[PRP] Opportunities [Flesh & Story]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been raining all day. Neither heavy downpour nor gentle mist, but the on and off type of drizzle that led to false hope and bitter resentment. For a while it had seemed as though the rain might let up and allow the dragon to slink from his cave. But the imposing buck remained a prisoner of the weather, ensconced within his dank and dark hole of stone and earth. Only a small and slow black snake kept him company, though it was increasingly difficult to spot him for the once telltale glimmers of gold on Molten's body were beginning to dull with age.

Restlessness had reduced words to growls and Flesh was presently doing little more than pacing. To the lip of his cave and watching the rain drip drip drip from the worn-smooth stone above then back to the center, taking care to avoid stepping on the coiled up pile of charcoal-snake.

lolli qAq
ugh yeah I am no good at starting crying

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The rain and mist clung to the moss on his beard and tail. It dripped through the crevices in his hide and wooden scales. It rejuvenated him in the same way it brought moisture to thirsty roots. He almost felt young again.

Almost.

Story was not young, however. He'd lived long and seen much. Despite the refreshing dew collecting on his face he was still very old and creaked under the weight of his age. His joints popped and cracked like snapping twigs as he wandered an unfamiliar part of the swamp. Well, unfamiliar today. It was always possible that he just didn't recognize it right now, but all it would take to jolt his memories was a particular flower he'd helped cultivate. Or noticing a mark on a tree that was once a sapling he'd planted in this spot.

Alas, no such things were jumping out to him this day. Yet. What he did see was the overhang of what must be a rather comfortable cave. Dry, but small enough to defend from predators if one must. He mused inwardly on the convenience of such things and how they were a sign that the motherfather cared for her children in much the same way he cared for the land they'd been given. He creaked his way towards it unsure if he was going to go in or just passing by. As he moved- He sang:

"When spring unfolds the beechen-leaf and sap is in the bough,
When light is on the wild-wood stream, and wind is on the brow,
When stride is long, and breath is deep, and keen the mountain air,
Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is fair!
"

Khryssie
I did not intend for this to become a novel. I'm sorry.

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 pm
The rain was not going to stop. Not this day, at any rate. He was going to have to content himself with being a homebody for the remainder of daylight, possibly even forfeiting the shroud of night for hunting and wait until dawn's rosy kiss to venture out once more. Flesh was decidedly unhappy about his house arrest, but he was unable to alter the will of nature in any way. Retreating from the opening to the outside swamp, the dragon's cloven hooves carved trenches in the packed dirt of his cave like the slicing beak of a heron as it interrupted a smooth pond to snatch up a fish. His body still yet humming with unused energy sank reluctant to the ground, legs unwilling to fold underneath his body in a resting position as though protesting the will of nature to keep him indoors and sedentary.

Alas the predator would not be allowed rest quite yet, however difficult it may have come anyway. A lilting melody reached his ears and they twitched, cocking forwards to strain for the song. His eyes narrowed as the music indicated there was someone approaching... otherwise Flesh may have aggressively chased them away, the incessant rain had revealed a creature desperate for anything to break the monotony of raindrops.

"Your land is fair," called out the voice like gravel and brimstone and crunching-bone-breaking though it was not entirely unfriendly.

lolli qAq
haha no prob it encouraged me to mirror a bit so i'm grateful hopefully this is is an improvement over my starting >_>;

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 am
A voice answered but it was not the lilting, airy, voice that he sought. This voice was deep and spoke of fire and death. Had the voice come immediately with a body or were he not in the jubilant mood this day had brought then Story would have more than likely ignored it. Or actively avoided it. Instead he slowed and turned his head to where the floating voice had come from.

"Ahhhhh," he wheezed out in understanding. "The cave that I passed by. What a fortuitous thing that I needed the watering this weather has afforded me and that shelter was not necessary for this old tree."

He moved towards the cave with the continued sounds of his hide splitting and cracking like so much bracken underfoot only to come to a stop just at the cave's mouth.

"Was it the cave that could have spoken such kind words towards my land or someone inside, I wonder?"

Khryssie
A day late, but tag!

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

vilegloom

Vampire

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:21 pm
Loathe yet to stand the dragon remained still in the center of his cave, withdrawn and hidden from view. The cascade of water down the stone face over the lip of his cave created a waterfall such that one would have to step completely through to see what was on the other side. Flesh would continue to use the cover to his advantage until he was done toying with the dismembered voice on the other side.

"It is indeed a someone inside, but perhaps not the someone you suspect," came the cryptic retort upon a voice weighted heavily with biting sarcasm on sharp teeth and smoldering coals.

lolli qAq

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff