Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:40 am
User Image

It was raining when Chosen One finally slipped away. Only a light drizzle that turned the earth to mud and dripped lazily from leaves, the sort of rain that caused the frogs to burst into song. The colt emerged from the dry hollow where No Mercy was still sleeping; looking back once to check his movement hadn’t disturbed the older buck. All fine with just the gentle rise and fall of peaceful rest.

Chosen One fought the urge to kick up his hooves and moved silently, or as silently as one can move when squelching and splashing through puddles, away from the hollow. Off along into the Swamp, it was such a thrill. No Mercy hated to leave him alone. Even when the buck hunted, he still kept his young charge close.

When he was far enough away, he ran. He ran until his lungs were burning and his throat was aching and he could feel his pulse in his neck, THUMP THUMP THUMP. THWACK? The colt skidded to a halt and as he caught his breath, he listened. There was a rhythmic pounding somewhere nearby and before he knew it, his hooves were carrying him towards it.

LOLLI qAq
*heavy breathing*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Horns and hooves hit hardwood in a steady rain of blows. Badlands' brows were furrowed as she struck one tree with her horns and then kicked up to hit a different tree with her back hooves. Her breathing was steady, but it burned. A mix of sweat and mist from the hair clung to her in a slick sheen.

She'd been at this since the sun had gone down the following night and she didn't plan to stop until the sun set again or her body gave out. Whichever happened first. It wasn't the brightest choice, defense wise, but very things scared or surprised her anymore.

Ruriska
<3 xforever

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:56 pm
The colt stood and watched without moving. When he’d first stepped into view, he’d frozen and watched the doe as she pummelled the wood, waiting to be noticed. But not once did she stop from her task and so he simply waited and watched and felt each powerful hit like another heartbeat in his chest.

It was only when Chosen One was disturbed the passage of time, the raucous cry of a bird above reminding where he was, that he decided enough was enough.

“Hello,” he said simply, raising his voice to be heard over the strikes.

LOLLI qAq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:08 pm
A voice spoke and a muscle in her neck twitched in surprise. An ear bent towards the voice and she stopped her attacks to turn towards him. She was even more surprised to find someone so young before her. It was a gift to be so silent at such a young age and it warranted respect.

She sat down on her hind haunches and nodded to him.

"Hello," she returned the greeting succinctly. "Have you been here long?"

Ruriska

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:12 pm
"For a while," he answered honestly, flicking water off his ear where it had dripped from above.

His approach was slow and cautious, yet he held himself with an odd confidence for one so young. It was if any fear he held, was not for his well-being but for hers.

"Why were you doing that?"

LOLLI qAq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:20 pm
She watched him with sharp eyes, and though she'd allowed herself to sit before him every muscle was still on edge. There was just something about him that said to be wary around him. Admittedly, she liked that. She wondered if she could use that to her advantage.

"I have an enemy," she answered vaguely but honestly.

"She is smart. Crafty. And the one who guards her is strong. I fight, and kill, in the name of strangers in return for food and connections; I train as you saw me do just now, and I do it all so that I may kill the two I spoke of."

She smiled toothily at him. It was not a pleasant expression.

"I get to ask a question now- What are you doing here?"

Ruriska

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 pm
A shiver ran down Chosen One’s spine and smiled. No, not just smiled, he positively beamed at her, as if the sun had suddenly risen. "I see," he said, "I understand." He thought of No Mercy in the hollow of the tree, curled up with his nightmares both asleep and awake. Of the blood that they spilt to try alleviate his pain.

"I woke up and wanted to go for a walk," he told her. "But I think I’m really here to see you." He was excited, exuberant and knew he was on the verge of something brilliant.

"I want to help you. Please let me help you."

LOLLI qAq

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:07 pm
Perfect. Badlands was so pleased with how easily everything had fallen into place that it was hard for her to contain her pride. She should have been concerned by this. She should have been immediately questioning his motives, but she wasn't. He was just a kid right? Smiling more pleasantly at him she nodded again and stood to move closer. Muscles moved and strained as she walked towards him.

"How would you propose to do that?"

Ruriska
Eeeeeeeee

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:27 pm
He wanted to help this doe so much it was a physical ache in his belly. He wanted to see those who had wronged her ground down to blood and bone. Together they would set her free.

"My father," he chirped eager and bright. "He’s very strong too. Together we can face your enemies and kill them." As if it was easy, as if taking life was their right.

LOLLI qAq
*o*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:19 pm
A flutter in her chest and a shiver down her spine spoke volumes to Badlands. As if she'd had a misgiving to begin with.

"The land they call home will be salted with their blood. In the meantime I offer myself to you as a mentor and guard. If you and your father will have me."

She moved to stand next to him and bumped him gently with her hip.

"I like you kid."

Ruriska
We can wrap this up soon or keep going! Your call!

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:59 pm
It all felt so right.

He leaned into her and smiled, wordlessly marking her as his. She would guard him alongside No Mercy and together they would be a true family, one that stood by each other no matter what.

Chosen One couldn’t have been happier.

"I like you too."

LOLLI qAq
I think this is the perfect end point. ;D You're the best, lollipolli and Badlands is so cool. <3

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games