[PRP] After the Slaughter... [Peep/Fire Made Flesh]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As the game of predators and prey came to an end, the group began to disperse. Peep watched them go from where she stood beside Merry, knowing she too would soon head back towards The Mothers Club. Or perhaps not! She didn’t feel quite ready. She felt quite exhilarated after their win and one or two of the bucks had caught her eye. The scaled fellow in particularly was so unique and interesting, she would love to get to know him better.

So when he left, she followed, lightly prancing after him. "Wait a moment! Might we speak?"

Khryssie
yaaay a start! xD

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A dragon was a solitary creature. It spent its time secluded and wallowing in a dark cave, enjoying the reprieve from social activity. This dragon was more than eager to return to his home (and the quiet that accompanied it). Flesh was very surprised indeed to make it nearly to the end of the game especially when there had been an impressive amount of votes against him early on in the game. But now it was the end, and he was ready to go-

but not so quickly, it would appear.

His hooves sought to carry him into seclusion but a voice reached out and snatched him back. She was an unassuming little thing, but Flesh's curiosity had been piqued by Peep during the game. She was... interesting. She had to be or else he would not have stopped at her mere words.

"We might," was his gruff reply though he at least gave her the courtesy of eye contact.

Ruriska

vilegloom

Vampire

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:13 am
That was all the encouragement Peep needed and she stopped in front on him, ears perked eagerly. "I hope you don’t mind but I thought we could walk together for a bit, get to know each other." If some kin would be repelled by his gruff attitude, she was certainly not one of them.

"I couldn’t help but think how much the foals would all love you."

Khryssie

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:00 pm
She was much too eager. Flesh had never known any soul to be so thrilled to spend any amount of time with him. Other than a certain snake, but that was an entirely different matter. "As long as we are going in the same direction, I don't see why we couldn't walk together." Ah, how romantic and chivalrous.

But Flesh nearly tripped over himself when the strange little Acha doe chirped something about the foals liking him. "Ummm...." How did he even respond? "What in the Motherfather's name are you talking about, exactly?"

What foals?! Certainly not his... there was no way... - was there?

Ruriska

vilegloom

Vampire

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:00 pm
She wrinkled her nose into a smile, clearly amused by his sudden anxiety."I’m so sorry; I sometimes forget that not everyone knows about The Mothers Club." Or maybe she hadn’t forgotten at all, she’d been a pretty good wolf, after all.

"It’s a tribe," she explained, her tone full of fond warmth. "We take care of mothers and foals."

Khryssie

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:14 pm
Relief was cool and like the gentle rain in autumn, cleansing and refreshing. Flesh was visibly at ease following Peep's reassuring explanation- but he was clearly perplexed at the notion of a band of mothers and their offspring.

"Why waste your time taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves?" Flesh had little sympathy for the weak or impoverished. He was a stalwart believer in natural selection. Hopefully this tribe was not working against natural itself. "An entire tribe devoted to taking care of mothers and foals sounds..." how did he put this? "Awful."

Ruriska

vilegloom

Vampire

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 1:21 am
"Oh dear," Peep said and then laughed merrily, not at all insulted by his instinctive opinion on her tribe. Not everyone was cut out to be parent and many of the kin that dwelled in Swamp had little time for those they considered weak. It was why her Mothers were so important.

"I have had many foals but my first clutch was four Totoma and one Acha. I was younger then and very frightened. Yes, scared for myself but mostly for my babies. It was a hard pregnancy and a hard birth. If it wasn’t for a doe that appeared just when I needed her, with healing herbs and comfort, it might not have ended so well."

Her voice was soft and her expression far away with memory. "Just because someone cannot take care of themselves, does not mean they are worth less than anyone else. Just because someone is weak, does not mean they always will be. Nor does it mean that in their weakness, they have not developed other strengths that should be cherished."

She looked up at him, eyes bright. "It is not awful to care and love, to devote myself to those who need it more than others. But that is my opinion… and I still think the foals would enjoy playing with you."

Khryssie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:52 pm
He listened to what she had to say, patiently- but found it hard to agree. His movements were languid, surprisingly loathe to find themselves in a position to end the conversation. The Acha doe was interesting to say the least.

"Did all of them survive?" He asked, curious as to the fate of her first clutch. And the way she phrased it- "have you had more since then, also?" The questions were voiced as soon as they appeared. Flesh was not the type to choose his words carefully. He cared little for the impact of his words on others' emotions.

He elected not to say anything in response to Peep declaring that everyone had some type of worth. Flesh was a firm believer in letting nature take its course, and weakness was not something that should be enabled or encouraged- whether it be physical or mental. A kin had to be strong and tough to withstand the challenges of the Swamp. A collection of tough kin were certainly more worthy than one strong kin supporting several weaker ones.

His returning gaze was as bright, but not in a hopeful sort of way. His eyes were harsh and firm. "It is not awful for you to do what you think is best," it almost sounded like he was correcting her. "Unfortunately, I do not 'play', so you surely must be mistaken- I would bring no enjoyment to the foals."

Ruriska

vilegloom

Vampire

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:48 pm
"They all survived," Peep answered cheerfully. "And yes, I’ve had two other clutches since then, though I consider all of those born at The Mothers Club to be my children." It was nice, she thought, this casual debate. It was possible to disagree and still get along. Regardless of whether he refused to take on her point of view she would be glad that had spoken.

"I don’t think you’ve ever had the chance to play," she responded with a laugh, adding some extra bounce to her step. "We could try it now?" The Acha smiled playfully up at him. "I also think you’re underestimating the abilities of rambunctious young foals. Your lack of play would be all the fun they’d need"”

Khryssie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:18 pm
Although he did not know it, Flesh's thoughts grudgingly mirrored Peep's. This casual debate was nice; it was certainly different than the predictable solitude and silence within his dank cave. The dragon would never, never verbalize his following thought- in fact, he captured it before it could flit too far- but he was enjoying their conversation. Companionship was nice provided it was sparing.

Fire Made Flesh was impressed with Peep's declaration that all her children were alive and well. There must be a strength within the Acha that he could not see. Perhaps she was right, to an extent, that strength was not as black and white as he once thought. Surely there must be some merit to her earlier declaration if she had successfully birthed and raised three separate clutches. "That's a lot of children," he mused, idly wondering just how many had been birthed with the aide of this so-called Club.

"I have indeed had the chance to play," he retorted. "Children will be children, whether they are the blood of a dragon or not- and I do have children," he admitted. The fact that he did not see much of any of his extended brood was a tidbit left unsaid. The aged buck gave Peep a sidelong glance as they strolled leisurely, not increasing his pace when the Acha seemed to speed hers... with a bounce? He almost laughed. Her energy was almost infectious. "You are well suited to this club of children," and that was as much of a compliment as the crotchety dragon would ever give. "You should play, and I will watch." It was a concession, though perhaps not as much as Peep was hoping for. Either way, it seemed the spirited little Acha was softening the old man.

Ruriska

vilegloom

Vampire

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:47 am
"Oh!" Peep said, at first in surprise and then with a laugh. "I should have known." It was a compliment, though she didn’t make it too obvious, just gave a knowing nod, quietly imagining have quite a number of suitors. There was something about him, even if the gruff attitude, that was instantly appealing.

"Thank you," she dipped her head gratefully at his compliment. His concession, though small, was more than enough. His presence at the tribe, witnessing the daily workings and perhaps seeing just how much worthy the children were of love and protection, was all Peep desired.

"It’s a deal," she chirruped, winking playfully.

Khryssie
sorry for the wait ;o;

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces