[PRP] Respite [The Beast Inside x Jade Fire] [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She'd noticed the damage to the trees first. The morning fog was still heavy and gave the Swamp a haze that she was intimately familiar with; it was why the scratches and scores against the heavy trees was so stark to her. The doe moved silently like the fog itself, the density of it washing out her seafoam hues into something more murky. She was part of the Swamp. She moved with it.

Jade Fire heard the breathing about the same time she smelled the blood. A flutter of alarm touched her mind, but she pushed it aside to see if it was merely a vigorous hunt...or something else.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been such a long night, even moreso than the others. A night that he couldn't remember clearly, but the screams and metallic taste on his muzzle was as clear as day as was the wounds against his chest and arms. Cursed could not bear to think what he had killed, as other nights, he only wished to forget his shame.

The beast laid down against a thicket of broken branches and destroyed trees, blood-stained leaves scattered all around him, only noticing when he moved, a branch was impaled against his side -- but it was fine, he would be fine. He just needed to rest. His vision was blurry, he wasn't sure if it was the fog or that he still wasn't completely himself, but --- he just needed a moment to breathe.

His large body breathed slowly, eyes closing, he wouldn't die yet -- not now. Yet sometimes he was sure it would be the best answer for the swamp.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:20 pm
She found him in the fog; she would have missed him in all his darkness, if not for the bright splatters of blood - his and not his alike - that he was laying in.

Jade Fire tread carefully to the beast, not to sneak up, but more to not alarm him. Her eyes flickered over the branch that was protruding unnaturally from his body, another swath of red running down his side from it. "Are you the victor?" she asked quietly, testing to see if the Kiokote was even alive. She was certain he was, his breathing audible, but a simple 'hello' didn't seem appropriate just then.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:35 pm
He heard a faint rustling, his ears perked up a little -- no, it was not his Still. But the steps were delicate, soft, the beast knew it was not a foe.

The dark kiokote snorted softly at the words. "Being... as I am... I am never the victor." There was more blood of others on his fur than his own, and his injuries had seemed like mere bite marks and hopeless scratches, the only real injury was the wood that impaled him. His breathing was slow and deep, eyes opening subtly to watch where the voice was coming from. "You should go." He issued a gentle warning.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:41 pm
"I will not be warded out of my home," she replied with equal parts measure and assurance. "Especially when one needs help - even if it seems it is aid against himself."

The delicate doe picked her way close to the Kiokote, not minding the blood her hooves touched or his dark mane against her legs as she inspected the branch that speared him. No matter who or what he was, none deserved this fate. Looking around his swollen side, she decided she could get it out, if he'd lay still for it. "I can remove your thorn, Plainswalker." Rounding him, her tail lifted, the tuft a bright streak against his dark side. She gazed at him with the type of patience that said she was not going anywhere, even if he insisted. If he could not stop her otherwise, she might remove the stick without his blessing. It was her territory, and she'd see him out, no matter the means.

"Will you lay still?" she queried, tilting her head to the side. "It will be but a moment, and given your trophies of war," her eyes softened, "I do not believe it will hurt much. It's a clean skewer. There should be little debris."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:51 pm
She was delicate in her step -- yet he could also hear the firmness in her voice, the quiet strength. The beast smiled a little, eyes closed. "I can... hear by your tone... nothing I will say will .. deter you." He said resignedly. "But I deplore you .. take my warning... ngh--"

Merely shifting his body a little, he could feel the sharp pain abruptly, he could handle on his own when he got more strength back but this stranger seemed adamant for some reason. And he saw her clearer now, bright, elegant, and the strength in her voice showing in her eyes. "I shall stay still." He sighed, opening his bright blood-coloured eyes to her, a monster, yet his expression said much more.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:57 pm
"Tell me, Plainswalker. Why should I leave you?" Her tone was light, conversational, not at all confrontational. Even as she spoke, she moved around to his back again, putting her front legs over him against his belly. "Take a deep breath if you must, and speak evenly." She wanted him to breathe, afraid she'd tear if he was holding his breath. Even so, her small jaw set around the errant bough, and once she could hear him speaking, she set her back hooves steady in the murk and steeled herself against his midsection, using her strength to pull the stick out in a sharp twist of her neck.

The stick dropped away from him, she tucked herself as small and compact as she could - which wasn't hard, he was quite larger than her - and physically laid herself against him. On him, really, her stomach covering his wound, legs curled up against her body to use her weight against the flow of blood.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:05 pm
"Because I am a beast, a monster." He said simply. "I may spill your blood and leave you to bleed, it is something I cannot control --- "

He took a deep breath, following her advice and grunted when she pulled it out, thick tail slamming against the floor that everything seemed to shake a little. And that was it. Cursed continued to breathe deeply, but immediately he felt lighter, better, even if the blood was trickling down, he could hardly even feel it, so numb to pain already.

"Thank you." He turned his head slightly towards her as her weight pressed against him, finding her warmth and presence to be oddly soothing. "You aren't scared." His words were more of a statement, blinking at the ethereal doe.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:09 pm
"You've given me no reason to be scared. You're hurt, and the MotherFather saw fit that you find yourself near my home. The least I can do is make sure you are more hale leaving than you found yourself coming in."

Turning her head, she stretched her neck and rested her chin on his shoulder, a faint smile forming. "You shouldn't be afraid of what 'may' happen, Plainswalker. And what if you do hurt me? I will bleed, and I will heal. Or perhaps the bough that speared you might have fallen on me and slain me instantly. You may have saved my life." Her tail again flicked, resting over his back haunches. "You've presence of mind enough to try and warn me - I hardly would think you a monster if you take care to keep those in your company safe."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:15 pm
He was quiet for a long moment as the doe spoke, eyes fluttering to a close and then back at her with a heavy stare.

"You're rather ...optimistic about others," Cursed said in a slightly confused and amused way. "I am covered in others blood, destroyed possibly half of your home, yet you say that." He actually gave her a little smile back when she looked over to him.

"I am grateful to you." Of course he still thought he was a monster, yet her words were gentle and soothing, it was hard not to believe it a little. "Forgive me, I'd be more polite but ..." He breathed in deeply still, gathering his strength though it was quickly coming back.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:20 pm
The doe chuckled softly, a gentle sort of chiding amusement in her gaze. "The hunter bleeds others to survive. Winter, too, can be destructive. Why would I dislike either for their nature? There is nothing inherently wrong or bad about it." She paused, adding thoughtfully, "I am not optimistic, Plainswalker, but I see you and I find much more goodness in you than you do yourself. There is nothing wrong with you."

The heat she'd felt welling against her stomach seemed to staunch, and lifting her body, she checked -- indeed, the wound seemed to be healing already, or at the very least, not gushing his life force. With her belly wet with his blood, she carefully climbed off of his side and against his stomach instead, settling once more with her front legs over one of his. "Manners can be overrated," she offered lightly. "Especially when one just had part of a tree pulled from their being."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:27 pm
Cursed looked at her a little sadly, "Sometimes I think the other part of me is more cruel than an unyielding, frozen winter." He said thoughtfully, "Less it is a hunt than something about me that is out of control." But the kiokote listened, her words had so much goodness in them, he felt... better, especially at those last words. "It is true I do not find much in myself, and I'm truly grateful you do."

He let out a little sound when her weight wasn't against him anymore, letting out a prolonged little sigh. He moved his body slightly and about to move his hooves but he felt her small ones on his one, eyes turning to her. "Seems so." he paused, large tail gently moving on hers and practically covering her back, a sign of comfort. "True," he chuckled faintly, "But you deserve more than this. --I shall start with my name. The Beast Within. Cursed if you will." Even his name bore his unfortunate birthright, and he had accepted it long ago.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:35 pm
Her smile lingered, still exuding the patience of one who is used to dealing with stubborn children. "The winter lasts for months, Plainswalker, even into spring when it sees fit. The part of you that you turn your back on so much - how long does it last? How long is he in control?" Her questions were gentle, inquiring, learning about the injured beast she was laying against. He hardly seemed fearsome - if anything, he was fearful of himself. It made her heart clench to think as such.

"I deserve what I bring upon myself, Beast." Clearly, she would not be using his given nickname. She didn't agree with it. "I am Jade Fire. It is truly a pleasure to meet you on such a delightful morning." She chuckled, enjoying his company even if he didn't enjoy his own.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:42 pm
He smiled weakly. "If you are unlucky enough to witness the other me, I truly wish you would still think the same." He didn't mind the questions the least, and actually they made him think more about his situation, though stubborn. "Yet I truly cannot answer all those questions, myself."

"Jade Fire. You are a vision." he rested his head back against the ground, eyes still upon her, large tail gently on her back. "Delightful.. morning." He had to laugh weakly at that. "Truly somehow ...feels that way a little." He moved slightly again, head moving up to face her proper, seeing then more clearly how her small body was against his dark pelt.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:49 pm
"It is you," she replied simply. "I would take your warning to heart, but I would not leave you to suffer on your own."

Jade Fire noted the way he was trying to look at her, and pushing herself to stand, she touched her nose to his shoulder. "Don't move so much, Beast. I am able." She stepped over his front legs, replying, "I enjoy meeting new kin. You are the first of your kind I've come across -- are all of you so large?" Her voice was tinged with a laugh. "I am enjoying your presence! That is well enough for a delightful morning."

The doe lowered herself to the ground, mirroring him and laying on her side, facing him so he could see her better. "Take a moment to relax, Beast. When you feel able, I will take you home and make sure you are fed and well rested. I wont accept no for an answer." She smiled, flicking her tail back towards him, the tendrils of his long tail still able to reach her.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff