Console PS4
  Console Xbone
  PC "Master Race"
View Results

Discordant Succubus

Mega Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:43 am
Since it's the hot s**t right now.

who's playing, and what are yer experiences with the game?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:50 am
*is waiting until price drops or steam sale*  

The Chatterbox Jerk
Captain

Hilarious Bloodsucker

CuddlyMonstA

Tipsy Capitalist

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Carl 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 am
I just joined the guild but yeah this is the game I am playing on Xbox One. It's a fun game but with out any updates there is a lot of graphic problems and rendering issues.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:35 pm
degeneratedrunk
I just joined the guild but yeah this is the game I am playing on Xbox One. It's a fun game but with out any updates there is a lot of graphic problems and rendering issues.

It's an issue also common on PC sadly enough.

The Panel type cutscenes glitch the ******** out if you alt tab out of the game
Resulting into having to alt-f4 (to kill the cutscene, because if you alt-f4 the game when it's stuck in blackscreen cutscene , it just ends the cutscene and resumes the game)

The final Stretch of the game lasts several hours and I have to replay it because all the cutscenes at the ending got borked.

and I kinda wanna know what ciri does to the wild hunt, rather then have to f4 and see important plot points right after.

What do you think of the game itself so far though ?  

Discordant Succubus

Mega Sex Symbol

CuddlyMonstA

Tipsy Capitalist

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Carl 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:47 pm
Rava Da Graid
degeneratedrunk

Resulting into having to alt-f4 (to kill the cutscene, because if you alt-f4 the game when it's stuck in blackscreen cutscene , it just ends the cutscene and resumes the game)

The final Stretch of the game lasts several hours and I have to replay it because all the cutscenes at the ending got borked.

and I kinda wanna know what ciri does to the wild hunt, rather then have to f4 and see important plot points right after.

the inventory system reminds me a lot about the original diablo on pc. I like that part. One the Xbox One. Graphics are a bit choppy, controls are a bit laggy. There is always a pause time between pressing a button and the character actually doing it. Story is pretty basic and not as in depth as I would have wished it to be. How ever despite all its minor flaws I still play it for a few hours at a time every night. I like the variety of characters, the map is so damn big compared to like every other game. I love how you get options like kill or spare.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 am
degeneratedrunk
Rava Da Graid
degeneratedrunk

the inventory system reminds me a lot about the original diablo on pc. I like that part. One the Xbox One. Graphics are a bit choppy, controls are a bit laggy. There is always a pause time between pressing a button and the character actually doing it. Story is pretty basic and not as in depth as I would have wished it to be. How ever despite all its minor flaws I still play it for a few hours at a time every night. I like the variety of characters, the map is so damn big compared to like every other game. I love how you get options like kill or spare.

It's a generic invo system that's been around since the age of Avernus and Dungeon Siege etc.
it's the classic rpg grid invo.

I was disappointed with the variety of armor and swords loot wise.

The story goes really in depth if you hit all the right options actually.
If you always just hit the golden coloured path, you get the shortest possible route trough the game and also kill access to quite a few quests.
There's a lot of quests that have you by suprise as you think they'll be over soon but go on to last a damn good while longer then expected.

The movement has always been a touchy point in the witcher. I think it's more so cause it's semi realistic movement (Cause you and me, we can't do a 180 in the middle of walking and instantly turn around either)
But the input lag seems bad, I don't have that problem here.
Only for dodging it's an important bit of mechanic, and when fighting monsters you'll be doing that a lot.
Movement in the cutscenes is horrible sometimes though, even with all my settings on ultra.  

Discordant Succubus

Mega Sex Symbol

Just An Old Irishman

Eloquent Humorist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 pm
PC master race always gets screwed when it comes to releases.

I want to play W3 but I haven't played one or two.

Plus I don't buy new releases. I'm a cheap ******** class="smilies smilies_lol"> lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 pm
I tried it on a steam sale and I hated it tbh. I really hated all the special spells you had to remember stuff for. I couldn't even get through the tutorial. I'm much more of an fps girl.

oh edit, I thought this was witcher 2. They made another one? bleh  

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25

Discordant Succubus

Mega Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:01 am
Gossy
I tried it on a steam sale and I hated it tbh. I really hated all the special spells you had to remember stuff for. I couldn't even get through the tutorial. I'm much more of an fps girl.

oh edit, I thought this was witcher 2. They made another one? bleh

yeah

I know 2 was VERY punishing at low level.
I died a few dozen times at the very first part cause that bloody dragon roasted me due to the unclear controls.  
Death Squad Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games