to the doe's request, giving her shoulder a pat as she remember her dream. His heart goes out to her, even more so since he cannot, as far as he knows, influence naming dreams. As names are granted by the MotherFather it is Her decision what form they take. The best he can do is give his blessing and send it as a prayer to Her as well and hope she sees fit to grant it.

Taking a moment to form his thoughts he pats Watch's shoulder again. May they have sweet dreams all their lives. he thinks to the pair, fervently wishing in his heart that the MotherFather is listening and grants this request.

Finished, Fish Bones nuzzles the doe a last time. Giving Swamp Song a reassuring pat as well before turning and bounding off to gather more basket materials.

User Image
Swamp Song nods at the stag's blessing, "Thank you." When Fish Bones turns to leave, he heaves himself up, leaning down to nuzzle Watch. "Need help getting up?" He asks, she hasn't gotten huge yet but he feels it's the proper thing to offer.

Araucana

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:12 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Watch’s expression lights up at Fish Bones’ words, Thank you. The words don’t even leave her mouth, overwhelmed with relief as she was. She allows an unsubdued grin as he affectionately bids her and Swamp Song farewell.

In the wake of his departure, Watch found herself feeling a little beside herself. That had happened. Her unborn children were blessed. It had happened so quickly that Watch almost wasn't sure it had happened.

She’d imagined more grandeur involved in something as important as the blessing ceremony but she was relieved, Fish Bones had been kind and relatable, not how she’d imagined the legendary kin her mother had told her stories about as a young foal, authoritative, judgemental and severe. Watch rarely questioned her mother’s teachings but now wondered whether such stories had more to do with instilling obedience than delivering truth.

It wasn’t until Swamp Song offered to help her up, an offer she gladly took, that Watch snapped out of her thoughts and followed him, finally at ease, out of the lake’s clearing.

The Cake Mage of Sheep
So late, ah! I kept forgetting this wasn't quite finished up. ;n;
But woo! Got there in the end! My first blessing done! cx

Araucana
Crew

Spooky Nymph

12,375 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Squash Smasher 50
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items