Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Fetching Crocodiles (Giveforward x Things Unheard)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was not the strangest request she'd ever received. She had to count "getting lost" as that. It was so extremely difficult to purposely misplace one's self. (She'd tried a great many times and failed each one.) So no, it wasn't what she considered strange. It was, however, not as easily done as said. Crocodiles just weren't lounging about waiting to be fetched.

She let out a breath, readjusted her hooves in the murky water, and once again plunged her head beneath the surface. Underwater sight was not one of her gifts and she once more saw nothing but mud and silt. Lifting her head, she felt her hair stick to her fur but that was all. Still no crocodile. Perhaps she needed something to feed it first?

Oh well, one more look under the water wouldn't hurt.

Samuel Carlin
Apologies for the long wait!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. To anyone just visiting a swamp, unfamiliar with the sounds of daily life in and around the edges of water, they probably wouldn't have noticed the odd sound of a body moving through water the way Things Unheard did. Then again, they hadn't grown up with the sense of spirits tugging him in one direction or another, either. They couldn't hear the the voices telling him to turn here, look there, and to hurry.

He heard the out-of-place splashing, and expected an animal stuck somewhere, tangled in grass and struggling to get out without calling attention to itself. He could help with that. He ... would have more trouble with ...whatever this doe was doing. A doe, no question, he could tell that by sight immediately, but what she was doing? He had not a clue.

For once, the spirits opted not to speak.

So he waited for her to lift her head again, then very carefully cleared his throat. "That's an... odd way to take a bath."

anemosagkelos
No worries at all!

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:36 am
Giveforward turned upon hearing the voice and stared at the buck a moment. "I'm not taking a bath," she replied with a smile. Then her smile spread into a grin, "I'm looking for crocodiles."

But seeing as none seemed to be around at the moment, she made her way to dry land. "Hello. I am Giveforward. What's your name?"

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:54 am
He'd heard many kin talk about hunting for many things. Grasses, mosses, bugs and lizard eggs. He hadn't ever heard of someone deliberately looking for a crocodile, though. Most of those encounters were reported as surprise meetings or the unintended crossing of paths, not something someone hoped to go through.

He blinked a few times as she waded toward him, ears flicking forward and back. "Things Unheard," he reported. "And I don't mean to be rude, but ... why do you want to find crocodiles?"

Anemosagkelos

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:23 pm
She stilled near the edge, hair tail flicking just beneath the water's surface, and then laughed, light and soft.

"That wasn't rude at all," she smiled. "There was a totoma and an acha aruging earlier. I asked if I could help and the acha told me to fetch a crocodile." She frowned, shrugged, "I don't know how that'll help their argument but it's what they asked."

Samuel Carlin

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff