Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:43 am
A grunt had died on the last mission; a grunt that Clancy, to be honest, had rather liked... But still 'better 'im than me' was Clancy's most prevailing thought. He didn't want to be dead at all, and he was rather glad that he wasn't. Well. At least, he thought he probably would be. It was rather hard to tell right at this moment as his previous dose of painkillers were waning and soon it would be time for more.

He'd been stuck in the infirmary for a quite a while already. Sure, he was healing, they told him, but after all the injuries he'd suffered, plus a number of days spent entirely unconscious... He would be stuck here for a little while yet.
He couldn't entirely remember how he'd gotten all the injuries he had... He remembered a lot of weird little rodenty buggers firing poison at them, and getting stung by them... He thought he remembered the ground moving and giant cow-monsters but he couldn't be sure that hadn't been a hallucination. He certainly didn't remember making it into the jet, and, mercifully, probably, he didn't remember KO's death. He'd heard about that after waking up.
He'd been troubled, at first, because someone had died, and it was someone he felt he got on quite well with... But it hadn't taken him long to realise that -he- hadn't died himself, and that was very important.

Currently, the red-head was propped up in bed, counting cracks on the ceiling and waiting for his next dose. He wouldn't have minded the fact he didn't have to work if it hadn't been so boring and painful laying where he was.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:13 pm
It was concerning to know something was wrong and to not be told about it. It itched on his consciousnesses and faded away into dreams because he hadn't managed to keep awake and he was still not sure how long he had been unconscious. Quite some time, more then likely. He had been in pain, a lot of pain and he faintly remembered his Pokemon near by and they were gone now.

He woke to light, a mass of whiteness and well a big honking blind spot but that wasn't unusual anymore. Lex winced, making to move an arm and grunted as he found he couldn't. He shifted his head looking at the iv line disappearing into his wrist and the white restraint.

"Fuvk me." He muttered quietly.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:42 pm
"No t'a, mate. I don't think either o' us are in a bloody fit enough state t' try that..." Clancy's voice called in response, as he heard Lex's first two words upon waking up.
He was close enough and bored enough that he'd probably hear a pin drop right about now, if one did.

"How ya doin' o'er there? Feelin' like a truck 'it ya? Bloody know that's 'ow I been feelin'..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:11 pm
Lex choked slightly at the reply and coughed a bit before husking out "Not an offer." Ugh, his mouth was dry. He shifted one foot, winced heavily, teeth biting his lip and stilled, panting slightly. Ouch, ouch, ouch, what had he done to his leg?

"Feeling it now... thank you." Lex muttered and shifted slowly, giving small periodical winces, trying to see if they had left a cup of ice by his bedside... Ice chips sucked but he would settled for them.. if he could get to them.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:36 pm
The cough was noted and Clancy smirked a bit. He did enjoy winding people up sometimes.
"Eh. Good. Y' ain't exactly m' type, but y' can see 'ow I can make that mistake, eh? I'm pretty bloody irresistible, me." He was probably joking. Especially given how he looked right at the moment.

"Well, just give 'em nurses a buzz. They'll give y' some treats that'll turn your head into a bloomin' cloud. Don't last bloody long enough, really, but it's damned good stuff..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:40 pm
Lex sighed noting that he was not going to be able to reach the cup but he did have a call button at hand. "Yeah?" He fumbled with it till he could find and push the button with a soft sign and winced.

"You wouldn't know if they kept my prosthetic eye in or if they took it out would you?" He wasn't in any shape to go patting his face to find out. He attempted to lift that lid and found it resistant to moving. "Never mind... think they taped it."  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:12 pm
"Aye. Gives y' some pleasantly whacky ol' dreams 's well..." Clancy enthused. He did like the drugs.

"No idea. Ain't been awake long 'nuff to know much 'bout anything or anyone. Well 'cept that that fancy block went and snuffed it. Found that out, at least. Bloody shame; rather liked 'im."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:04 pm
Well, know he knew what to get Clancy for his birthday, fancy drugs. He shut his eyes, planning to block Clancy's voice when that hit.

Fancy block? Bloke and snuffed it. "Whatt?" He asked tightly, throat swollen and stiff. "Some.. Someone died?" He breathed sharply, forcing himself to relax. Could be anyone.. could be anyone.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:05 am
Sensitivity was not one of Clancy's qualities, apparently.

"Aye. Erm. The red-head chap. Y'know; into all 'is bloody fashion?" For a moment it seemed like Clancy wouldn't remember the codename he was looking for...
"Ah! K.O.! 'Im. Poor sod. He went and caught that big ol' fancy stag thing an' then 'e went and croaked right on the jet, 'pparently... Bloody shame, 'specially after all that luck 'e was 'avin' with the monsters... Almost made it outta there."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:39 am
K.O was dead... ********. He breathed out and in, trying to force himself into a meditative state instead of blowing his s**t and managing to injure himself more.

"Do me a favor and shut up for a bit." He forced out.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:41 pm
"Eh?" The red-head frowned in puzzlement, then looked slightly offended. "Why? I've been sittin' here all on my bloody lonesome for hours and now you've finally joined us outta dreamland you want me to bloomin' shut up?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:24 pm
"Yes, yes I do." Lex let go of the breath, eyes tightly shut as he focused on breathing. In and Out, deep and smooth, relax and center yourself. Center, center, center.

He really wanted to bury his hands and face into Sideway's or Grimlock's fur and just let every piling up emotion out but he couldn't. So, center, center, and night skies.

Some meditated with beaches or trees or any other sort of images, Lex used teh sky at night when everything was dark and the galaxies were milky streams and stars bright and crickets and other small noises could be heard in tune with his crobat's near silent wings.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:00 pm
Clancy frowned, thought about it, looked insulted further as his frown deepened, and retorted, sulkily.
"Well I ain't bloody well gonna!" And proceeded to start humming a shanty he remembered.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:10 pm
Calm, calm... soothing, relaxing, Lex twitched, concentration shot and groaned, hands frantically poking the button to call the nurse. "You are this close to being cursed." He grumbled, eyes tightly screwed shut.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:38 pm
He knew, even if the nurse was called, he had a few minutes...
"Jokes on you mate, I don't believe in bloody curses!" Clancy retorted, and then actually began /singing/ the shanty.

"Weeeelll.... A-night-on-shore-won't-a-do-us-any-harm!" He did not have a good singing voice.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff