Submit

did this happen to you?
  yes....
  not realli.. hm?
  no.
View Results

Mitsukiyume

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:51 pm
i don't know.. sad neutral but am i the only one who thinks that arina-sensei's works have gotten weird after it reaches a climax?
i loved full moon in the beginning, but it just got weird when she found out that eichi's dead and all.. ;.;
kyoko was abruptly fast-forwarded through...
kkj wasn't all that bad.. but it turned out better than the crappy ending in the anime...

i'm liking cross now but, i SO hope that she doesn't take it over the edge again and end is like ts did or take the turn full moon did --;;;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:56 pm
Jeanne and Full Moon seemed to go on for just the right length of time for
me. Their stories are very complete and I like them as they are. Time
Stranger Kyoko could go on for 38 volumes like my favorite series of
all time, Ranma 1/2, but that's just because I'm greedy and love the
characters in TSK so much. Arina-sensei tells her stories at a quick pace,
but I'm pretty much ok with that. The work she does is great stuff smile .  

meekachan

Friendly Bard

7,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:23 pm
I thought that Eichi being dead was pretty predictable, myself. I don't think the story gets "weird" after you find out, though. You don't find out at the climax, anyway, you find out in the middle of the series. 3nodding But I would agree that Full Moon is not Arinacchi's best work.

I believe Time Stranger Kyoko was supposed to be longer, but it wasn't doing so well, so Arina's editor had her shorten it. A lot of fans agree that the story does seem really rushed. I'm not sure if I agree or not. It did have great potential, but the ending was good, too. I guess it might have worked better as a longer series.

The KKJ anime thing is kind of irrelevant because Arina didn't have any sway over that. She just created the manga. 3nodding I haven't seen the anime, so I can't really comment on it, but I guess it wasn't a very well liked show. I do think that the manga had a good ending, though.

Wow, talking about all this makes me realize that it's been a long time since I read all the series all the way through. Maybe I should do that again soon! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:11 am
C'mon guys, this is the first good discussion question we've had in a long time! The guild is dying... crying  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

kittiko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:34 am
fullmoon did get weird...but i still luff it! xd heart  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:43 am
solarfacade
C'mon guys, this is the first good discussion question we've had in a long time! The guild is dying... crying

ack its dying!
don't go towards the light! c'mon guild you can make it! gonk  

kittiko

` i H i T A C H i i N

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 am
I don't think the mangas became weird. I like the way FMwS ended. Time Stranger Kyoko was a bit short, but still, the characters were awesome and I really enjoyed the plot. I've only read uptil Chap. 20 in SDC, but I like it, even though it confuses me a little. >w<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:09 pm
Fullmoon wasn't that bad at all...i prefer happy endings than bad ones...

@.Koutei.Mitsuki.Otomiya.:i know this is completely random but...i really love your sig...takuto looks cute when he smiles! 4laugh whee  

Xx.[bLeEdInG_mAsCaRa].xX

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:46 am
I didn't find Full Moon to be weird after they found out about Eichi's death. For a volume or two, though, it did kind of spiral downwards into this odd sense of depression, but then it came back out into the light, and that's what I liked about the series.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:17 pm
By 'weird'... I don't know. I don't understand what you mean by 'weird'. confused I like how Arina-sensei formats her works. I find it nice how she starts the drama within the climax instead of in the beginning like some stories. xd  

Leri
Vice Captain

Cawey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:35 am
I actually agree. After a while everything gets messy and nothing seems like it used to be. TSK ended quickly because Arina didn't want to do it anymore, or something... I don't exactly remember, but it says something like that in one of the volumes. "It's just gonna be 3 volumes"-ish.
All her stories seem to end well in one way or another. I'm currently reading KKJ and I think I'm at the point where it starts being... "weird"... like that... ("Eh? Fin being evil? O_O")
Well, Arina tends to make a point of the story where everything changes.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:35 pm
I added a spoiler tag since the thread title is kind of ambiguous and so people don't have to white out spoilers.  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Bchan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:38 am
Lepidus Light
I didn't find Full Moon to be weird after they found out about Eichi's death. For a volume or two, though, it did kind of spiral downwards into this odd sense of depression, but then it came back out into the light, and that's what I liked about the series.

Agreed - I was ready to stop reading after Mitsuki became seriously emo after Taukto and company found out that she knew Eichi was dead. It was getting ridiculous and I wanted to slap her. But in vol. 5 (I think) she's finally learning to live again, and be happy, get on with her life. Angsty Mitsuki just sucks and is annoying and makes the manga annoying. Happy Mitsuki is good whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:14 pm
the series is unpredictable...not weird...just unpredictable...i like it though! 4laugh  

Xx.[bLeEdInG_mAsCaRa].xX

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:45 pm
fullmoon_mitsuki16
the series is unpredictable...not weird...just unpredictable...i like it though! 4laugh

Unpredictable is good! A predictable story is boring.  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff