[B] For The Ravenous and Wildflower Breeze

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:32 pm
For The Ravenous skittered through the swamp, not even bothering to make any attempt to hide. What would be the point of hiding with a bright red coat, anyway? Better to announce yourself to the world than cower in the shadows. Her mate had mentioned the legendaries had been seen around this area, and Ravenous was interested in meeting one. She'd heard that they could give blessings to new mothers.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 pm
And that was good information - there were indeed legendaries in the area, and they did indeed have that ability. It would have helped to mention just how close "in the area" meant, in fact, because the nearest legendary was ambling slowly across the path the bright red doe was thundering down, whistling contentedly to himself. His coat of brown with accents of bold reds and pinks - not to mention the mystical brilliance of his green eyes - should have made him stand out like a sore hoof, but he seemed to just materialize onto her path suddenly.  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:23 pm
The crimson doe came to a quick stop, letting out a surprised bleat when the large buck appeared before her. The rumors were true. Screwing up her courage and steeling herself, she called out to the buck.

"You there. Are you one of the legendaries said to wander this are?" He looked like one, but why not be sure? She sized him up while waiting for his answer.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:36 pm
The stag's whistled tune ended on a discordant note and he just about jumped out of his skin as the red doe skidded to a stop before him. His limbs stiff, his hair on end, and blinking rapidly as he fought to take in the last couple seconds, he must have made quite a comical figure. At length, he answered stiffly, "Yes. My name is Wildflower Breeze. Can I help you?"  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:49 pm
For The Ravenous relaxed at the buck's reaction, her expression softening slightly. "My name is For The Ravenous. I've been looking for you. Well, not you specifically, but one of your kind." Usually tough, she was a bit flustered at having to ask for something. "My mate suggested I seek you out."  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:25 pm
He blinked again, and then eased back down form high alert. "Ah? You must be after a blessing, then. That is definitely a service I can provide," he said with a nod and a gentle, almost fatherly smile. "Do you desire any advice, or have any particular concerns? Any familial tendencies for mischief - or worse - you'd like to avoid, for instance? I seem to encounter those an awful lot," he added with a sigh.  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:58 pm
The doe shrugged, her usual bravado gone. Normally she was no-nonsense and straight forward, but before this legendary she felt like a filly all over again. "It will be my first clutch. Advice would not be unwelcome." She looked up at the buck. "What sort of blessings do most does ask for with their first?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 6:46 am
"It varies from doe to doe," Breeze said gently, "but health and vitality are usually the top concerns. I tend to add a little extra bravery and goodness, and perhaps respect for their elders, if given the chance, but those are all just suggestions, really.

"Having family, tribe, or friends there to help you raise them is perhaps the most helpful," he continued, changing tack, "but not everyone has that luxury. This is a good season for your first clutch - you won't have to work overhard to feed them in these warm months." He hummed thoughtfully, pondering how to phrase the next part of his advice. "For the actual rearing, I'd say... be kind, but firm. Use games to get them to do things they don't want to. Teach them everything you can. Value the time that you have with them over all else... Be ready to let them go when they're ready to leave." He said the last with a nod and a distant look in his eye, as he wondered how his own children were doing.

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Jynk

Cuddly Krampus

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:42 pm
The doe nodded at his advice, all of it sound and good. "I'll take heed of your words, thank you. As for the blessing... all of those would be good. Healthy, brave offspring that can take care of themselves if need be sound like the type I would be proud to raise." She gave a grin at the legendary feeling she'd made a good choice, then noticed his expression. "Are you alright?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:28 pm
"Hm?" he shook his head, bringing himself back to the here and now. "I'm fine, just... wondering how my own family is doing. I don't see them as often as I used to. Life on the road can do that." He shook his head again, sadly.

"But! Let us attend to your family," he said, and his eyes may have flashed briefly brighter as he turned his full attention to the doe before him. "Healthy, brave, and independent - all fine qualities for kin to possess. Your children will have them in spades, if I'm any judge of these things - and I do like to think I am. Health for you, as well - and all the richness and fullness of life that children can bring you," he intoned solemnly. As he spoke, the ghostly form of a songbird lit out from behind his head - it circled once around For The Ravenous, then landed on a horn and placed a sprig of mint daintily behind her ear. Then, with a sound of wings, the specter disappeared.

After a beat, Breeze said, "Well, that's that." For all his wizened shape and brilliant eyes, he seemed much more... mundane, after the brief show of power that was his blessing.

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas