[PRP] It's Plain to See [Bare Trees & Final Rest] [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It was an unassuming morning, the sun not yet even cresting the tops of the trees, his field of flowers and well-tended garden sunkissed only by the rays that shone through the thick boughs. It would be a hot day - he could smell the acrid air that promised cracked earth and fragrant flowers - but he didn't mind. He had work to do, as always, tending to his bright canopy of life and hunting.

It was a good life.

He had not, however, been anticipating company. Lifting his head from chewing off a grub from one of his plants, his ears lofted briefly before settling. Final Rest didn't need to listen or even see who was coming; even over the scent of dew-laden flowers, fruits and herbs, he knew the scent of family.

"Bare Trees." His voice was quiet, low, not exactly warm but spoken without warning or the snap of ice. She was welcome, and that was as about as friendly as he got.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Hello, Final Rest."

He was in striking colours exactly like their mother, but how he carried himself and spoke to her was so very different, the doe already was more comfortable approaching him despite everything.

Her eyes wandered to his ever growing garden, smiling to see how the plants she just had seen him planting before were fully bloomed now, vivid greens and bright colours decorated the plot, and it smelled so nice. Bare Trees walked over.

"Your garden has grown so much since the last time I saw it," she looked over once more, "It's beautiful."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:26 pm
"Mm." It was as much a 'thanks' as anything from him.

The buck shook out his short hair and turned his head to her. He couldn't see her, but his eyes were fixated on the general height of her head. Her browns tended to melt into the background for him, but the white and shots of green were easy enough for him to pick out.

Final Rest frowned. "You smell of blood," he replied, blunt as ever. "Are you hurt?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:40 pm
She had a bright smile at him, "You're welcome."

Bare Trees walked over close and to the garden, wondering if he needed help while she was there -- well, not that he needed help but if he was willing to accept her help. The doe always did want to have her own garden but didn't find the time before previously, but now ...

"Ah?" She turned at the words, eyes lowering a little, "Oh." the doe paused, shaking her head. "Not anymore. I had a talk with -- Mother. -- It ended actually well!" Bare Trees chuckled soft, "It really did."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 pm
"It must have. You live." Final Rest didn't say it in regards to it being a short coming on Bare Trees; he simply knew Unyielding Winter as a huntress. Even he would not go into her territory and expect any less treatment than teeth at his throat.

Flicking his tail languidly around his legs, he bent his head again to nibble out some unwanted growth from his shaded mushrooms, knowing Bare Trees was not going to attack or hurt him. If she came, it was for a reason.

It would be several more moments before he'd lift his head, asking around his chewing, "Why are you here?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 pm
"I do," she nodded her head, "And that says it all."

The doe walked over to him, blinking up and giving him a gentle look. "Can I offer you my help with anything?" She knew Final Rest never really needed any help, but she always adored his garden, it was soothing.

She was quiet for a moment, "I just--wanted to see you. And as well to tell you I shall be gone ...for a while."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:33 pm
His eyes didn't move - he didn't have to look, she knew well his condition - a touch indifferent. "If you wish." Final Rest continued his slow method of weeding, listening but not having much to say initially. They didn't see each other so frequently that he would notice her absence, but it was obvious to him that he was coming to terms, some sort of peace with herself.

"Why?" he asked between mouthfuls, nipping at one mushroom to test its viability.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:49 pm
"Thank you." The doe replied gratefully, walking over to the plot and cautiously walking around the plants to take out the surrounding weeds, she wasn't with him that often but she knew her brother was particular about these things.

The question -- she had to pause for a moment. She really did have no real solid reason but she somehow knew she had to. "I need to go to places, meet others, talk to others, hear their stories --- " and she breathed in, smiling a little. "Maybe make a family..."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:56 pm
The buck snorted as his nose touched the soil - or perhaps out of surprise. Lifting his head, he 'looked' at Bare Trees - or rather, towards her, it was harder to see her in the shade - and listened, his jaw set. Final Rest had a perpetually severe look when he was focusing, one that was set towards his sister.

"Don't go finding yourself," he said in a bland tone, head tipped slightly downwards as if it would help him see better. "You'll only find disappointment." If he could kick every kin who had to 'find themselves,' he would. Happily. The notion was just so ... self defeating. "You'll have many families. Don't forget that."

His sister had always had a fancy idea of a family - that it was set in stone, so to speak. Final Rest wasn't sure she realized that there were many bucks out there, and that even their own parents probably had more clutches than just them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:06 pm
Surprised, she tilted her head at her vibrant brother after pulling another weed, listening to his words.

His tone was definitely more serious, obvious that the idea wasn't appealing at all to him, but she knew he did mean well. "Don't worry, I already know who I am right now. I just know there's more out there that I don't know yet. I need to experience things --- " The doe nodded her head in agreement, "I won't, brother. As you will too, I'm sure."

"I know I'm still a bit naiive," she continued on to move at the edge of the plot, nudging a ladybug away. "I've not met too many others, I wish to change that. Would you want to meet others?" She added at the end, curiously.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:14 pm
"I do meet others, Bare Trees." He shook out his mane again, walking lazily towards where Broken was laying down and sitting near the dog. "I am not a wanderer. This is my home. All manner of kin cross through here on their way to their great destinations."

Hollow soared overhead, flapping and circling in an easy breeze, hunting for lunch. He could not see his eagle, but he knew the great bird's routine enough to be aware of both time of day and the passage of time itself. Spring was here, and if his sister wanted to birth children and explore the Swamp, this was when to do it. "Perhaps you wander too much, and miss the opportunities you'd have otherwise."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:19 pm
Bare Trees opened her muzzle, but abruptly heard sprig come closer, a big red apple in between her beak, setting it on the ground for her.

The gently nudged her trusted eagle, "..Maybe you're right. We can go to far away places and meet so many people but we'd always come back to where we started." she took the apple and walked over to Broken and Final Rest, bringing it and laying it near them to offer. "But I will not know that unless I do go -- only for a little while."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:23 pm
Final Rest shifted his pale eyes towards the bright red. He didn't hesitate to bow his head and take a small n** of it, even though he wasn't terribly hungry. Like his mother, he was a hunter, and he knew the value of sharing a meal and what it meant. He bit the small piece he'd taken in half and put the other next to Broken, who was wide awake at the prospect of food.

Finishing his small piece, he turned his head towards Bare Trees, nodding slightly. "You must answer the call of the Swamp. It's our nature to respond to our calling, no matter what point in life it can be heard." He knew he'd be a hunter from his first kill under the tutelage of his mother, just as he knew Bare Trees would not be. It was her time, now. He was pleased that she'd finally listened to the Swamp and not what she thought she ought to be hearing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:47 pm
"It's about time I did," The doe nodded, pleased that he took a bite as well as Broken. Sprig flew up once again to retrieve another fruit, happily providing and being helpful. "But... yes, I just feel it's right. I don't know, It's very strange. But the MotherFather has been leading me in ways I do not expect and -- I will follow."

Her expression was placid, settling beside Broken.

"I will come back and maybe you can visit me when I plant my own garden?" She added with a little chuckle. "And give me some advice on it."  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:52 pm
"It is all we can do."

Broken had already made quick work of the apple piece, and when Bare Trees nestled, the canine shifted over to lay between the doe's front legs, tail thumping.

Final Rest faced his own garden. "Come to me when you come back. We'll harvest what seeds you want from mine, and in turn, you will bring me something new from your travels." They came from a line of hunters - the least they could do was offer equal share in their bounty, even in plants.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff