Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Library__________________-____________Books
Some good Fantasy books for ya...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like yourself some Fantasy?
  meh... :|
  Of course! :D
  WITCH!!!! D8
  Can I eat it? :3
View Results

SuperKitty

Wrathful Capitalist

3,650 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:55 pm
If you haven't read them, or even heard of them, here they are,

The Dresden Files Series by Jim Butcher.
Its a great series about a Wizard in chicago. It's a 16+ book, or at least for mature readers. It's funny, dark, well written, and current. I love it.

The October Daye Series by Seanan McGuire
This series takes place in the San Francisco Bay Area and is about a Half-fae/half human who's a detective of sorts. It's also well written, has a bit more romance in it, but not enough to turn me away. sweatdrop

The Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
This one is, I think, a bit more romancy in that there always seems to be someone in love with someone. But getting around that, there is some good story line, mythos, and the world created here is great. This series takes place mostly in the Tri-cities area of Washington State and it's another series I find myself waiting, slightly impatiently, for the next one.

Each of these series puts a slightly different twist on the classic creatures; Fae, Vampires, Werewolves, etc. Giving them some extra body and making them more likable to me. heart

Suggest more Fantasy here :3 or talk about these, or talk about other similar suggestions...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 pm
Game of Thrones.  

Asve

OG Phantom

SuperKitty

Wrathful Capitalist

3,650 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:40 am
I have been meaning to read that. Is it true that the show has gone farther then the books? I don't watch the show... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:02 pm
SuperKitty
I have been meaning to read that. Is it true that the show has gone farther then the books? I don't watch the show... sweatdrop

The author is still writing the next book and has told the producers of the show what they need to know for the show to have enough content for the season. Season 5 has differed from the books slightly in favor of collapsing story lines to condense the story down to 7-8 seasons or so.  

Asve

OG Phantom

Library__________________-____________Books

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces