Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Gaia Guilds Needs Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aidian Kyros

Generous Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:49 pm
I don't often come in here, but I just recently started back on Gaia after a being on hiatus for the last two years or so. What I've seen is seriously depressing.

This site used to be a hub for roleplay and fun interaction with like minded people. What bothers me is that is has turned into a money driven all to realistic company. I remember when one had to quest for months and months and months to afford Fairy Wings because 40k was a LOT of gold back then. I come here now, sell two items from 2006 and suddenly I have a couple billion gold. I've donated much of that gold to friends that I've recently brought into Gaia for roleplay just so they could afford some decent items for their avatars.

But I digress...

What I'm actually here to say is that there isn't any free form roleplaying anymore. All I see in Barton Town and in the guilds is a load of fan-fiction (which is okay just not for me), tons of 1 on 1 master/servant junk, and a bunch of crappy threads with no real imagination! Is there anyone left on this site that still roleplays medieval fantasy just for fun? Doesn't anyone still run a tavern that people can visit from time to time and hang out in for a short roleplay? Not that I've seen. If someone knows differently, please point me in the right direction.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:01 pm
the only thing that comes to mind would be to create your own rollplay guild and then try to recruit for it and do your best to maintain it and keep it running
guilds have essentially died on gaia and well gaia refuses to help out in any way to fix them up so unless you can do stuff to motivate your users in your own guild well most ideas dont last or most guilds dont last
even rollplay just dont go no where anymore its sad but this is the reality of it  

masterofdisaster1024

Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff